Reviews for Haunter's Lick
A random review chapter 1 . 12/20/2017
As the Wikipedia article states: "Despite its appearance and nature, Haunter is seen as a serious physical threat to trainers and their Pokémon, who are strongly advised to flee if sighted by one. Haunter is known to gesture unsuspecting trainers and Pokémon before licking them with their large tongue; the attack suppresses motor functions, drastically drains the victim's life energy, causes paralysis and rapid shaking, and the victim's death."
A random review chapter 1 . 12/20/2017
Very interesting and intriguing story. One of the things I liked most about it was the inclusion of the fact that the consequences of Haunter's Lick Attack are fatal; in the Pokémon anime, the attack's true effects were never shown, and for good reason. I also enjoyed the fluent and extensive vocabulary and realistic atmosphere the story offered into just how dangerous one Pokémon can be.
KnightLawn chapter 1 . 10/16/2017
This was a very good story.
Geo589 chapter 1 . 2/12/2015
I never knew that this story would be that touching, nicely done I must say :)
wannabepokemorph chapter 1 . 5/1/2014
I love it I love haunter this is great sorry I did not use periods
Pokefan188 chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
It's a good thing nurse joy got to tony before he was history
Sparkly Emerald chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
This was a cool story, very dramatic and emotional. I loved it.
Blackpelt chapter 1 . 4/27/2006
my name is michelle too!O.O!also i have a ruby game and im breeding vulpix and pichu and i randomly thouhgt of gavin for the vulpix and carrie for i think it was a pichu...anywho i really liked your story.i actually thought that that would be it for gavin and i nearly broke out into tears!the other parts of your story made me shudder because of the i get spooked esily so i would not go in an eeire looking mansion even if i was parched and starving!and besides vulpix and pichu i always keep a salamence (new dragon type HUGE!)with me so i could easily fly there.i luvd your story!sry i was just wasting a chunk of your life by rambling on and on and on and on and on...WOW!THIS IS THE LONGEST REVIEW IVE EVER WRITTEN!O.O!anyway i look forward to reading another one of your stories!tata for now!
heeeeeeeeeee chapter 1 . 7/17/2004
i love this fic, plz write some more on them, its great
Lobo Kendo chapter 1 . 5/7/2003
Maybe they should have tried to reason with the Haunter? I bet they don't know they're licks are fatal and are just being friendly. As far as taking several Night Shades to the gut. . .uhh. . .maybe the Haunter thought they were dangerous?
Dr. Thinker chapter 1 . 5/7/2003
Slick as a Haunter lick...(pardon

the bad pan.)
DareDelvil chapter 1 . 5/6/2003
Dear Clare,

This is very good. Atmospheric, eerie, well thought-out and cleverly written. I like the idea of it being inspired by a Pokedex entry, especially as I'm writing a similarly inspired fic myself. If you have Pokemon Ruby or Sapphire yet, it's Ruby's entry for Shedinja. Spine-chilling ideas abound.

Enough about me. Anyway, it's good to see that you managed new characters without any Mary-Sue shaped happenings - well done you. The descriptions are very atmospheric, drawing you into the story and inspiring some good images...I like the stuffed Arcanine idea, too, it serves as a good point upon which to differentiate between characters. The whole, though fairly short, does not feel under-expanded, and the Azumarill rescue is a nice touch.

Two minor nitpicks - spellchecker would have picked up 'pleasent' (pleasant) and 'silouettes' (silhouettes) as incorrect, and I think you mean 'carved wooden armrests' not 'craved', though that one would get by a spellchecker.

Great short story. I hope you keep writing - it's nice to see some effort and talent.

Best of luck with everything

~*Dare*~