Reviews for Confessions of a Sharp Glance
Fortune Zyne chapter 7 . 4/3/2013
This was a great story! Well done!
Lady M chapter 5 . 6/25/2007
I love Tuor, but it's always fun to read about him from Maeglin's point of view. Way to go!
wellduh chapter 5 . 7/16/2004
Tuor is the classic hero, isn't he? And he's a great hero, but you've written him just right and you end up finding the hero endlessly irritating. Well done, really. Love this.
LarienElengasse chapter 7 . 6/10/2004
This was brilliant! Absolutely amazing, enthralling, and brilliant! Your insight into Maeglin was beautifully crafted, and the ending! Feanor! Who could understand Maeglin better? I cannot convey enough what a joy this story has been to read. Well done, well done indeed.
Nelja chapter 7 . 3/24/2004
Yeah, it was very very good!
I would have like to see
- Maeglin in battle, when he was almost good
and
- His death
But it's a confession, so it is natural we don't have the bits on his life when he does nothing dark.
I love the idea of reciprocate confessions, at the end. Could you write one day Feanor's confession? (I don't think so, but I can still try)
I love how you see the "sharp glance" power.
And I love the general expression of your fic, and the ideas of each of the chapters, each really adding to Tolkien's work.
Even the tiny details - like Melkor having spiders slaves for revenge against Ungolint - were cool.
Nelja chapter 1 . 3/23/2004
I like the beginning a lot.
Congratulations.
ElvenSoul chapter 7 . 1/12/2004
This is absolutely superb! It is so beautifully written and you can almost feel the intensity of Maeglin's feelings. It's BRILLIANT! I'm so impressed, it's got to be one of the most well written stories I've ever read. You have captured it very, very nicely (...for the lack of a better word LOL).
I've seen fics portraying him as evil, but here...you feel sorry for him. I did the first time I read the chapter in the Silmarillion... You are such a talented writer; I enjoyed this very much.
_
E-S
Tindomiel chapter 5 . 1/4/2004
God, you are such a great writer, i can't describe how good this was. Maeglin, everything about him is just so. . .direct.
Sothis Simbelmyne chapter 1 . 1/1/2004
I loved this. Am sure that saw it somewhere around.
Anyways I liked the way Idril does not understand his love. And also the scene between Tuor and Maeglin. The piece of foresight was written rather well, I must say.
Maeglin: Kill me!
*dies*
As I once said, Maeglin was my first muse.
jilian baade chapter 7 . 12/31/2003
I was right! I guessed it would be Feanor. Fitting, they are kin and they both have dreadful dark secrets in their souls, they are both gifted smiths. I imagine they'd be good friends, actually. Will you continue, and write Feanor's confessions?
jilian baade chapter 6 . 12/31/2003
At least he's smart enough to know that he'll get no reward from his treachery.
jilian baade chapter 5 . 12/31/2003
Ugh, I don't know what to say except that this chapter is so typically Maeglin. Tuor is just perfect too, as he says.
jilian baade chapter 4 . 12/31/2003
He was cursed Maeglin, by his father in both words and the inheritance of parts of his tainted soul, and by the Valar as his Noldorin mother's son. He really didn't have a chance and yes, Idril's right, willingly or not he poisoned everything.
jilian baade chapter 3 . 12/31/2003
I can see why he did have Eol killed, his dearly loved mother had just died in a horrible manner and he blamed his father. Turgon's discription is lovely, but he should never have thrown his decision on Maeglin's young shoulders.
jilian baade chapter 2 . 12/31/2003
Didn't really have a chance, Maeglin, did he? I do believe his story of being pushed by an invisible force.