Reviews for Alexandra Quick and the World Away
LordCaldrin45 chapter 3 . 1/14
Really enjoying this so far. I have to admit, a bit of a critique here. This the first time Claudia and Livia have heard the sheer scale of all of Alexandra's various antics. They see how at least two of her classmates have been permanently maimed. Bu there's not really a moment where either of them properly lambast her for any of it. She's broken god knows how many laws, caused an international incident, two if the Indian reservation counts as foreign territory, messed with magic extremely dark and dangerous to herself and others,

I mean, I like Alexandra, a lot. But... honestly, she deserved to be expelled. And that's not a bad thing. What I love about this series is that there aren't that many "purely" good people. A lot of these characters are morally grey and make decisions as such. And those decisions all have consequences.

Did things happen to Alexandra that were outside her control? Yes. Journey was trying to kill her in year one, Darla was always going to try to sacrifice someone to save her sister, and someone was trying to kill her at the start of fourth year. But more often than not Alexandra caused her own problems and other people paid the price for it. She and Max CHOSE to go into the Worlds below, and the deal they made and Max's sacrifice led to the deaths of numerous wizards and muggles and inflamed the country. She CHOSE to steal the time turner. She chose to storm into the Indian reservation and hunt down John based solely on the word of a girl who had every reason to lie or could have been easily tricked, which directly led to John storming her school and unleashing an attack that injured and maimed students, and the only reason he got inside was BECAUSE she weakened the protective spells.

Was the Confederation cruel to her and her siblings? Yes, to an extent. What happened to Claudia was heinous. But Alex didn't help things with her various stunts. And at the same time, one could claim that the Governor-General's vendetta and treatment of Alex and her siblings was what led to them acting the way they did. Cause and effect.
Haplo12345 chapter 1 . 1/8
OH **** - that was my reaction when I read "Quimley"! Book 5 is gonna be so good!
Guest chapter 59 . 12/30/2021
What an amazing story! I’ve just finished binge reading all the Alexandra Quick works and I’m astonished. Wow. I don’t even know what to say other than this story has consumed me these last weeks and I regret nothing. Thank you for creating this incredible work, I’ll day dream about Alexandra, Charlie and the Ozarks. Looking forward for the next story!
JuliusMD chapter 59 . 12/22/2021
Thank you for writing Alexandra Quick book 5. I read 1-5 back-to-back. Now I'm eagerly awaiting book 6.
ButterbeerHangover chapter 59 . 12/14/2021
I’ve reread this series multiple times now, and my main question is this: who is Claudia’s biological mother? Who is Abraham’s first wife? And why hasn’t Alexandra asked herself?
vacantvagrant chapter 1 . 10/28/2021
it's amazing how the first time I read this, I was totally with Alex in her indignation re: the way her aunts had treated her. but this time I really do believe them when they say they've always had Alexandra's best interests at heart and tried to protect her. I appreciate how complex your characters are!
Annmia chapter 59 . 8/17/2021
Rarely does a story consume me to the extend of neglecting most everything else, and in my opinion, that is the true measure of a great story. This series has taken me on a roller coaster of emotions, made me laugh out loud, cry, feel angry, stubborn, indignant, excited, and hopeful. You wield words like a wizard a wand, and your mastery of the art is indisputable. I look forward to reading the next book, and once more entering the world of Alexandra Quick.
Guest chapter 59 . 7/26/2021
I don't know how many days past after I started the books, I read them back the back non-stop. I don't know how to express my feelings. Thank you for this story, I will be waiting for the next book. There are so many answers to be revealed and I feel like the stroy has come to its shining point with event and Alexandra's character development. I am extremly exited.
Doofus95 chapter 59 . 7/14/2021
Really enjoyed this story. Read the first four books back in 2017 and added you to my favourites, smashed through the series again over the last couple of weeks and hoping book six won’t be too long!
ReaderBot791 chapter 49 . 7/5/2021
Damn Inverarity, that's a... pretty questionable way to show genderfluidity. Awesome Blaze—and what a name that is—is such a caricature :(
ReaderBot791 chapter 32 . 7/4/2021
Alexithymia?!

My 5/5 in AP Psychology was worth something!
ReaderBot791 chapter 24 . 7/4/2021
I hope Claudia shoots Raspire by the end of the series.
illjwamh chapter 59 . 6/29/2021
I'm really enjoying the world you've created, and the lore and everything else. I'm wondering why you chose to make this HP fanfiction instead of an original work. I'd buy it.

I DON'T like whatever you seem to be doing with Alex and Larry. It feels...off. Forced. I'm not saying this because I was hoping Alex would return Anna's feelings (I was); that she doesn't/can't/isn't sure is solid character work for both of them and I can appreciate that even if it doesn't go the way I would've liked. After all, romantic relationships aren't exactly the point of this story and they're not why I read it; they're tertiary at most.

Maybe I'm reading too much into things and it's not something I should worry about. The two of them moving past their mutual animosity would be solid character growth too. I'd even like to see them develop a grudging respect for one another. But anything more would feel contrived and leave a really bad taste in my mouth.
illjwamh chapter 51 . 6/29/2021
Man, now I'm sad. I was really hoping for something between those two. I mean, you've made Anna's feelings obvious enough, but Alexandra's always been harder to get a bead on (ironically, as she's the POV character).
illjwamh chapter 36 . 6/28/2021
How did she avoid the Trace? Is it because they declared her an adult for her "sentencing"?