Reviews for Trickling Sands
LCAAS chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
Oh! Oh this was heartrendingly lovely, thank you
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
This was a beautiful story! Well done!
The Wayfaring Strangers chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
Oh. Oh. This is beautiful...
Finch chapter 1 . 5/8/2003
You capture the eerie atmosphere very well here, and the effect it must have had on Earendil. It *is* disconcerting to seek for help and find an entire city empty, but the silence can make your own thoughts reverberate all the more clearly inside your head - and so loud that you can't hear anything else for a while, even if it's there.

I'm also rather fond of the sentence "the soul of a child in the guise of a man". It probably took a man with the soul of a child to undertake this mission at all.
Cirdan chapter 1 . 5/7/2003
Very beautifully written. You did a great job of mixing the descriptions of Tirion with hints of Earendil's feelings. I think my favorite part was when he "understood the foolishness of Turgon." You've added beautifully to Tolkien's description, near invisible particles of dust in contrast to the diamond dust and the stagnant air which one wouldn't expect of the Blessed Realms. I liked the effect of him looking back once more too, much like the Noldor when they were leaving, and somehow it feels right that he should at first pay no heed to Eonwe's words. *pats Earendil* But I'm glad things will work out for him after the story's end because I felt so very sorry for him.
Maid of Ainur chapter 1 . 5/4/2003
I would say it is beautiful, if the word is not overused already. The despair of Earendil, 'shielding in his hands to hope of the world', was conveyed most movingly.

And Emptiness... emptiness.

*goes back to lurk contently*
Aria7 chapter 1 . 5/4/2003
That was very, very moving Chat Noir, very moving indeed, you capture the emptiness of Tirion and the despair? of Earendil just so well you can really just imagine it.

So once again I am truly blown away by your writing.

Bravo!

Toodles! (moves over to let the better reviewers in.)

_