Reviews for Two Roads Converged
Guest chapter 12 . 6/28/2012
Oh dear god please, where is the rest! This is so well written.
Blackfire 18 chapter 12 . 10/2/2011
I am a fly. I am a helpless fly caught in your web-and you'd leave me to starve before weaving more of this enthralling story. Y-You will be updating soon won't you?

Your writing style is richly detailed and refreshingly mature. Steiner is his hot-tempered, fiercely dutiful self. But we see his growth through the chapters of your story. Beatrix's progression is simply euphoric-starting off the smart, cocky soldier, gradually becoming the hard-edged weapon serving the empire until she is rocked to a place of uncertainty. Nothing is rushed. Their dialogue is spot on and I loved their teasing banter. And the other characters are well portrayed-everyone from Blank to Catherine has their part to play with no unnecessary duplicity.

I loved the rendition of your fight scenes. It makes so much more sense that there are many near misses rather than connecting blows, especially when the party goes up against Beatrix. Come on, if the lady actually struck them they'd be missing limbs. And it only adds to Beatrix's power that she was 'just sparring' with them.

I tripped on a couple things, namely Kuja and Beatrix's past history, but you brought it across convincingly enough that it didn't detract me from the story that much. Also, if Beatrix had not been home since her eye injury, wouldn't her father have reacted to it? And I wouldn't peg Catherine the type to stutter around Steiner with Beatrix as her role model. Moreover, in the the Army, majors outrank captains. Steiner would be saluting Catherine!

But really this is such a wonderful story! I stayed up later than I should have on several nights to finish off a chapter. I even tried to sneak in some fanfic reading at work. That doesn't happen often. As I said earlier, I'm caught.

You are one talented writer and I hope you will weave more of this beautiful web soon. Very soon.

Blackfire 18
Guitah chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
Ah, it's been two years since the last update ;_; well I guess it doesn't hurt to review anyway, the way you write is so fantastic, I'm simply in love with this story. Hopefully, maybe, just maybe, you manage to finish it someday!
Traingham chapter 12 . 8/9/2010
Oh man, this past weekend has been a pleasure all due to this wonderful gem. From the first chapter I can honestly say that I've been enthralled by this story. You write Beatrix and Steiner incredibly well, so much that I can actually empathize with them, something that is quite rare to come across in literature.

Well, I suppose most of my love for the story goes to you segments focused on General Beatrix. I feel in love with the character on the first confrontation at the end of the first disc. She was a pleasantly unexpected villain, elegant, and merciless, but devoted to Garnet above all, and while her romance with Steiner was very sweet toward the end, I feel like they just had so much more potential work with for her as a character.

Anyway, I'll stop my ranting now. This doesn't sound much like a review anymore, so I'll simply end by saying cheers.

Take care,

Traingham...
Bad one chapter 12 . 6/13/2010
I really hope that you will continue it one day )
The Occurian chapter 12 . 3/19/2010
You really should continue with this fic! It captures the characters perfectly! Steiner's blumbering persona and Beatrix's cool charm are so well-drawn out! Don't leave me hangin now...
Doc. Dump chapter 12 . 2/21/2010
This is the best ff9 fic I have ever read.

Your fic is perfectly paced, with electrifying moments chasing each other like heartbeats. It is an eloquent and funny tale, packed with humorous allusions to the game and rip-snorting drama (The reference to the POP QUIZ! monster made me LOL so hard). This fic captures completely the atmosphere of FF9. KUDOS!
Clement Rage chapter 11 . 2/17/2010
I've just read over this whole thing again, and I feel I have to mention- this really is an excellently written piece. It's nothing I haven't said before, but I had to comment.
Maeleene chapter 12 . 12/26/2009
I don't know why, but this is the second story I was missing some update alerts for. I began reading this chapter, then realized I had no clue what was going on. As it turns out, I was three chapters behind.

But that's fine! With no work and a boring but relaxing day off, I spent it reading and enjoying your wonderful creation to the fullest extent.

Easily, I can tell you this is one of my favourite fics ever read. And I've read more than my fair share. On top of that, yours is twice the treat, as it's one of the few 'retellings' of a story that doesn't make me want to nod off. You've successfully managed to both chronicle the game and bring new depth to some lesser-loved characters, all the while remaining steadfast and faithful to their personalities and game-roles. I applaud you, and wish dearly this had been included in the game itself! (Beatrix is my favourite character, and reading your fic only reinforces the sentiment.)

I really have no words beyond this. It seems redundant and meaningless to throw gleaming adjectives at you in high praise. Though, I can when you update next if you like. ;)

I do hope you'll update soon, though. I really love this story and the direction it's taking. I can't wait to see how you will let this unfold. On top of that, it's a splendid way to spend my 'boring' days and gives me lots of fuel for my dimmed imagination. Of course, quality is always better than rushed attempts to please impatient fans. But my greedy eyeballs are pressuring me to beg for a speedy installment. Bad eyeballs... I'll be sure to keep them in check next time around.

Happy Holidays, and thank you for this wonderful treat!

-Maeleene
Clement Rage chapter 12 . 12/17/2009
One of the fics I was genuinely delighted to see updated. Rare though the updates are, they are worthwhile. I've forgotten some of the rest of it, must remember to read back over it again. You have no idea how happy it made me to see a new chapter...They're both brilliant characters who tend to be a bit neglected.
Myshu chapter 12 . 12/15/2009
Steiner with his hair down (literally and figuratively) is AMAZING. Such a rare and odd glimpse of him that Zidane's party will never get to see. It's also funny that he gets along with Cinna, of all people-which makes sense with the coffee, but is still ironic considering his regard for the thieves.

A blonde Bea is pretty interestin' too-and alarmingly easy to picture. Ack, mental images...

But really, I like what you did with this chapter, which took its time getting the reader comfortable with Bert and Bea's newfound lot. It effectively showed how restless and guilt-driven Beatrix was in that position, and then threw a happy little twist at the end. Lindblum is fun and all, but I'm glad they're getting to go back. Of course, there's still a long way to go for the both of them...

So! Onward, I hope. I'll be waitin' for the next one.
WildfireDreams chapter 12 . 12/14/2009
Utterly amazing! After finding Katethegreat19's utterly amazing performance of Rose of May completely by accident on youtube I had to look for some Steiner/Beatrix fanfiction, and then I stumbled upon this equally amazing fic. This is a true gem, the detail is enthralling and you can really capture their personalities. I can't wait to read more.
Maribe chapter 12 . 12/6/2009
The more I read, and the more i love your fic, seriously don't make us wait so long between each chapter, it's just to good! Oh and i love that gentle, honest, inebriate Steiner .(Sorry for the english)
Castalle chapter 12 . 12/6/2009
I cannot tell you how glad I am that you've begun to write this story again! It's by far my favorite Final Fantasy story I've read, and it's so in depth and well written that I was mourning the fact a year ago that there hadn't been an update in so long. I'm so excited for the next chapters I can't even begin to describe, can't wait!
vampirecheetah chapter 12 . 12/5/2009
so glad to see you back :) And as always, excellent chapter. Had always wondered what Steiner would be like drunk XD