Reviews for Phoenix Insurgent
Element's Sole Protector chapter 19 . 11/5/2023
Albus' gradual decline is done so well in this fanfic that it's both wonderful and painful to watch. It's easy to see how the honeyed words from the companions of his younger days, and from those who have always admired him and those who still believe in him, are clouding both the concern from his other allies and the general goodness and belief in choice and anti-determinism that drives his canon version.

I've always disliked the canon British Ministry, so it's easy to get hooked into the fervor of a world where they are defanged and dismantled and the entire world's Statute is brought down... but I also shudder to think who and what will be lost in the process.

Albus' pragmatism is intoxicating here—his information-sharing is great—but I do hope it doesn't cost him any more Arianas. Harry is uppermost in my mind the further down he sinks.
evymel chapter 5 . 11/3/2023
Ahahah a thats fantastic
evymel chapter 2 . 11/3/2023
Yep, I always wanted that, I also wanted to see dumbledore polyjuice,into a younger, lithe and limber body and get used to moving in a young body again, then when Voldemort baits harry with Sirius in the ministry I wanted dumbledore to polyjuice as harry and spring the trap, reverse Voldemort trap and crush his first impression as a catastrophic failure
Gracques is the best chapter 12 . 11/2/2023
Make Lupin reappear at some point.
isyhgia1993 chapter 19 . 10/29/2023
I feel like Voldemort will lose before the ministry becomes a major factor.
Even if Voldemort discovers the Horcrux hunt, what can he do? Maybe use the DoM time turners as they haven't yet been destroyed?
nilluminator chapter 19 . 10/29/2023
Feels like we're headed into the final stretch. Thanks for thr update, looking forward to the next. Gellert was missed. Albus must have wore him out, that sly dog.
The White Istari chapter 19 . 10/29/2023
Excellent chapter as ever. Your portrayal of Dumbledore as a powerful wizard who simply does not play by the rules of the average wizard is superb.
Gracques is the best chapter 19 . 10/29/2023
Excellent chapter and good update time! Hope you make the next update quick and make it about the vote.
nilluminator chapter 18 . 10/20/2023
Man, this chapter was a riot to read. Thank you for such a lengthy chapter.

You walk a fine line with Dumbledore, and what a fine line it is!

Adoring all the non-canon magicks that this fic is depicting. I love to see it.

Take care of yourself, looking forward to the coup.
Guest chapter 18 . 10/20/2023
Currently, Voldemort still doesn't know his Horcruxes were compromised. Also, he has no clue about the Deathly Hallows and what drew Albus and Gellert together in their youth. Voldemort is really losing the war. I was wondering whether Voldemort was willing to risk another disembodiment and take Albus plus Gellert head-on. Somewhere along the lines of Voldemort getting turned into a wraith again, and in exchange, he kills either Albus or Gellert. There is also the possibility of Voldemort activating his Horcruxes, creating another Tom Riddle to help him fight Albus and Gellert, similar to how the diary works.
Guest chapter 18 . 10/19/2023
This is Gracques is the best again, and I just wanna say what’s really great about this fanfic is it shows, in quite a realistic manner, how using the dark arts gradually corrupts a person’s good intentions, because by now, Albus has really become a tyrant, almost as much of one as Lord Voldemort, just he hasn’t yet realised it, which is another side effect of the dark arts: you don’t even realise how dark they’re making YOU go. A good real life aspect of this story is it also demonstrates the fact that most tyrants and bullies don’t even know how malicious they are, and often they start out with good intentions.
Guest chapter 18 . 10/16/2023
Also in the short term, a truce would benefit greatly for the Albus-Gellert coalition. Their main weakness is the recent fallout/disarray of Moody and other order members. I mean Voldemort's situation is pretty bleak, but probably not the best time for truce as he still has the upper hand in subterfuge.
Guest chapter 18 . 10/16/2023
I really don't understand why Dumbledore doesn't make an effort to really negotiate with Voldemort. Voldemort is basically admitting defeat here and probably wants to wait until either Grindelwald or Dumbledore is dead while giving Harry time to grow into magical maturity.
Both the first and the second deal Voldemort offered are definitely favorable for Dumbledore assuming Voldemort follows through. Dumbledore could probably demand an unbreakable vow and set a timeframe for the truce. Even if Voldemort bides his time for further death eater campaign (possibly abroad), he would have less headway than Dumbledore's campaign because he does not have international sway.
SPJaymo117 chapter 18 . 10/16/2023
Great update! Love the way you describe magic as Gellert and Albus feel/interpret it.
Gracques is the best chapter 18 . 10/15/2023
Great chapter and thanks for the quick update time - hope you update again quickly and I hope you follow my previous advice about the Dumbledores’ history with Gellert Grindelwald leaking.
327 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »