Reviews for The Archeologist
The needle-sword expert chapter 3 . 5/15
Dude, your response was so badass. Also, your story's amazing!
show don't tell
Sparkling Ratemis chapter 11 . 5/13
Thank you for writing. I really enjoyed this storyeven though I didn't care for the details in curse-breaking, the overall plot and the way you write were more than good enough to keep me hooked. Thanks!
iamyashflipkart chapter 1 . 5/3
Loved the descriptive way of writing. But was impressed the lengths you will go to avoid writing dialogues. The stories didn't have any good character interactions nor any meaningful relationships despite being a teacher.
The story feels more like an author self insert. The Harry is Mary Sue to the boot.
Someone chapter 11 . 4/30
If an author leaves comments enabled, does not say they only care about positive comments, and otherwise makes no indication that they are averse to criticism, why is criticizing their work bad? Reviews can be bad or good, that's why they're called reviews, and not pats on the back.
floating-somewhere chapter 4 . 4/28
Isn't criticism useful for authors to improve? Without people reading their work, there would be a lot of errors they couldn't improve on.
I agree that people should be nicer when writing reviews, but becoming better by continuing to write is like becoming better at sports by simply playing more. At a certain point, a coach of some sort to point out mistakes and give advice is necessary. Not that reviews are similar to a coach, but writers can only improve so much through practice.
birdwoman95 chapter 11 . 4/20
This was a simply fantastic story. Still go but all your own and almost zero of anything I’ve read before. Excellent!
wolfd890 chapter 1 . 4/17
Very confusing start to the first chapter. No mention about how he actually managed to time travel. But that aside, it was this paragraph that really made me scratch my head;

‘ No, more likely, Voldemort had killed Remus, told the girl to get out of the way, and then killed her when she didn't, before failing to kill her brother. The question then became 'why had Voldemort been willing to let Rose live'?’
How exactly do you expect a one year old to step aside? The tombstone only lists her as being that old, a few months if you’re filling the timeline of the original novels.
I’m afraid I’ll have to bow out at this point. I’d also recommend you overhaul this chapter.
Good luck in the future
wolfd890
KarisTasogare chapter 3 . 4/3
well said.
some enjoy 'reading' movie scripts, some don't. I never have found that 'style' of story (which includes 'written out' plays BTW) to my taste.
IMHO if one prefers something 'different' that what is offered, then they can either go looking for it, OR try their hand at crafting/making it themselves.
Greg chapter 9 . 3/28
For Frack's sake! Did you have to spell BeAuxbatons wrong every single time? There are two As in it! It means "handsome wands" in English. Beuxbatons, on the other hand, means nothing since beux is not a French word.
Bullshit. We don’t critique paintings before the artist puts it up in a gallery. We do so after the artist has finished and posted it. Criticizing a work in progress is beyond rude and utterly pointless. Because if you change it based on those comments, it’s no longer just “your” work anymore. It’s a collaboration.
im1 chapter 11 . 3/26
what an awesome story. I really enjoyed every moment of it, thank you.

If you ever continue this world count me in, although you did an amazing job of tidying up any lose ends, which is rare and welcomed.
Not everyone is worthy of respect. Some writers should stop writing. Just as other categories of art have artists who just shouldn’t. Painters who submit a canvas with nothing but some splatters. A chef who serves garbage and claims it is the eater who is wrong. No. Just because you choose to create diesnt mean what is created is be definition good and should be appreciated by all. Some forms of art are even harmful and should be destroyed. Some artists belong in jail for life if their place of residence doesn’t have execution. Protecting artists just because? No. Bad artists should be shunned. You are an idiot for saying criticism never helps. If nobody ever says anything then you don’t grow. You don’t change and you will be writing the same trash forever never knowing different. Idiot.
Now on to your story. Interesting plot but it’s completely dragged down by all the irrelevant information that has nothing to do with the plot. You get side tracked and meander all over constantly. You write like I imagine hermione granger with severe ADHD writes. Tons and tons of useless information included that is only served to inflate your word count and frustrate your readers.
Simianpower chapter 3 . 3/24
This is still all over the place, with no coherent, recognizable plot. It's partly the "show don't tell" thing, but mostly it's just about telling an actual story rather than stapling a bunch of unconnected vignettes together like you've done here.

As for your author's note, if you don't like feedback then, to use your words, "kindly fuck off" from this site, because you're implicitly requesting it simply by posting your story publicly. The fact that you think it's OK to tell readers who don't think the sun shines out of your ass to fuck off is reason enough for me to avoid any of the tripe you post even if it were better written.

And to counter your final point, I'd rather a hundred bad authors stop posting their drivel than lose any of the very few reviewers willing to be straight-up honest on this site. They're the only way to discover the occasional good story amid the sea of crap like this one.
Simianpower chapter 2 . 3/24
This story has no idea what it wants to be. It's all over the place. Time skips, random digressions to memories of another world, third-person narration of things the MC has no idea about, and then suddenly a random fight with McG. The MC's motivations are nonexistent, conversation limited to 2-3 lines. I'll give it another chapter to recover from this mishmash of a beginning, but I'm losing hope that it'll be interesting. The whole Yharnam bit was entirely skippable.