Reviews for A Scene That Should Have Been - Teatime Conciliation
Nightraze chapter 1 . 9/12
This is great. Thanks for writing this.
gaidzani chapter 1 . 4/13
Oooh, this is a good change of pace. I do hope that both Mikoto and Misaki are going to have a friendly relationships in the novel series. But, I guess that's impossible huh? considering their natural character and all. And, Thank you for writing this story, this is good!
RPGPersona chapter 1 . 1/19
After finally getting around to catching up on the novels, I can finally read this and properly comment on it.

I can’t say if Karachi plans to have a scene like this in the future to address the aftermath of NT22R, but it felt like the author was prioritizing showing the main characters returning home over showing the aftermath of the fighting. Mikoto and Misaki have a fun dynamic, so I hope that this does get properly addressed.

I think you did a good job with this. Mikoto isn’t the type to be unreasonable. I can see her willing to give Misaki a chance to explain herself and apologize. It really can be considered a miracle that Mikoto can trust the way she can after everything she has seen. Faced with the miracle she waited for, I can’t blame Misaki for breaking down like she did. the important thing isn’t making a mistake, but how you handle things afterwards.
LastOrder chapter 1 . 12/6/2019
"I can't forgive someone who doesn't bother to apologize." THIS. IS. SO. ME. I can't agree more.

To be honest, a simple heartfelt "sorry" is more than enough. It might not be effective immediately, but everything will start to heal and move forward from then on. That's where the thing called "time" will take over.

Anyways, what a good fic. I'm not an NT reader so I have no idea what happened but I just want to say that I enjoyed reading this fic. Thank you for the good read. You wrote so well.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/6/2019
Actually on that note, I don't think this whole story is necessary either. I mean your 'correction' and satisfaction doesn't do you justice to be honest.

Ps. Mikoto isn't exactly what you call a know-it-all (she really isn't).
CrossFaded chapter 2 . 9/24/2019
I personally think that using an OC without any build-up to 'punish' a canon character (Othinus) is... rather silly. Because your OC is 'punishing' Othinus, there's literally zero conflict, and a story with zero conflict isn't a fun story to read. Sometimes, the writer having fun writing the story doesn't translate to the reader having fun reading the story.
UnkownSoul chapter 2 . 9/18/2019
Well, this was interesting and once more I agree with your points!
Guest chapter 2 . 9/17/2019
I thought this story was about the post NT22R? I don't think this whole thing is necessary.
whwsms chapter 2 . 9/17/2019
IN-teresting ... for all we know, you might have saved Kamachi some work there, unless by some remote chance he already has a storyline like this drafted out but not yet published.

But still, it's a good reminder that Magic Gods are not true gods in that sense (picked that up myself from the To Aru Wiki), plus it's also interesting to remember (as later volumes revealed) everything didn't go bye-bye at the close of NT8, when Othinus (supposedly) destroyed the world.

Good Job.
UnkownSoul chapter 1 . 9/1/2019
I already said it in a review on your Hydromancer story: You really nail these characters down very well, even Shokuhou.
And I agree with you, NT has so many open questions that were just left on the side of the road. I'm glad for this fic of yours.
Majin Othinus chapter 1 . 8/8/2019
I'm in the same mind as you with regards to series' many plotpoints that have fallen to the wayside. Whatever happened to the #6 Level 5 participating in some sort of underground death game, what about the fake #6 and his Kansai accent? What is Ollerus going to do with regards to becoming a Magic God? Whatever happened to Freya? Discovering more about Touma's past and those he knew pre-amnesia would have been VERY interesting.

I also think that Kamachi has made some inconsistencies whith regards to how Othinus acts around Touma. She was openly flirting with her 'Understander' during the Elements invasion, but she just sort of stops? Touma is her one and only 'Understander', I would think that she would try a little more in getting close to him...

Anyways, I for one would enjoy reading more TAMNI fics from you in the near future.
Mad Random Writer chapter 1 . 8/4/2019
I thank you for sharing this.

A scene between Misaki/Misaka and a Misaki/Touma was needed for the emotinal closure of the volume, and Kamachi denied us.

Touma will probably lose the cool dragon power, till much later or maybe ever. I am sad.
KurobaraIto chapter 1 . 7/28/2019
Honestly, I like it. The conversation captured the awkward situation they were in. I hope you will continue writing in Toaru section because I really like your take.
whwsms chapter 1 . 7/27/2019
Well, it could be argued that there are a number of scenes or scenarios mentioned in NT 22R aside from the one depicted here that are, at present, left to the readers' imagination. As you indicated, perhaps Kamachi might touch on them either in the new series coming in 2020, or maybe he'll churn out another side-story or two to do that.

Still, for the purpose of character development (something which rarely, if at all, happens overnight), it was an IN-teresting read. I see no indication of "Complete", so I'm thinking you're debating whether this is a one-shot, or whether another chapter or more may follow - guess that's up to you.