Reviews for Divided by a Common Language
blueimmortal chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
I would like to know what 'old trouble' and 'up the duff' means, to me it means that Jack is saying that he and Sam are engaged or that Sam's pregnant.
The Fiction Spider chapter 1 . 2/21/2005
Sam's pregnant & they're getting married?

Love The story btw :D

Rose
Zmyrra chapter 1 . 2/19/2005
Hah, english isn't even my first language so I was a bit confused for a while. Luckily, having a good imagination got me through most of the cockney. I have no idea why they decided to go to Turgington Thrumpwell instead of Pratt's Bottom though.

Great idea for a fic! It always irritates me when everyone speaks perfect english even if they descended from cultures that hadn't even heard of england or the english language. Still, Stargate usually earns my forgiveness :) Would be fun with lots of subtitles and languageswitching though.

Keep up the good work!

/Zmyrra
Dimac99 chapter 1 . 7/4/2004
LOL! Daft, but very amusing! I managed to follow the gist, even though I couldn't remember most of the phrases. Plates (of meat) feet and I'm inordinately proud of myself for remembering that!
Sci Fi Fan Gillian chapter 1 . 2/1/2004
Great story.
heidiweidel chapter 1 . 11/12/2003
What a delight! Can't wait to share it with my UK friends. Love the American Express mini-kawoosh and the ending. Two thumbs up!
ng3 chapter 1 . 5/7/2003
i stumbled through the Cockney English but it still was funny. and the little stargate for credit card use was hilarious!