Reviews for Going, Going, Gone
Larner chapter 12 . 11/8/2004
This is the first time I've read this. Very interesting, and quite an AU. Thanks. Quite a contrast to my own vision of the metamorphosis!
Frodo Silverlune chapter 12 . 12/5/2003
This is a good story! I like it! It's very unique and different, angsty yet with a happy ending. Very good idea. i like the ending
jodancingtree chapter 12 . 8/4/2003
Well, I went to check out Tom and Goldberry, as you suggested - a fine job you did of them! But while I was at it I read the whole thing again... I DO like this story!
HoshikoIzumi chapter 12 . 6/1/2003
Hehe... wonderful ending... Pippin's the man- err... the hobbit. lolz, it was wonderful, and a story I could actually finish

YAY! WAHAHAHAHA! mk, going now, bai bai!

~*~Hoshiko
TxQueen chapter 12 . 5/19/2003
Well *blush blush* I must say *blush blush* I love a happy ending. Great writing, I look forward to your next adventure.
Tina chapter 12 . 5/18/2003
I leave for a week and you finish it while I'm gone. It was nice getting to read 8 chapters all at once. I must say I really loved this story. Very interesting premise and beautifully handled. Everyone is pretty much in character, loved Tom Bombadil's rhymes and the humor. It was a delightful read and the most canon AU I've ever read. Look forward to reading your future works and I'll go take a peek at the ones you're already started.
VercisIsolde chapter 12 . 5/18/2003
Finally read this through, and you know what? It will foreer be saved in my mind as my fav. alternate ending! I never liked that Frodo went away to the Havens and that he had no other choice. I got really depressed reading the end of ROTK. Um, at first I thought the disappearing thing was a bit strange, but it does fit with what Tolkien says in the book. As someone commented on earlier, it's nice to see Pippin between the end of the quest and the time that you usually write about him. The ending is v. cute, and I'm so relieved that Frodo's alright!

Luv

~VI~
Guest chapter 12 . 5/17/2003
I'm actually going to try to critique this! There were so many things to love; I especially liked the way that Frodo's invisibility came about. The serious convos in the problem stage of this really added another layer to the angst. However, I feel like this story in some ways lacked a climax. The part where we thought Frodo was going to die seemed short and sudden and not very tense. But, I think that you pulled the angst/humor off very well. Frodo definately would have tried to dissuade Sam and Rosie of his problems being too serious; I noticed that in the beginning. Over all, it felt very AU-ish; A good and bad thing. I realize that this wasn't really meant to be a part of Lord of the Rings, but meant to more be based on it in order to allow the fanfiction author freedom in her creativity. A very, very enjoyable read. I certainly plan on reading all of your other stories! You are one of my favorite authors! Please don't take these comments as flames; they are meant to be helpful to your writing! Thanks for all of the effort!
Xena chapter 12 . 5/17/2003
Great epilogue, with some startling revelations at how dangerous the elixir was! And what a way to end: with Pippin and his infinite wisdom. I loved this story, I'm sad to see it's over! :P
Xena chapter 11 . 5/17/2003
So that's what Celeborn's letter contained! What a risky endeavor, but I agree, Frodo had to try. I was scared there for a minute that Frodo was dead! Great chapter!
Bookworm2000 chapter 12 . 5/17/2003
Yay! Frodo's better! I might have said that already... Why do I feel a strong sense of Deja Vu?

Oh, the story's over- darn! Will there be more like this to come?
endymion2 chapter 12 . 5/17/2003
'Don't worry, Samwise, I'll always come back to Bag End. As long as you don't rent out my room, that is.'

'We'll manage somehow,' Sam answered.

Frodo nodded. 'You always do, Sam. That you do.'

'You know,' Pippin said reflectively over his cup of morning tea, looking at Frodo's pillow-creased face and sleep-tousled hair, 'Being invisible had its good points...'

I cannot believe it! Somebody out there actually wrote a happy ending! I certainly did not expect your story to end this way, but I really thank you!
LadyJea chapter 12 . 5/16/2003
*Gasp!*

I can't believe Pippin said that! That's awful! But very funny! Excellent ending!

I never thought of Frodo taking up mapmaking. That would be a job most suited to him, I think.

Fanfiction is being so slow right now. I'm terribly vexed.
OjosVerdes chapter 12 . 5/16/2003
Positively marvelous ending, Lin! I loved it, particularly Frodo's comment about food, and Pip's marvelous parting jab. That last line was beautiful. This one's going on my favorites list.
Bookworm2000 chapter 11 . 5/16/2003
So good to see Frodo, finally! Is he going to go to the Grey Havens now, or no?