Reviews for Hysterical Blindness
oshgpoehrm chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
I feel like I've read this before... I probably have. And I think I started writing something that was scarily similar to this, completely unintentionally. But it wasn't working, and anyway, this is so much better. I can't even describe why I like it, except that this is always how I thought Lorelai was. This is amazing.
Del64 chapter 1 . 9/5/2005
I enjoyed this very much. Thank you.

Del64
allthingsholy chapter 1 . 7/20/2004
That was incredibly beautiful. This bit - "She'd felt the cracking then. It hadn't been big, but she could feel it there, in the important place that isn't supposed to be shifted or moved because that's where the thing that you are lives. A tiny thing. Small. Just like the little girl in the bassinet across the way." - happens to be my favorite. You have a fantastic way with words, of running little phrases into not sentences but just...beauty. Amazing.
starsarefading chapter 1 . 6/11/2004
I was drawn to this fic by the title and I don't regret it one bit. :)

Words like insightful and honest and well-written come to mind. I love the point of view you gave to Lorelai.

Kudos,

~Deh
Erin Kaye Hashet chapter 1 . 4/5/2004
Excellent Lorelai POV. We don't see Lorelai's serious side enough, so I like reading a piece about what it is that drives her, what she thinks about when she's alone. Great job. I hope you write more than just fanfic!
iiiiiiiiiiiii chapter 1 . 1/3/2004
I love the way you describe the scenes. The lights danced in my mind as it recreated the scene. This story was depressing in the best possible way - it gleamed of hope and light. It was, is, beautiful.
Ruby Garnet chapter 1 . 7/16/2003
Wow. That was amazing. Honest to god, amazing. I love reading Lorelai stories because there are so few...I'm happy I stumbled upon this one. Your writing is beautiful and my eyes were tearing in a few places. Sometimes, simple sentences and single words can interrupt the flow of a fic, but here, it just works. You are very talented as a writer. Keep it up.

P.S. I'm glad to see that other people use glacier analogies. :) Ignore that.
Temora chapter 1 . 6/8/2003
Literate, intelligent, insightful and painfully honest. Beautiful - thank you!
Megan chapter 1 . 5/14/2003
I really liked this. It's well written and insightful.
Anki chapter 1 . 5/8/2003
Wow, that was powerful, not to mention sad. I think you've really captured Lorelai here. Well done!
Dot chapter 1 . 5/7/2003
This is a beautifully written story. Lorelie's feelings are portrayed as so honest, realistic and touching. You di a wonderful job with this story. I hope you will write more stories in the future.
purgedgonedeleted chapter 1 . 5/7/2003
That was beautifully written. You seemed to grasp Lorelai's feelings perfectly. Very insightful.
bc2003 chapter 1 . 5/7/2003
Wonderful job. You have found a way to look beneath the shiny, happy surface of Lorelai that the tv show rarely shows. The landsickness bit is beautifully written, everyonce in awhile it is nice to read something that is written by someone who can spell and use punctuation correctly. I'm looking forward to chapter 2.
bibleboymary4ever chapter 1 . 5/7/2003
Oh. My. God.

That was amazing.

Absolutely amazing, you have captured the essence of what is Balcony Buds & what is Java Junkies. I am really at a loss for words right now.
Kristin chapter 1 . 5/7/2003
This is beautifully written, if a bit sad. I really like your insights into Lorelai's character. Excellent!