Reviews for Phoenix Insurgent
rey29 chapter 12 . 1/4/2021
I have been binge reading your story so far. I must I am very interested to the direction this story will take. The premise is unique. I like your writing style, the character exposition also nice.
Few things bother me such as the justification of how Dumbledore acted and the decision to bring Grindelwald to the picture though as far as the story goes, those are still in line with the premise. One thing I feel overdone is probably the punishment for Malfoy. I was shocked as it feels like something very very out of ordinary for Dumbledore (even though with Grindelwald's influence there). I feel like the Malfoys are worth alive though it is good for the story and serves as breaking point for Wizarding Britain and for the continuing for the escalation of the war for the purpose of the story.
Really looking forward for your next chapter.
Rae chapter 2 . 11/26/2020
Really nice discussions on morality and power in this chapter
Rae chapter 1 . 11/26/2020
What a start! Great picture you have painted in the first chapter. Can't wait to read more
Analon chapter 3 . 11/26/2020
Great story so far!
Analon chapter 2 . 11/26/2020
This is good! Every once in a while, a fanfic comes which breaks the mould and breathes fresh air to the fandom. I'm glad I found one such story!
Dr. Snakes MD chapter 12 . 11/25/2020
Thanks for writing.
Gaz chapter 12 . 8/25/2020
This is so good, hope it’s not abandoned
gulaschsuppn chapter 2 . 7/25/2020
Firstly, I'd like to say how much I adored your first chapter. The rationalizations Dumbledore makes and his frustration with it all, and then of course it's last line. Those three glorious words. Exquisite.

For this chapter I just wanted to correct the german: it's größer not großer. The rest is in order.
Love, gulaschsuppn
Perseus46 chapter 12 . 7/23/2020
I love this story, Dumbledore is ruthless but fair, will he eventually go full on "For The Greater Good"? Let's find out.

Harry agreeing with Dumbledore is perfect too, I was really happy how Hermione and Ron join him. Also liked how you included Ginny as one of the others that he thinks has too train with them, at this point in canon Harry does think highly of her.
Perseus46 chapter 3 . 7/23/2020
This story zounds so fun and interesting. A fed up Dumbledore is great. I'm just wondering how his plans for Harry would change, he still has to die By Voldemort's hand.

And don't change canon pairings please.
Death in a Pink Boa chapter 12 . 7/22/2020
Well, this is really good.
Death in a Pink Boa chapter 1 . 7/22/2020
One chapter in, and oh! i like this
Nothingburger chapter 12 . 7/9/2020
Story doesn't make sense. Nothing so far is anything Dumbledore really needed grindelwald for. He could have started attacking death eaters, infiltrating the prophet, make inroads in the ministry etc all without him.

Only reason gellert is there is an excuse for Dumbledore to do more obv evil things to set up more drama with moody and the ministry. Because everything so far achieved could have been done easily by just dumbledore himself.
The Romulan Republic chapter 2 . 6/26/2020
While the premise of Dumbledore taking a more active and aggressive role in opposing the Ministry is interesting, and justified (the Ministry is a genocidal slave state), him doing it with a LITERAL NAZI like Grindlewald is problematic. Albeit it is amusing to see the reversal in chapter 2 of a ruthless Dumbledore and a repentant Grindlewald challenging him.

Moreover, I strongly object to Dumbledore's argument that people/countries "aren't ready for democracy". That idea, that narrative, that certain people are too primitive and backward to govern themselves and need a strong man to keep them in line until they're "ready", is used as a classic apologism for colonialism, slavery, aristocracy, etc. Of course, the "primitive" people who need to be ruled and guided with a strong hand will never actually be deemed ready by their rulers- the point is to justify their perpetual subjugation. And I know you probably didn't mean it as any of that, but that's the implication that argument has carried through much of human history.

In the real world, oppressive states like Wizarding Britain do not exist because their people are too primitive and backward for democracy. They exist because of the absence of democracy. They aren't oppressive because of the "tyranny of the majority" canard, but because an oppressive minority controls all the power. A revolutionary who truly wanted to fix the Wizarding World would demand equality for all its people- ie, true democracy. Saying that a people aren't ready for democracy has always been and will always be the narrative of the oppressor and the tyrant.
MattBlack chapter 4 . 6/18/2020
Kind of funny, he refused to be ordered by so called "terrorists", but is happily bribed by real ones.
327 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 .. Last Next »