Reviews for Harry Black Book 1: The Hero's Return
I actually can’t wrap my head around why dementors are at the school
Dropping to the ground and rolling is incredibly inefficient and a waste of energy in a duel, it’s like you’ve completely forgotten about shielding charms that block spells and canceling out a spell with another or redirecting a spell.
Please can we not take pure blood society and chop everything they know up to mere propaganda cause of childish modern notions that everyone is equal. The only real talent hermione possess is in a academic setting she isn’t a powerful witch by any stretch of the mile. Pure bloods and half bloods are simply more powerful magic and blood are very important components in Harry Potter. Pure bloods are simply more powerful muggleborns and half bloods are typically more powerful as well can be explained by the magical saturation in their bloodlines causing them to have raw natural talents for certain fields and unique skills.
Several things now slapping a blood curse on Astoria was pointless to the plot and only really made stale drama. Micheal as a character doesn’t bring anything and really didn’t need to be created. Also you can’t identify IQ with such a method. IQ is a persons capacity to learn having a high IQ doesn’t mean your intelligent but that the potential is there. Figuring out a puzzle faster then others is a more closely related to EQ which represents ones problem solving skills and other such skills.
Let’s not deny that Sirius never went to Azkaban, this would mean he physically and mentally never suffered through that. Holding back Voldemort with his level of skill and talent is more then possible beating him no getting away yes.
I’m not sure how much you understand about the Harry Potter universe the a Hungarian got tails heartstring is used for cores not a scale. A wand maker uses the most magically potent thing about a creature when making a wand, a dragons scales are magical just not the best part. Also sure he doesn’t get to attend hogwarts but going to a muggle school is ridiculous, he could attend ivellmorny which is the American hogwarts and dumbledore doesn’t have much of any connections there.
I highly doubt the Hungarian Horntail is the most dangerous magical creature alive. It was described as an extremely aggressive dragon breed.
I’m just going to say this harry can’t be made heir just cause Sirius decided so. There is more to it then that this is a magical culture and the magic in ones blood plays a incredible role in it all. Unless you do some blood ritual that purges the potter blood mostly from his veins and replaces it with the black blood then he couldn’t be heir and magic would t recognize this decision.
alec2212 chapter 2 . 9/16
Can't get passed the Clone thing...
It makes no sense. I mean that would literally be one of the most powerful spell in the world. Not only do you create the body, but also intelligence and magic?
Yeah... No
Teufel1987 chapter 1 . 9/16
The sentence "he couldn't help but slam his fist so hard against the trunk of a tree it nearly broke" kind of sounds like Sirius nearly broke a tree by punching it. So, I would like to extend my sympathies to the innocent tree in this chapter that was subjected to such a shocking assault.

Also, who exactly said that Dumbledore was the one who cast the Fidelius Charm? That bit was never mentioned in the books at all. Dumbledore only suggested that they use the charm and OFFERED to be the Secret Keeper. That isn't the same as casting the charm, now is it? Considering that he didn't know in the books (and he has no reason to lie on that front) there is strong evidence to suggest that someone else cast that charm. Perhaps Lily, James or even Sirius.
I never really understood why people assume that Dumbledore was the caster. And if Sirius/James/Lily were so good at charms that they could easily modify the charm after it was cast to change the secret keeper without Dumbledore knowing, you'd think they'd have done the charm themselves in the first place!

Anyway, it was a pretty fairly written chapter.

Small note: Sirius was one of the few people who could actually say Voldemort's name without flinching or resorting to euphemisms like Dark Lord or He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
Superjew94 chapter 23 . 9/7
As much as I like your story and I realized I am late to the game I do have to comment that the situation with Neville feels entirely forced and unnatural
nXtellaand0reos chapter 35 . 8/30
I hardly ever review but I absolutely loved this! I'm not usually a huge fan of American Harry because writers tend to use it as and excuse to shove pop culture into the story, but you hit the balance just right! Congrats!
Santeegan chapter 3 . 8/27
oh lord Harry is channeling sasuke
MissWinter chapter 1 . 8/24
I usually read these on my phone and the app itself doesn't allow you to review but I enjoyed this enough that I booted up my computer to review. I've read many stories akin to this, but one of the things I really like that you've done is that you've not made Harry into a total god who effortlessly beats fully trained adults at the mere age of 13. Those around him are actually competent, his enemy is competent. Too many stories make everyone but Harry a blithering fool. I really liked that Wormtail actually put up a fight, even more so that it was in his typical cowardly fashion, it made sense.

I look forwards to continuing onto the next book!
NPGamer11 chapter 21 . 8/24
Man, that Silence of the Lambs reference was on point!
1,192 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »