Reviews for Divination for Skeptics
minuscandy chapter 8 . 12/27/2020
but... isn't hermione being just generally cold and inconsiderate here? riveting dialogue aside the story is becoming harder to follow at this point because I just don't see the logic behind Hermione's actions and words. i know she's supposed to be being TOO logical or something here but logical doesnt have to mean blind to people's feelings and emotions.
darkaugust chapter 11 . 12/4/2020
Lovely story, I read it in two days! I really liked the "terrible but relatable" characters. Narcissa at the end was icing on the cake. Thank you for writing and sharing.
SL chapter 10 . 11/20/2020
I really enjoy how this lighthearted story also has layers of human complexity, and is aspirational towards the end.

Thank you.
Enfantfavori chapter 10 . 11/16/2020
I just absolutely love the writing style on this story. It reminds me of Penny Reid's Neanderthal Seeks Human. Funny, so smart, and emotionally deep.
ChocolateIsLife96 chapter 1 . 11/7/2020
I’m sorry is it just me...or is hermione an insufferable crazy woman this entire story? Also what’s with the pure blood rubbish still being held highly after a war they just fought to overrule it, and on top of that the golden trio are treated like rubbish and have rubbish lives? Just a bit too out there for their characters for me ️...surely they wouldn’t accept mediocre boring jobs they have no interest in, especially hermione.
Although well written and entertaining the characters are just a little too dramatic for my taste.
seeminglymeaningless chapter 11 . 11/1/2020
This story was ridiculously over the top and quite a few of the literary references went over my head, but the parts I could understand were brilliant. I enjoyed Theo the most and found Draco endearing. Hermione felt like a robot to me and didn't really seem true to character in the sense that while yes, she was studious and possibly scientific, she wasn't bookish to the sense of carrying out experiments involving people's feelings, her own included. Anyway, thank you for sharing, I did thoroughly enjoy this and will revisit it again sometime when I'm in the mood for highbrow and yet completely cracked shenanigans. The court scene with Pansy and Percy was just too rich. "The shoes," Theo cried. Or some such.
SparklingSins chapter 12 . 10/21/2020
Wowwww what an amazing and amazingly well written story I am in awe and in love! I love that you chose to portray hermione as autistic bc I can SEE it; while I don’t consider her to be autistic in canon, I think most of her canon actions can easily be seen from an autistic perspectiveher characterization was literally one POV chapter away from being explicitly autistic.

And I love that you treated autism with both respect and even love and just. Chefs kiss

Some scenes were extremely hard to read as result (the confession to pansy in particular)—painful to read even—but they were both important and necessary and just. Your writing evoked so many emotions I can’t

Dying over feminism seeping into narcissa, along with the baby names and the utter chaos that was both the epilogue and THEO god I love Theo

And just I love for your story’s feminism in general

And similarly to paradox I love that you don’t relegate love rivals/exes to just that position, your portrayal of pansy and moon were both breathtaking and a breath of fresh air

And anyway u are HILARIOUS I was crying in both laughter and beautiful, glorious second hand embarrassment ily
aphroditetsunami chapter 11 . 10/17/2020
A fun, entertaining read with unaccounted for whips and whirls which are very much appreciated. Beautiful character work and splendid vocabulary. All a reader can hope for!
Sak chapter 6 . 10/9/2020
What an action filled chapter
Sak chapter 5 . 10/9/2020
I busted out laughing. The court scene was hilarious
Sak chapter 4 . 10/9/2020
I think you might be too witty for your own good.
The king sentences are growing on me though. And I love the historical dates, Buckbeak incident 1993, etc.

Finally we got more Hermione and Draco conversation and it was wonderful. Let their percentibility grow every day now!
Sak chapter 3 . 10/9/2020
I knew the percentibility would change!
Sak chapter 2 . 10/9/2020
Did she read it backwards and their compatibility is 81%?
Her date was hilarious but now I need steak pie
Sak chapter 1 . 10/9/2020
Even meant 4 me sounds silly
Luzula-spicata chapter 11 . 10/8/2020
It's a incredible story but I liked this fiction
1,155 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »