Reviews for Will It Make You Happy?
Guest chapter 1 . 10/6/2019
I agree with the person below me. You should make another Chucky story dedicated to the 2019 reboot.

I just got done with watching the film. I had my doubts but it turned out to be enjoyable. I was so mad at Chucky’s fate. He was so misunderstood and I felt like Andy didn’t get that the doll’s only intentions were to make him happy. But of course Chucky had to be put down. He was destructive. Misunderstood but destructive. Please write more of this! :)
FireWolf12222 chapter 1 . 7/31/2019
A good quality narrative right here. Now, at this time I have not seen the movie personally, but when I do I know it will be very enjoyable watch, just like this was to read. I emphasis that last part because even though I mentioned before that as of yet I have not seen the movie, I cannot say that I am not guilty of spoiling it for myself by watching the clips that someone managed to get by using a camera in the theaters. Anyway, when viewing those clips, specifically the movies official ending, it got me thinking critically about it. Which means that by later reading this, and with further watching of those few clips, it grows on me even more by the minute.

If there is one legitimate flaw, or criticism that can be brought up concerning this remake about Child's play it would have to be its ending, or at least a certain amount it. Based on what was displayed on screen, it feels safe to state that this ending was most likely forced based on what I think was time restraint. The people behind the movie probably did not have enough time to really think everything they could have by the end because they needed to have a finished product. In that case, there you will have things that appear as they were not fully developed. Speaking of which: this flick's ending. Not saying that it was horrible by any stretch, it certainly was entertaining, but in the end there could have been so much more added in to make it more fulfilling and conclusive. Because based on what we know about the legal issues going on with this movie and the original series that is still going, there could not really be much of anything to branch off of. So, possibly there will not be a franchise.

With that being said, it leads back to my original point as well as my praise. Your take on how the movie should have ended is actually better than what we saw on film at least in terms of both the end of Chucky, and the end to his relationship with Andy for good. Having Chucky do this goes with the intent of the writers which played out through the entire film. All he would ever want is to make Andy happy and when it comes right down to it, that is what he is still trying to do. In his twisted mind, (which, keep in mind was warped in the wrong direction due to the carelessness of the other characters), the only way that he can truly make his best buddy happy is to quite literally erase all the things he deemed a threat to that goal. By eliminating every threat, he thinks that he will finally get his chance to please Andy. But, what is the unfortunate irony of this is that this is not what Andy wants and if Chucky were to have possibly succeed in his quest then it would only drive the two much further apart. And yet, it is still not completely Chucky's fault because again, his perception on what makes Andy happy was violence based on the things that he was exploited to and then learned from. And that is another thing people don't get about artificial intelligence; it is a very dangerous concept in the terms we associate to learning. Sure, having a doll become evil just by having someone make it that way sounds dumb and boring on paper but that is what is so great about it. Safety protocols are a critical thing to include on an AI. Since and AI is a leaning machine in some cases it would be wise to have these things installed so that nothing like we saw on film were to occur for real. I don't people see or fully realize how dangerous AI really is. Personally, I think that because this was a remake based on a classic, then that means they have to treat it as a joke. Which I think is really stupid.

That is why I like the movie personally, because of the dark irony of it.

Now, to conclude I want to say that this actually made me tear up. This new version is more worth while in my opinion then the original series. Not trying to bash the original series, but I just like this more.

I hope you make more based on the remake because right about now you are the only one to have really publish a written piece about it. My only minor complaint is that I wish they were a little longer, but that is only because they were so enjoyable to read. Thank you again for making this.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/10/2019
Somehow, this one is even sadder! :'(
Poor Chucky, he's just a lil ball of love for Andy.
PotCFan101 chapter 1 . 7/7/2019
Wow. I thought that Chucky was going to commit suicide when he stared at the knife, but this was actually sadder.
fallon chapter 1 . 7/5/2019
YES! someone FINALLY made fanfic for the remake! make more!
ApocalypseGabriel chapter 1 . 7/4/2019
Damn. I had hoped to write the first 2019 fic but I took too long haha. It’s a lengthy process. Anywho, this was nice :) I think this would have given the movie much more emotional impact if it had been the ending. Chucky was done wrong. He was very human, and it seemed like Andy discarded him so easily. I think I found Chucky more relatable in this movie than Andy to be honest. But he definitely had to die after what he did.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/3/2019
Ah, this alternative ending made me want to sob... Good job.
walrider87 chapter 1 . 6/30/2019
hehehehehe Are we having Fun now?
Invader Johnny chapter 1 . 6/30/2019
Ok wow, all I can say is that this was a bittersweet ending because in the end of it all deep down under all that murderous toy, there was some humanity in Chucky after all.

Invader Johnny Signing Off.