Reviews for Little Moment: The Sorceress And The Knight
Tactical Ochoa chapter 3 . 7/7/2019
That was one hell of an intense chapter. The Liar is by far one of the most terrifying villains I've seen in the Ben 10 universe alongside the likes of other villains such as Z'Skayr and Kevin. For even the strongest of warriors to break in the presence of this creature was what made the danger of the situation feel even more real. It was terrifying for the Squire (now Knight) to have to fight this thing off all by himself but also very much satisfying when he won.

The setting of this story really intrigues me. It's certainly fantasy based but it also felt surprisingly futuristic to me somehow. I like that. It's unique. The way that the power level of magic is measured really helps to expand it out more and add more depth to it. It makes me think back to chapter 9 of Little Moments Rebooted when Gwen's magic went haywire and the aura color changed from blue to violet.

The meeting after the battle against The Liar really shows off the more political side of Atlantis. It really shows why so many people in Below rebel against Atlantis. How arrogant and ignorant the people ruling Atlantis are when trying to resolve these situations. It's no wonder why the war happened in the first place.

Then there's the segment with Bezel. You did a really good job showing how despite the differences between Bezel and the Knight, there's a lot about these two characters that parallels each other. It really expands out Bezel as a character. It really makes me like this version of Bezel even more than before. This is just very much a far better version of this very character than what Omniverse showed off. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this story come out. I'm very much hooked to this story alongside Little Moments Rebooted.
shadows59 chapter 3 . 7/7/2019
Every chapter makes me love the Squire and Bezel more. The strength of them, of how they deal with the roles that they're trapped in considering how young they are, they're just amazing.

And the way that you've dug into the magic of the Ben 10 universe, how it works and what the colors mean. This is the stuff that should have been in canon, and it's the depth that the show lost when they decided that everything is just aliens. I love how the colors that the magic takes shows just how strong the caster is.

But the Liar... You've made her into a monster that deserves her own horror movie and the best that ILM has to offer just to show her real form. She is just terrifying, and it would be so easy for me to say that she dominates the chapter until the very end, when the character of Bezel shines through. This whole chapter was a roller coaster of emotion in all the best ways and I can't wait for the next!
Transfigurator chapter 2 . 7/4/2019
I've read comments for this, and am I the only one, who gets a Zelda vibes from this?

I refer to the very first incarnation, where goddes Hylia and unnamed Hero according to Hylia's wish, have been reaincarnated into mortals, again and again to meet and fall in love again and again.

It didn't went exactly as she hoped, what with Demise haunting them with his own incarnations every cycle and other catastrophes...

Here, we have the princess Bezel and unnamed boy, with strange similiarity to Gwen and Ben. Someone suggested that they may be ancestors, but I would be leaning more towards the theory, that Ben and Gwen are reincarnations of those two.

Funny fact - In Japan it's often believed that star-crossed lovers are reborn as siblings. To always be close, but never together. It would strangely fit with Ben and Gwen, as they are said to be more like siblings than cousins, and the tragical aspect of their love is even more noticable in Stone in the River and it's sequel. That creates pretty nice web of references, intentional or not.

Oh speaking of time travels and future versions...

There is an interesting fic called How It Ends. I adivise you to check it for some more perspective into Ben's head. Or if not, I WILL SPOIL IT BELOW.

Ben uses and Eye Guy ability to glimpse into the future, and he sees two versions of it. One where he is married to Julie and as a Hero of Heroes he became a President of Earth, bringing in a new era of peace. Kevin is now a hero and his good friend and married to Gwen. However, Been seems unhappy with something.

Ben eventually realizes he loves Gwen and Eye Guy shows him a different version of future, where they DO get together.
Without Gwen being his anchor to sanity, Kevin eventually goes insane and becomes the mutant Kevin 11000. Ben manages to stop him and arrest him, but not before Kevin causes huge collateral damage and kills 52 people. Ben is now with Gwen, but the price of this happiness was lost chance for Kevin's redemption and multiple life loss.

The ultimate choice that Ben would made is unanswered, but him being a hero first and foremost... We can guess.

Just in case you needed some more fuel for angsty love between cousins XD

With that out of the way, I very much like the worldbuilding, you're doing here almost from scratch. Characters are interesting and it's just two chapters and I'm already invested in their fates and of course, they don't look bright. This shouldn't amuse but somehow it gives me this exasperaqted smile, knowing that this is your particular brand of gut punching, at its still done so masterfully that its a pleasure to read. I hope to see more from this universe soon.
waymaker34 chapter 1 . 7/2/2019
lovely, just lovely amazing beautiful omg I'm in love
AZalmega chapter 2 . 7/2/2019
This is a banger of a chapter. I wish you could've taken more time on the world building. Could've used it. Otherwise, great characters.
Hate Eater chapter 2 . 6/30/2019
So I'm sorta obssesed with this story now, don't even matter it's a Little moments link, I'm far too invested in the original plot and how it'll develope.

I know shit will end awful for everybody involved, and that's a gut punch that will feel fresh when shit does goes down.
Tactical Ochoa chapter 2 . 6/29/2019
Well, looks like Christmas came a little earlier than I expected. Lol.

Anyways, I'm liking how this story is turning out so far. You can really sympathize and connect with both Bezel and the boy due to everything that they both went through. Really understand why the boy made the very choices and actions that he took. Your action scenes continue to be really good as well. It had a good amount of tension and was written in such a good way to show its significant impact on the characters. I'm looking forward to seeing more of what's to offer with this story.
Hate Eater chapter 1 . 6/29/2019
Ahh so.. eternally meant to be close, even if time tears them apart? Hopeless romantic, then again, i'm eating this with a spoon as well.
AZalmega chapter 1 . 6/28/2019
I'm hyped. My mana is hyped. I'm about to transform into WayBig and march straight to your home demanding another chapter! Of course, that is if I have the Omnytrix
Kemsin chapter 1 . 6/27/2019
Bezel being a woman who's achievements would be later be skewed into being remembered as male. That's a rather interesting take on the Ben 10 lore and a much more nuanced approach than what we got in canon. While I enjoy the Ben 10 franchise a lot, I never really liked the world building, especially in the sequal series which felt more haphazardly stapled onto each other rather than a smooth transition into each other. At any rate, I'm excited to see what you write about next.
Tactical Ochoa chapter 1 . 6/27/2019
Green eyes and fire-like red hair? Even before I started reading this, I had this gut feeling that Bezel is connected to Ben and Gwen. That description of Bezel, and the dark-haired boy, just feels way too convenient to be chalked up as convenient. Is Bezel, and possibly that boy, really Ben and Gwen's ancestors? Come to think of it, that would explain a lot about Gwen's magic and I'm assuming her eventually recreating the Charms of Bezel.

Whether or not that's the case though, you're already providing a much better and more interesting and unique version of Bezel than the official version that we got in Omniverse (shivers). I'm looking forward to seeing more of what you have to offer with this story and these characters.
shadows59 chapter 1 . 6/27/2019
I've been hoping that you would pick up this story ever since you hinted at it in 'A Stone in the River'

You've done so much with Gwendolyn and Max. You brought out everything that the show only hinted at. It's a thrill to finally meet the real Bezel. We've talked about her before and how she ties into the Little Moments universe, but it's s much better to meet her like this. I can't wait to read the rest fo her story.
72 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5