Reviews for The Bright Lit Side of Madness
WolfDarkfur chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
I love how the madness is described as an actual person, also how everyone suffers from it. Strange but good.
Intelligensia chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
I've just gone through and read all your stories.

I cried.

A lot.

Sometimes I laughed.

Rarely.

They are hard to describe.

Touching

Keep writing, please.

Iza

PS. I particularly like Menagerie
baobabs chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Wooow. Dark. Very original. You described everything so perfectly, with so much detail, that it seemed real. Dark Harry actually creeped me out, and the greatest praise I can give is the Nobel Prize for fanfiction.
Celestial Moonwalker chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
How horrible. So depressing.

It's so emotionally powerful it leaves me breathless
GoldenTresses91 chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
Wow. I mean... wow. That was so powerful that you just might have left me speechless. The raw feeling that went into it is palpable. I felt like I was Harry, but also outside of Harry, experiencing it all. I just can't rightly explain it. But this was good. Very, very good. You have an extraordinary talent. Please, don't let it go to waste...

X Ever Yours, Lauren Nicole, authoress
Madame Minuit12 chapter 1 . 4/11/2009
that's horrible :(

i mean the story not your writing style

that is absolutly depressing but very good

*tremble*

Madame Minuit12
Q Jenny chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
My God. This is magnificent. I love it, I really do. So original and extremely well written! It's positively genius, this work is! Great piece. I especially like how you characterized and displayed Harry's madness. Absolutely brilliant! Now I can't wait to go and read your other work. Great job!

Gwin
Scrib chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
God that is so scary and so creepy...beautiful!
ifisher chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
That was a brillinat piece of writing, horribly chilling but brillinat. My favourite line was

'For he could hear the madness giggling in his mind, feel the terrible magic struggling within him, and he knew he could never be free again.' It made me shiver.

Well done.
Banner chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
How can a story so horrifyingly frightening be so deeply satisfying? Very well done.

This one goes in my favorites.
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 1 . 10/11/2006
I think you may not be getting the reviews you deserve because people are speechless.

I know I am. Words like "deep" and "profound" and "visceral" and "realistic" and "plausible" - well , they just mock this powerhouse, and I feel silly saying them. I just want to make the effort because you deserve to know what a masterpiece - and that word mocks me too - you've created.

"Sitting cross-legged at the entrance to the cave that is his home, he watches the rain splatter down onto the ground in the afternoon gloom, dripping drearily from the thick canopy. A bird - maybe a bird - calls desultorily in the near distance, the only sound other than the dull patter of water on dead leaves. The smell of wet, rotting leaves permeates the heavy air, but he ignores it, staring out at the trees standing ghost-grey in the drizzle."

Trying to be specific. Splatter. The alliteration in 'dripping drearily.' The catching yourself "maybe a bird" with the dashes. The "desultorily" the "near distance", the "dull" patter of water on "dead" leaves - how wonderfully you transform the rain, from a bringer of life into a bringer of decay "wet, rotting leaves". Love the "ghost-grey" in the drizzle.

Oh! "Dark Mark", not "Death Mark." Glad this can be of use.

You... see, this is the problem with reading stuff this powerful, one just sits there, in the immortal words of user Leviathan09, with one's gawp hanging open and one's thumbs up one's arse. You wish you could says something to do this piece justice, but ultimately you have to hope the author will undersatnad.
Catti666 chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
Woa, that was incredible good story! Beyong the the good actually, brilliant! Angsty and sad, but that was only making it better! I'm happy I decided to check out your old stories.
limonade chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
wow... after reading that... I feel like I'M going mad too... it was, again, brilliant.
duj chapter 1 . 1/5/2005
What good is victory when the price is so high? Maybe not much but it's still better than defeat.
LesserKnown chapter 1 . 7/8/2004
Side note: I love you. You are awesome.

Ok, back to the review: I love you. You are awesome.

Kudos!