Reviews for Painted With Promises
Oderus chapter 1 . 8/4/2019
The Mario Bros. and Princess Peach's friendship really stands out here! I love the scenario of how she gave them a home as they tried to find the pipe home. I was quite shocked at the reveal of when they used to know each other when they were babies, so that was a nice throwback. And the ending was great to set the mood that they will get to enjoy some more time together. Great job on this!
Drones-of-Innocence chapter 1 . 8/2/2019
I love this interpretation, it makes a lot of sense that Luigi would be very apprehensive to stay in the MK at first, but of course he'll eventually warm up to the idea! Peach is so sweet and considerate, the way you wrote her was just lovely. I can only imagine how the brothers will react to learning about their original home!
lalalei chapter 1 . 8/1/2019
Great story! It was cool seeing Toadette, and the funny thing is according to an interview in the Japanese Mario 64 strategy guide Mario being from Brooklyn was canon at least up to Mario 64! My best guess is he was born in the Mushroom kingdom but raised outside it cause Bowser.

Here's the article! destructoid 20-year-old-japanese-mario-64-interview-finally-gets-translated-388720 .phtml
SallyStringBass chapter 1 . 7/29/2019
Your fanfics as a whole are very solid, well-written, and easy to follow without getting lost. But I’ve always had a preference for slower-paced stuff like this—it was nice to read it over my coffee today.

Besides, I’m always a sucker for Mario origin stories, especially if they tie together the Brooklyn and Yoshi’s Island canons. This particular story takes the cake, though! 3
TheGameNguyener chapter 1 . 7/29/2019
This is both wonderful and brilliant. The only time I've had trouble moving to a new place was in college when I began freshman year at the dorms. I felt like I wasn't going to fit in very well like in high school. But after time flies by and mustering up the courage to talk and hang out with friends, it really feels like a second home. And although I'm no longer in school nor am I staying close to my best friends, I'll occasionally visit them every now and then when I get the chance.

I always like to compare realistic situations to the story because it's just a way for me to relate to it. I understand Luigi's reluctance to stay in the Mushroom Kingdom while Mario had a different viewpoint. But I admire Peach for respecting their decisions. It was at least nice of her to offer a home to them before she figured out the truth about the past.

From thereon, their relationship was really well attached and it struck my heartstrings to know that the Mario Bros. would be willing to stay in the kingdom close to Peach for a fair amount of time, even if they're oblivious to their prior history. Regardless, it's heartwarming how they've become closer nowadays like their early infant years.

I loved this oneshot like all the others you've written! While I don't really like Peach as a character very much, her personality and role in your stories redefine what she's truly capable whenever she's not the damsel in distress. It was especially highlighted in "A Devil Put Aside for Me", and it was also exhibited here. That's what I can respect. Fantastic job!

~TGN
BOOM Fanfic-a-latta chapter 1 . 7/29/2019
Yup!" Mario said, cheerily. "We had such fun at the Cotillion, especially meeting some of those people—Link, Marth, that other Link, Zelda, that other Zelda…"
"And the other Link and Zelda…" Luigi added.

So many Links and Zeldas...
LuckyLadybug chapter 1 . 7/29/2019
Aww, this is adorable! I love how you meld the two verses so seamlessly and with such a good explanation! It makes everything even more poignant!

Definitely understandable for Luigi to worry that moving into the cottage would feel permanent. I love how Peach is very kind and understanding instead of hurt or insulted.

The picture is an awesome revelation on multiple levels! So sweet for Peach to realize the truth (and then hear the whole story), and to also realize the cottage really does belong to the brothers!

Peach deciding to be more bold is great. I love her breaking off the engagement she had no say in!

The ending is perfect. Going back and forth is the best solution! LOL, I love the bit of humor as they discuss plugs.