Reviews for Love in the Dark
DriftingSoul2017 chapter 7 . 2/22
This was a great read. I also love Jeralt's character, I like that he's gone through so much for Byleth. He may have kept things from Byleth but I'm sure the intent was for Byleth to live a life without the mental strain of what his origins are. And as far I remember, it's not like Jeralt knows the whole story either, I'm sure if he did it'd be different.

I like the focus on Byleth's mom here, too. Outside of the DLC, kinda, we never really explore her much at all in the game. Outside of Byleth's origins, but I think that scene just had a lot more weight towards Rhea.

As always, Edelgard was an all star here. Subtle little writing at the end to draw attention to what Edelgard does for BylethOf these first 7 chapters, this one is probably my favorite. Lots of focus on Byleth's emotions and vulnerabilities, Jeralt opened up a lot here alongside the family back together in spirit, and Edelgard making quiet but impactful differences to Byleth's life. Fantastic chapter, love this one! Thank you for having written it! :O
DriftingSoul2017 chapter 5 . 2/17
Exciting chapter, loved Hubert in this one. From him being snotty as hell to Byleth to questioning Edelgard, he really got a lot of character here.

Was also interesting to see this part of the story from Edelgard's prespective. Between how she's debating what to do between Byleth and the Death Knight, to laying eyes on Byleth with the SOTC, it was very refreshing.

Great chapter, thanks for writing it!
DriftingSoul2017 chapter 4 . 2/15
This dialogue between Sothis and Byleth here is peak, just laughing to myself on break at work haha. Sothis is one of my favorite characters from this game and I really like how you include her! And she reads books!

Also a very tasteful edit to the C support, I think a lot of us look past it because we think she wouldn't care because it was Byleth who did it. However, considering this is more or less the beginning over her developing feelings I think it makes sense for her to be as upset as she is. And fights like only make people who stay together stronger; we all know how Edeleth turns out!

A great chapter, as always, thank you for having wrote it!
DriftingSoul2017 chapter 3 . 2/12
It would have been nice if a scene like this was actually in game, I really like it. Would have been interesting to see Claude's reaction to Byleth out there, definitely would have been a lot more teasing coming Byleth's way than from him.

I also like this chapter since it does a great job of giving Byleth character and agency. Yes he's a blank stare Ashen Demon but he cares for his students well being as well as mental health. And evidently Edelgard is bringing more expressions out of him, love it! Thank you for writing this chapter!
DriftingSoul2017 chapter 2 . 2/12
I love how you drove attention to the fact that everyone was following Edelgard's nonspoken orders there, haha. Really hammers home her commanding personality in a unique way. This was a nice chapter, thank you for having written it.
Did she just kiss him?

If so, that was quite clever of her
DriftingSoul2017 chapter 1 . 2/7
So I'm in the process of rereading this to stave my wait for Elden Ring DLC, and wow this chapter is such an amazing introduction. Loved their conversation was so layered it made the dialogue that much more interesting to read. I absolutely love how you include Sothis, everything she says fits perfectly. Thank you for writing this! ~Day
TheFreelancerSeal chapter 5 . 1/21
Though I've largely left the world of fan fiction behind, I can honestly say I was glad to see this updated again. It also reminded me of just how far behind I was in the reviewing. I've read every chapter, yes, but reviews are a little bit harder to leave. Especially, when the only thing I can leave them on is my phone. But now I'm at a computer and actually have time.

I think you captured the tension of this battle excellently. The first time I played Three Houses, this battle really got me worried in a way most new Fire Emblem games could. Like Byleth, I kept trying to prevent losing anyone to that monster. Unlike him, I don't think I had to use the Divine Pulse all that much.

As I said, the battle is stressful, tense, and when it finally passes, you can feel the exhaustion setting in. I also like that you're showing the cracks in the walls that slowly form between Byleth and Edelgard. As someone his students look up to, it makes sense that he doesn't want them to see him worn down this way. But it's sweet to think that he shows that to her and her alone, the woman he will give his heart to. Even at this early stage when it's probably little more than passing fancy or infatuation, they can still lean on each other. And I had to chuckle at his threat to take away from her grade if she doesn't call him by name. And it will give us something to look forward to in the future as what they have develops into true love.

I'm hoping to get a bit better at leaving reviews for a story that's good enough to bring me back here.

Well done.
Guest chapter 45 . 12/5/2023
Holy crap! i never thought i would see another update to what is by far the best MByleth/Edelgard story and one of the best three houses stories in general. It’s been so long!
Guest chapter 45 . 11/25/2023
I have to thank you for putting for so much effort for this amazing story. I hope you have a great break between this and the next chapter. We all love and support you and all are excited to see the next masterpiece you create!
Pyre Sol chapter 45 . 11/25/2023
Hoo boy. It has been a while since I read this story, but it is always a good read. One of my favorites, really. I simply cannot wait for the next chapter to come out.
jmcd24 chapter 45 . 11/22/2023
An update! Ah hell, now I guess I'll have to read it all over again... but who's complaining!?
Guest chapter 45 . 10/3/2023
I couldn't believe my eyes when I checked this fic today to see there have been a new chapter. This made my day. I can't wait for more. Wonderful job
N7withpride chapter 45 . 8/21/2023
SO EXCITED another chapter came out! I can’t wait for more this is literally my favorite fic I’ve ever read and I cannot wait for the next installment!
Guest chapter 38 . 8/4/2023
I really enjoyed their little trek to the capital

Really hammers home how rough they’ve had it
1,315 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »