Reviews for The Player is a Part Timer
thebeststreetview0239 chapter 3 . 6/26
I-I just couldn't read past the deplorable state of grammar in this fic.
Even the basics are getting more shi**y.

I am truly sorry but I just couldn't read it, and that's me talking .
I like op female leads and non harem fics so i really wished i could read this, sigh...
Terracotta Tortilla chapter 1 . 5/28
Broken English, a weird main character, a lack of coherent story telling, probably zero plan for the plot of this story, etc. Yup, this is the average DxD fic.
Aedwards179 chapter 12 . 5/1
I really want her to show her strength at some point... this playing weak thing is fine but it gets annoying after a while
Aedwards179 chapter 7 . 5/1
Oh someone else from the game is there... thats disappointing
Aedwards179 chapter 5 . 5/1
How is wanting to manage your own time and not work anyone negative?
Aedwards179 chapter 3 . 5/1
I love the idea of this but its so painful to read... the grammar, sentence structure and use of the wrong tense just hurts me.
Aedwards179 chapter 2 . 5/1
I always hated them calling Kuoh devil territory. it should be shinto/youkai territory since its japan. I'd understand if there was an agreement between the factions so the young devil heirs can get experience managing a territory but still, putting 2 teenage girls in charge of a city of humans is just fucking stupid.
Aedwards179 chapter 2 . 5/1
why is she acting like a fucking weirdo that's never talked to a person in their entire life ar school but she yells at Azazel easily and talks eith kiba easily
Aedwards179 chapter 1 . 5/1
I hope momonga doesn't apear
Aedwards179 chapter 1 . 5/1
ah thats why I stopped reading this before. grammar is awful. at least in the first chapter
Hmm. Where to start. Overall, I enjoyed this. Something that cant be said for most of the crap i end up reading. Plus sides:
Well written, few errors.
Interesting plot.
Op mc who doesn’t (for the most part) take shit from others.

Faults - and i will say i am far more critical of works than positive, blame my personality i guess. Just issues niggle me and continue to do so.

1. You gb an mc, yet insist they wear male clothes. With how it was done in this novel, you may as well have just had her as a guy. For real. It would literally change nothing other than a few words and the 5 occurrences of internal dialogue. If you have a male to female mc who in your words happily became a stripper ingame, they whats up with their aversion to female clothing? Its one of those damned annoying traits gb writers seem to cling to like their mc’s to their old selves. God damned fuckibg annoying to read i tell you.

2. The mc keeps their identity hidden. Fine, thats part of the novels plot, and i get that, and in the beginning its done nicely. But like, the mc’s race has not actually been revealed past the 250k word mark. We get a potential title? Of dark lord, but no race. And she is only just starting to reveal herself to a few people.. the whole race under wraps is annoying as hell, but tolerable, but the whole keeping her power under wraps for over 250k words? Now that is just fucking insufferable. You miss SOOO GOD DAMN MANY PERFECT OPPORTUNITIES TO BITCH SLAP AN EGO ASSHOLE WITH THE BIG REVEAL, but no. The charade must go on. For what? Info gathering? She has done that and more. A peaceful life? She would get that by scaring everyone shitless and telling them to leave her alone. But no, we are stuck with arrogant assholes and no cathartic bitch slapping. Especially when the climax is likely to be in ch18, and the last update is nearly 3 years ago. So if you are reading this, expect to be blue balled unless this has 18 chaps.

But all my bitching aside, this was an enjoyable read, i did have to mentally replace her attire, but yeah, enjoyable. Just wish we had the fallen angels roge element climax. Bach handing is due, and no author to relay it. Many sad ️
Yay, another op mc! Oh, wait, i got too excited too soon since you trash their potential by mentally crippling them in the 2nd chapter and shitting on any appeal of the character you established in the first chapter.

Oh, yay, a female mc! Oh, wait, you trashed that too by keeping them ingrained in wearing male clothes even though she is female. FOR FUCKS SAKE! What the next thing your going to do to trash this works potential!
ZeroSpearow chapter 17 . 2/27
i want more
Nameless chapter 17 . 11/29/2023
Update,update,update,update.
SMB chapter 2 . 11/23/2023
Why is you bitch of a MC such a f**king whiner pussy? I wrote you on purpose and not your to teach you. It's f**king stupid having her f**king whining all the f**king time about how big of a f**king pussy she is. You not letting her f**k either. It's f**king painful to read how f**king pathetic she is.