Reviews for Hear Me Roar
Too much gunpowder.
Canons and pistols doesnt belong in fantasy.
Kelorus chapter 41 . 9/11
Oh my, such an interesting work.
ImperialProcrastination chapter 11 . 9/3
the florents didnt join renly. selyse florent is stannis' wife. i mean he burned a few of her kin but i don't think they joined renly at any point. plus they hate highgarden...
ImperialProcrastination chapter 5 . 9/3
bringing gunpowder into the mix rarely pans out so early in the game. bit dubious. also ravens don't fly to braavos. its a strictly westerosi thing and not seen in essos in cannon. plus they dont fly over the narrow sea regardless
0rigami chapter 41 . 8/29
An excellent story, a pleasure to be able to binge on it from 1 to 41. I find the MC realistic, in a way the rest of the cast is not... Martin's fault i fear, or maybe they simply don't mix well against your MC - i insist there is only so far people, even in medieval times, are willing to tempt fate and fight again and again the same enemy after being crushed. Much more common was to resent in defeat, as it may take a generation to recover one single lost army when it get fully, or even substantially, destroyed. Honestly, almost every single kingdom in Westeros should barely have enough man to control its own territories by now, let alone joining in more conflicts.

As for nitpicking in general, beside suggesting a reworking of the main "rant" after Tyrions's betrayal (it's out of character considering how he behaved until then, imho... single insults, one punch, maybe. But you can't have one cahracter keep his outside cool forever, and then break this spectacularly because of another, half expected betrayal) i would like to add how, afaik, obsidian isn't "forged" into a weapon. That is not how it work, i seem to remember... it's glass, not metal, and the historical way of using it in warfare is placing shards of it onto wooden or metal supports. Try googling for aztec/mayan weapons, i don't remember which.

All aside, great story. I look forward to your future chapters.
NkuliJJ chapter 41 . 8/22
Okay the first half of this fic was so promising and then it completely lost all sense in the second half. Super dissapointed.. I literally skimmed the last ten chapers to see if it improved later on but..wow.. no:(
There was so much fighting and just chaos with the characterd that the plot just fell apart for me. I understand its a war fic so there is going to be alot of fighting and chaos but there's ways to write it without overwhelming(and underwhelming at the same time) the reader.
KyliaQuilor chapter 20 . 8/20
well that didn't happen as written. Joffrey certainly didn't do it.
This story doesn't make sense anymore.
KyliaQuilor chapter 8 . 8/9
Under any other circumstances, I'd be rooting for Wolf King right now :rofl:
Joao Franco chapter 4 . 8/6
damn. Sansa be like: httpsyoutu. be/Ch1aVmjvYTI lol!
Talibaddeen chapter 41 . 7/26
Great chapter. It appears that dragons heal faster than humans if Trinity was able to take a cannonball that had gone nearly a foot in and still recover in time to join the battle against the Golden Company. It also appears that Matthew and Trinity share a special language that only they can understand and I hope that it continues. I liked that Matthew tricked his small council into thinking that Trinity was more injured than she really was. There are Targaryen loyalists on the small council that will have to be purged soon. I would guess that it's Olenna Tyrrell pulling the strings on Mace and Margarey or it could be someone that we would never guess, like Stannis. Can't wait for the next small council meeting. I hope we get to see Jamie one more time before the story concludes. I'm very surprised that Matthew and Sansa aren't lovers yet. She's basically risking her existence to be with him. Let's see what happens in the next chapters. Where was the Hound or Brienne during the battle? I would love to know what became of them. You described the battle as if someone can see themselves right in the thick of it. I pray that you describe the upcoming battle with Daenerys with just as much depth. I'm still holding out hope that you keep continuing this story even after Matthew is victorious over everyone. I would love to read Matthew's backstory during his time growing up and during his wartime years before he came to Westeros.
Doc Junior chapter 40 . 7/20
i really loved reading this fanfic and i feel it is well balanced ! Thanks and cant wait for more updates !
Doc Junior chapter 41 . 7/20
Pycelle is supposed to be dead right ? Yet you made him live again
freeraynman chapter 1 . 7/14
Never understood why ppl go for the printing press...sure its fairly "easy" however it's also the begging of the end of your dynasty reign...
pavas.sah chapter 9 . 7/11
Instead of Aerys reborn, it should be Aenys reborn.