Reviews for For Want of a Nail
birgitdante chapter 1 . 2/6
First chapter read. I think i am going to enjoy this story!
abandoned no longer posting chapter 44 . 1/31
I love your stories
Zombietooth chapter 28 . 11/16/2020
I love your story and Ive been binge reading it since my country went into another lockdown 2 days ago.

I just really wanted to comment on this misunderstanding concerning eggs and animals that hatch from eggs. While of course in fantasy you can argue that dragon females could maybe lay fertilised eggs all on their own (without a male dragon).
But at least in reality, while there are some birds (like chicken) where the females lay eggs regularily even without a male, those eggs would not be fertilised and therefore never hatch at all. Only if the hen has a rooster to fertilize the eggs could there ever be chicks. I just really wanted to explain this since this is apparently a common misconception.
AlyssaOtaku69 chapter 22 . 10/29/2020
He's so fucking stupid. I'm sorry but that is rather irritating. He could have never mind. It's done there is nothing he can do now about it.
AlyssaOtaku69 chapter 9 . 10/28/2020
The threat at the end from Leon had goosebumps going up my spine.
Pointeofdance chapter 44 . 10/2/2020
I don’t tend to read Merthur stories (cause they mostly tend to focus on romance instead of plot, not anything else), but yours seemed to have a really good story line so I gave it a try and I’m so glad I did! I loved the way you tweaked the canon so that nothing was what I was expecting. Your OCs were great and personable and not overbearing at all. I loved every single relationship you wrote. What a wonderful story!
lkdaswani chapter 44 . 9/25/2020
This fic filled my heart with joy and by the end of it I felt like I was there flying with Aithusa. This fulfilled all of my cravings for what the show itself could not fill.
So so content after reading this.
Ariana Deralte chapter 44 . 8/24/2020
This was really sweet. Thanks for the adventure. It was a really interesting take to make Merlin Leon's younger brother.
XanaduHawk chapter 24 . 7/3/2020
This chapter was so beautiful and sad.
XanaduHawk chapter 20 . 7/3/2020
Okay, Dara is super cool.
karameiwaku chapter 44 . 3/4/2020
A fantastic conclusion to an outstanding story. Thank you for this lovely au.
Luna chapter 44 . 2/26/2020
Thank you so much for this story. It's as close to perfect as anything can be.
mersan123 chapter 44 . 2/21/2020
I almost cried. The final chapter. I still may cry. I will miss this story so very much. Every chapter has been like a gift. Your version of Merlin (in particular) and Arthur - plus the rest of the gang - is a favourite. Such a relief to see Merlin as a strong and confident young man and one that finally receives a love he deserves.
Beautiful story. Beautifully written. Loved the new characters (ie Dara). Loved how you juggled the original plot and characters to be your own.
I will return to re-read this one many times I can promise.
Thank you again. I will miss this tale.
maraudergurl2010 chapter 44 . 2/21/2020
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE.

Tears. Happy tears. *sigh*

You slay me, bro. I have just so dearly loved every bit of this story from start to finish. Every bit of characterization and love and adventure and spectacle was just so awesome. Plot and conflict and tension were masterfully laid out. Merthur was adorable. Bellegere was a badass boss bitch of a gurl. Morgana was cool. Leon was a literal bro. I felt mad urges to squish Mordred's face. Hunith and Arthur being a perfect mother-son duo is all I need in life. The BAMF was BAMF-y, the sweet was honey, the sad was and the end was everything and too soon and finally here at last. *happysigh* What am I supposed to do now?

I suppose it would be both ungrateful and dickish to be all, "soooooo, sequel?" in some Oliver Twist-y "please-can-I-have-some-more" kind of way. But I mean...I won't not ask it. :P

(part of me was very tempted to also be a prat and simply say "Cool story bro, needs more dragons". But I also had to tell you how much I love everything, so that went out the window. But know the smartass intention was there :P)

Thank you for your beautifully written story, well-honed voice and tone and style, just for sharing your brilliance with us undeserving worms. :P It was pure joy and blessing. I hope you will have more stories to come that you are willing to share. Much gratitude.
gaylelbf chapter 44 . 2/20/2020