Reviews for Compass of thy Soul
EdwardGrave chapter 1 . 12/21/2019
hi, sorry but i think in am update the format ate parts of the story in this chapter, right before the line divisions
Marquise de Nile chapter 13 . 12/18/2019
I love this story. The worldbuilding and character-building was absolutely astounding, more that you wrote about Uchiha clan's daily life with such aplomb and in such great detail yet it was so compelling that I couldn't stop reading! I personally enjoyed that Kita remembering her past life wasn't a big deal to her which is different and refreshing in this type of story. She totally immersed herself in her current life and her unusual circumstances made an impact in a big but subtle way with her developing the seals and so changing Uchiha clan's prosperity (and getting engaged to Madara). Kita's strong, calm, steady and cunning character was a joy to read about. She's a good match for Madara. I enjoyed Madara as well, he seemed brighter to me and I liked to see him portrayed as a responsible and competent leader for the Uchiha :) Btw, I like Tobirama in this story as well, which is a great and new ting for me, as I don't like him in canon. But the way he's here, intelligent, considerate and willing to see past his own prejudice and look at the facts won me over.

I love this story's vibe of life going on. The Uchiha clan you wrote is so well-formed and interesting, with their own culture, history, organization, beliefs, it's a truly fascinating read. The non-violent applications of chakra were interesting to me as an aspect I didn't seriously consider before in Naruto-verse. Also, Hashirama's narration in manga painted a picture of constant warfare for centuries on both sides, which is not feasible, so this fic gives a more grounded and realistic take on how life looked like for ninja before Konoha's founding.

Thanks for writing this story! I had a great time reading :)
kalmaegi chapter 13 . 12/17/2019
Love Izuna despairing over the clan's stupidity when it comes to hierarchy and wow, everything makes sense now as to why the Senju had dwindled down to one back in canon. A very nice outsider's perspective.

Its cute to see him bond with the kids tho.

Izuna being so relieved his dearest sister-in-law's marriage with his brother Madara is not like Hashirama and Mito. Me too, buddy.
kalmaegi chapter 12 . 12/17/2019
I've been laughing my ass off because Izuna's reaction to Tobirama getting his own coat is exactly how I interpreted it lmao (ignoring the complicated bad blood, Hashirama style *wince*).

Poor Tobi so confused by goodwill that he's out of his wits end trying to reciprocate.

Glad Izuna has gotten around thoughts of peace and not just survival. Just as Tobirama getting his world views shifted after being exposed to the cultural dissonance between their clans. I find it fascinating that having those two rivals interact with the other's older brother.
Badgedbadger chapter 10 . 12/11/2019
Something's funky here. Does Tobirama... somehow not realize that people die when he kills them? "Where are the adults?" Even Kita woulda snapped at him if he asked that out loud.

Senju healing too strong? But surely people still get killed, and if the Senju are smaller the lack of adults should be somewhat comparable...

I suppose the relatively vulnerable adults die on both sides, but the Uchiha who are more skilled at combat accumulate dings that the Senju don't?

I'm a bit flabbergasted, still. Where are the adults, my ass.

Amazing story, by the way.
RememberMe-soon chapter 13 . 12/9/2019
This! I didn't know how much I needed this perspective change on a well established clan. It makes canon Madara and his clan's choices make so much more sense. All it took was one really bad day to set Madara into desperation to save what was left of his clan and followed heaps of good ideas(in theory) from Hashirama/Tobirama that would unknowingly swing in jusr their favor. In canon they had great ideas but their long term scope of peace was flawed so they managed to only create a larger scale of war instead of true peace.
Guest chapter 10 . 12/5/2019
How to see more and that Hashirama gets the reality check he needs
Guest chapter 12 . 12/5/2019
This slow paced but well worth it!
Guest chapter 7 . 12/5/2019
Have I told you how much I like this fAnfiction OMG it’s brilliant!
Guest chapter 5 . 12/5/2019
I am amazed at how well this is set up its realistic but fits perfectly with the naruto world how you mix the cultures represented in the show and just wow
Guest chapter 3 . 12/5/2019
I’m loving this story so far
absinthespoon chapter 13 . 11/30/2019
what an absolutely lovely story. so lovely.
Aetherium21 chapter 2 . 11/21/2019
You must have put a huge amount of time into learning the details of fashion in this story, much respect for your patience
Llyrica chapter 13 . 11/20/2019
I need to wake up in two hours, but this story is so awesome that I have no regrets.
In canon I wasn’t really a fan of Madara at all. In this I love how you’ve fleshed out all the characters and world building. Also definite kudos for all the effort that went into details on clothing and formalities and clan structure. HUGE kudos for how you portray the opposing sides without excessive bashing. I don’t think any review I write could do this fic Justice. Thank you so much for writing and sharing. :D
laelruin chapter 13 . 11/19/2019
This has been so much fun to read! I'd love to see how Hashirama deals with the knowledge of exactly what he's done and how the Akamichi treaty meeting goes! One of my all time favorite stories now. ;)
L