Reviews for Tainted Steel
Goten Askil chapter 24 . 5/16
Damn that's cold for Sumire. Poor Onee-chan.

Shirou hasn't killed anyone yet, right? Lol, Rin's got a higher kill-count than the newest Dead Apostle prodigy who's shaking the Ancestors' hierarchy and making both the Church and the Association wary. At this point if she ever joins the Clock Tower it's only going to be Shirou's insider.
Mmh, could Shirou turn someone if he wanted? And would they be classic Dead growing into Apostles in that case, or sword abominations like him?

You know, with that body Shirou might be able to actually survive until the end of the planet, since after seeing Gil's treasury the aggregated Mystery accumulated by all his swords is gonna make him pretty much unkillable. And then he'll complete Kiritsugu's father's theory and see the Root, without need for time-manipulation. The irony is delicious, xD

Just a little question if you happen to come this way, why didn't Shirou simply change his body into Rita's magecraft-breaking knife to enter the Matou house? Did he want to hide part of his abilities from Rin and/or Louvre, or would that make too small an opening to allow them entry too?

Well, anyway, very cool story. I hope you're still working on it, the Grail War coming close is promising to be utterly epic, what with Svelten, Prelati, Ortenrosse and Master Artoria getting involved.
Goten Askil chapter 22 . 5/16
Illya's gonna love that. Not only does Shirou have even more Daddy issues then she does which promises some hilarious misunderstandings between the two, now he's stealing her (family's) castle.
Goten Askil chapter 21 . 5/16
You know, every time someone speaks about how far Shirou came in under two decades, I remember he has no memories from before the fire so he actually did all that in barely ONE decade. I hope at some point he corrects people on that, it would be hilarious to see their rage xD

Also, I was expecting him to ask Rin how an undead could become a Church priest, or something, at some point. Didn't his analysis notice the mass of Angry Manure that's in Kotomine's heart's place?
Goten Askil chapter 14 . 5/15
You have to admire the special place Kiritsugu gained in his mind that he calls Rita a victim when his own first reflex when sensing her existence was to go kill her. At no point does he, or Taiga, ever consider that maybe he had reasons to use any means to kill Apostles.
Note that it isn't a critic, demonising someone who lied to you and hurt you is a totally logical reaction, but Shirou takes it to the extreme. At this point he'll end up accepting to become an Ancestor just because Kiri opposed them xD.
Goten Askil chapter 13 . 5/15
Feels like you're doing Saber dirty, tbh. Sure, there are a few Heroes stronger than her, and I could even count Scathach among them since she's an immortal god-killer, but Artoria's top tier even among top tiers. I mean, she's considered the strongest Saber for a reason, and with no limitation due to having an inferior Magus (which she had with Shirou AND Kiritsugu) she's a beast. Between her Dragon Core said to produce as much energy as Earth's core, her use of Mana Burst to boost her abilities, Excalibur being the strongest holy sword, and her years of training to fulfill her destiny even before she took Caliburn, saying she lacks martial skill is just plain wrong. I don't get why you insist on calling her so much weaker than Cu Chulainn. In terms of skill (meaning when he wasn't using his sure-kill spear) he was roughly equal to her when she was turbo-weakened by Shirou's faulty summoning. As for not being the strongest at the Round Table, Gawain is said to only be her equal at midday, when he's at his best, and when she has actual will to fight she beats Lancelot empowered by Mad Enhancement. Don't confuse her humility with actual lack of talent. Setanta (the one before Scathach's training) has nothing to her, let alone the wraiths.

If anything, that's a good argument to make her learn magecraft, because as far as martial prowess goes she's already very close to the peak.

On other matters, if she does end up as a Master I wonder who she'll end up summoning. A Knight, with herself as a catalyst? Mordred would be hella juicy lol. Or maybe Cu, if Scathach gives her a spear or something. Or Lionheart since he admired her so much. Or herself from before she fell asleep in Camlann, Prelati style xD. Guess we'll see, but if it does happen it's gonna some op team in all cases.
Deos-X11 chapter 24 . 4/18
Having reread this story for the 30th time, I am so hoping to see what's coming next.

Also a thought, I hope he summons Enkidu as his servant. Who better to teach a sword how to live his life than a living weapon who went through the same journey.
rhandson.ghost chapter 5 . 2/21
Just one word to describe this AU Path, Cool!
mastermini chapter 1 . 2/4
Back again to read one of my favorites! Hope you are doing well :)
tkorn1001 chapter 24 . 1/14
Man hope this story updates soon extremely curious for shirou to be in the grail war seeing him interact with EMIYA and illya is going to be exciting and who knows who all the servants are going to be with artoria being alive now maybe shirou could summon muramasa as his servant or imagine if kiritsugu gets summoned in that grail war
tkorn1001 chapter 21 . 1/13
Cool shirou just got a massive buff and some new subordinate too nice to see sumire show some of her care for him too.
tkorn1001 chapter 19 . 1/13
Awesome so shirou looks like EMIYA
tkorn1001 chapter 18 . 1/12
Altrouge is adorable
tkorn1001 chapter 17 . 1/12
What if sumire or shirou tell altrouge about gilgamesh being alive? I imagine she would be concerned about the king of heroes being alive and I wonder how she would handle that like would she try to recruit him or just sick primate murder on him
Still Not There chapter 24 . 1/7
Must have read this story through 4 or 5 times, damn shame it’s dormant/dead. I get a huge kick out of Va-Fem’s pricing and the way people react to it.
Alb4tr05S chapter 19 . 1/6
A lot of people are making the misunderstanding that this fic is bashing kiritsugu. But that's not really the case, and we're just getting an outsiders perspective of Kiritsugu, that Shirou was shattered and disillusioned by, leading him down the path of being an inhuman monstrosity.

It's partially Kiritsugu's fault, but that doesn't mean the story shies away from consequences of Shirou's own action born out of his resentment of Kiritsugu.
1,524 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »