Reviews for Compass of thy Soul
Whysys chapter 13 . 6/5/2021
Gosh, totally incredible. So enamoured with your world I really struggled to put my phone down after chapter 2 to go to sleep and picked it up as soon as I woke up.
I loved growing with the characters and experiencing the cultures. I almost cried when Kita's dad's death scene was fully explained and realised. I really felt that moment of civilian realisation. Beautifully done! Will have to come back later for the sequel or I'll get nothing done. Thank you
ace.cierra chapter 1 . 6/2/2021
Fun fact: Kita means us in Malay language.
sonorous-cicada chapter 13 . 5/20/2021
I've read this story several times already and hope to have many happy returns. it's one of my ultimate favorites! thank you for sharing.
SaltedChips chapter 13 . 4/14/2021
Noooo I so happy for a sequel but at the same time not. I promised myself that after finishing this fic that I would go back and finish the school work I have neglected because I am so hocked with this story.
I love your stories to much to not binge read them
LuvRosie chapter 12 . 4/10/2021
Omg, I love this its the best Uchiha oc story I have ever read.
GreatT'Phon1of4 chapter 13 . 4/8/2021
Best fix-it ever.
Falconfighter1427 chapter 13 . 3/25/2021
Please continue this story
infinite eternity chapter 13 . 3/10/2021
This fic was just so amazing. I need to organize my thoughts, hold on.

1. The WORLDBUILDING?! I swear, you're a god at it. It's so clear that you know so much about Japanese traditions and you actually *know* it instead of randomly taking cool-sounding tidbits from the internet, or at least you deliver the information so confidently and smoothly that you sound like you do. It is utterly fascinating to see the world you've created around the Uchiha and Senju clans: the interclan relationships and the trade economics and the politicking, all of it. The finicky situations and the maneuvering and the formality, all of it so interesting, how did this come out of your brain? All the details and consistency and differences between clans make the story seem very grounded, very real. I loved seeing the differences between the Uchiha and Senju traditional ways.

2. This kind of goes under worldbuilding but THE SILK! Everything about it! I've learned so much about silk and weaving and embroidery. It seems like it *should* be boring, since you talk about it so much, but it's really not! It's super super interesting, and again I'm in awe at how much you know about it. It's like an expert coat-maker actually wrote this fic :P

3. Kita :D I really really like her as a character. At some points I was like "wow she's really good" (lol reference) but she never seemed like a Mary Sue despite her many talents and terrifying ability to be productive all the goddamn time. Oh, you know, she feels different from other SI-OC's because she's not really like *us*. Obviously she's a person like us and so she's relatable, but she's not quite *like* an actual person from the real world. I don't know how to explain it. Anyway it's really cool how she has some memories/knowledge from her previous life, but they're not hers and yet they're hers at the same time. It's really like she did get reincarnated, instead of just inserted into a new body. I was hoping for that to be more relevant, but I guess I'll have to see in the sequel!

4. The writing. Of course I can't leave a review without talking about your actual writing! Your prose is really engaging and smooth to read, and during action scenes, for example, it felt just as energetic as the situation, and in dramatic moments the sentences really carried that weight. Hmmm. Hopefully you get what I mean.

5. The plot, gasp! From the betrothal to the daimyo palace visits to the peace-making, everything was gripping and I was hooked on every turn. Even when things weren't super action-packed or intense, I still was eager to know what was going to happen next. The progression of the plot felt really reasonable and natural without being predictable. Even the relatively uneventful beginning when Kita was just feeding quails and secretly sewing seals into clothing, it was never boring to read. I really liked every chapter and every scene, but my favorite part was the peace-making bits, especially the hostage switch. I have a soft spot for Tobirama largely due to a fic I read where Tobi is trying to secretly revive Izuna (who's in a coma though everyone else thinks he's dead) while everyone is manipulated into slowly turning against him. Wait this deserves its own little number point

6. It was really entertaining (can't think of a better word for it other than interesting, which I feel like I've already used to death) to see Tobirama interact with the Senju and learn more about them. The parts where he realized the harm he and Hashirama inflicted on the Senju were really gutting. I appreciate the hints/foreshadowing you gave us in earlier chapters about the truth of why Hashirama insisted on slowly killing the Uchiha warriors and why they attacked Uchiha civilians. Tobirama and the kids, so sweet! The kiln and water stuff was cool too.

7. I really really really (there's another word I've beaten to death in this review) love this fic, and I am so grateful that you've shared it with us. I can't imagine the amount of time, effort, and dedication it must have taken you to craft such a beautiful, richly detailed, and well-written story, when I managed to finish reading it in like two days! I am of course delighted that there is a sequel, and I will be rushing to read it posthaste.

8. This review is long, but know that I haven't managed to fit all of the things I love about CotS into it. Mostly because I'm too eager to read the sequel to continue listing all the details and specific events I enjoyed. Haha. Anyway, thank you so so much for writing!
bukopi chapter 13 . 2/17/2021
you're seriously talented! i am definitely gonna reread this.
bukopi chapter 1 . 2/14/2021
wow! what a chapter! for a minute there i forgot that i'm still reading the first chapter. this is only the first chapter but i really admire your writing!
readwritemm chapter 13 . 2/2/2021
Haha this is such a great story! I love Kita and I enjoyed seeing her develop and grow. Thanks so much for writing!
musa333 chapter 13 . 1/18/2021
WOW! thank you for sharing your amazing story.
Nellas O'Wims chapter 1 . 1/9/2021
Holy shit that did not feel like one chapter. It’s started off absolutely brilliant!
KannaKyomu chapter 13 . 12/24/2020
Wow. I can't even imagine the amount of research and preparation you had to do writing this. The thought is staggering and honestly ive never read anything like this before at all. I came here because I am familiar with your earlier, Inuyasha works but I really am amazed by the progress your writing style and ability has grown to over the years. Thank you so much for all of your immense amounts of hard work with this story. This is hands down one of my favorite OC Naruto fics now.
Nad19 chapter 3 . 12/20/2020
this is very good, i won't be surprised if you actually can write a traditional original piece. although a bit more slice of life, so people who expect action might got bored. well until this chapter though, no idea about the next. thanks!
1,283 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »