Reviews for Through the Wormhole: Year 2
“Life energy” is just chemicals though. It gets eaten by decomposers and eventually recirculates through the ecosystem. Now there is an actual way to argue that something like a soul exists because of the second law of thermodynamics, but it isn’t matter or energy. It’s information.
Royaussie chapter 18 . 8/2
Again I find I love your style of writing and the story alone. It’s fun and nice to see it mixed so well together. Thanks heaps for your massive work.
good story
Guciec chapter 42 . 5/14
This is a story worth reading. I have some personal objections here and there but they do not detract from enjoying the story.
Spiritblade89 chapter 40 . 2/17
this omake is hilarious!
Overide22 chapter 1 . 1/21
American craft beer is second to none. The huge mass market breweries are crap though.
Argent Stonecutter chapter 1 . 11/1/2021
Technically everything you’re doing with neutronium is impossible. In any normal environment (anything less extreme than a degenerate star’s gravity and pressure) it will immediately break down into free neutrons, plus quite a lot of energy. 2cc of neutronium in Earth conditions looks like a bright flash, briefly.
David chapter 1 . 9/16/2021
The only American beer I think is worth drinking is the Rolling Rock out of Pennsylvania.
Canadian beer has slowly disappeared. A shame, that.
My two favorite Japanese beer is Sapporo and Asahi.
My preferred drink is 15 yr scotch, and Glenfiddich is best and definitely worth the money in my humble opinion.
Loved the first book. Excellent job there. This one is off to a great start. I am going to follow this
wolf-master321 chapter 11 . 8/17/2021
I know you already have Harry's ship planned if not already built but should something happen I'd like to submit 2 suggestions for your consideration the Asgard O'Neill class starship from Stargate or the Andromeda Ascendant from Gene roddenberry's Andromeda.
thank you for taking the time for sharing your muse with us I look forward to reading more of your stories
SunPho3n1x chapter 41 . 7/20/2021
This has been a great story! Thank you for writing this.
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 41 . 6/28/2021
Okay, so they *are* original to DS9 and are merely *evolved* arseholes!
So, DS9 was another example of "predictive programming" or as those of us who have been or have recently become "Awake & Aware" have come to realize that the TV & movies that depict seeming "predictions" of future events and plans by the satanic Cabal/Oligarchy that's currently attempting to take over the U.S. and the world are *actually* them fulfilling a "pledge" between God and satan that satan's minions would "give warning" and that if we did not take action to prevent the events or plans depicted, it would be taken as "permission" to go ahead with those plans.
The pilot episode of "The Lone Gunman" is one such example of "predictive programming" that shows plans to fly a commercial jetliner into the WTC. The episode premiered on March 11, 2001.
This DS9 episode seems to be predicting the infiltration of our U.S. Federal and State governments by "Deep State" operators with plans to destroy our Country. At least now we know!
"If you're going through Hell, just keep going!" That's what those of us who are "A&A" are presently doing... And praying constantly, too!
Moving on to Part 3 now.
Thank you for sharing this terrific series with us!
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 40 . 6/28/2021
I'm beginning to wonder if these "Administrators" are actual or descendants of magicals put thru the veil; not necessarily "purebloods" but magical 'bigots' ala Umbitch... Hmmm, I don't know tho; I don't know if The Prophets would have allowed those with such "Dark" souls to continue living or exit the Wormhole.
They're probably just an advanced war-like species that has evolved to be genocidal like the Borg.
Was this also part of the original DS9?
What a disgusting species!
I laughed when I read about the samples Bortral took 'self-destructing; is she going to be pissed!
You're doing an amazing job with building the tension and showing the urgency of the climactic scenes!
Well done! *Very* well done!
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 38 . 6/28/2021
Hmmm... Could Selene be a reincarnated Luna? You're either leaving it open-ended for speculation and later edification or you've said all you're going to on the subject and leaving it up to the reader. Either way, it's a neat plot device!
Have I mentioned that I *love* this series? I was an ST enthusiast from the original series, which I got to watch in its original broadcast, from Premiere to final episode. At 4-years old, it was a revelation! I learned from it and watching and the old cartoon programs -Rocky & Bullwinkle, Looney Tunes, etc.- how to read early (how else are you going to know what Wylie Coyote has gotten from "Acme" for his plots or read episode titles and scene place names?

I was upset when they decided to create a *new* ST show instead of bringing back the original characters, but the 1st episode of ST:TNG I was *hooked*! It was hard to find a "UPN" station in Knoxville, TN, and then you had to "hold your tongue *just right*" to get it to come-in clear (without static), at the time but I managed to! LOL!

I caught on to ST:DS9, but not as enthusiastically as TNG: It was "darker"; grittier than the previous 2 shows and I had a hard time relating to the 'conflicts' between the characters. I liked it and still do, I just wasn't as "married" to it as the others.

I started college (EE major, ME minor; ST influence had caused me to be "mechanically inclined" and engineering-minded. That aptitude got me into 'hot water', culturally, when as a 1st grader, we were given "Aptitude Testing" -don't ask me: California public schools, 1968-. My parents were brought into a conference with the Principal, Mr. Stoddard, and the Head of Testing. They told my parents that I demonstrated a *Gifted* but "unfeminine" aptitude for Engineering and Mechanics and tested "poorly" for "more feminine" pursuits of Nursing and Teaching, and that I should be absolutely and rigorously *dissuaded* from being allowed to continue to develop those skills that went against the cultural norms of the day! They "vigorously" tried, it didn't 'take'.) in 1995 and ST:V premiered at the same time and had its 1st full-time, prime-time *female* Captain! The show was my other favorite after TOS and TNG, though I missed the final 2 seasons when UPN got "bumped" off the airwaves in . I've tried catching up on Netflix, but I don't watch much TV anymore.

I feel like I'm catching up with DS9 a little thru your story; I'm really enjoying the action and interaction!
Thank you so much for this!
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 32 . 6/27/2021
In 1907, a Dr. Duncan MacDougall published a study that has been heavily trashed by 'non-believing' scientists, doctors, and others but has a wide following of believers who feel that it proves the existence of the soul. Since then it's become known as the "21 gram experiment". The doctor contracted to have 6 patients who were in their last hours agree to be weighed at the time of their deaths. Out of the 6 patients, only one met the Dr's criteria of clear proof. The others he didn't feel had given him the information that would stand-up to scientific, clear-cut observation.
20 years ago the Wikipedia page on the experiment and other articles were much kinder towards this Dr's study; I'm appalled to find that even using DuckDuckGo instead of Google's "iffy" results many of the articles no longer seem to exist and currently, there seems to be a decidedly negative opinion about the idea at all!
When I first heard of the experiment and the doctor's report, I felt uplifted and comforted by the idea. When my husband was in the E.R. in 2008 suffering from a heart rate that had climbed to 222 bpm and they administered "Adenizen" to stop his heart and restart it to get the rate down, he reported that the 2nd time they had to do it (it didn't lower his heart rate when they restarted his heart the 1st time) he found himself peacefully floating on the ceiling and observing everything that was going on at *his* bedside. He told them exactly what everyone was doing and saying while he was clinically dead. He said when they used the defibrillator pads to restart his heart the 2nd time, he slammed back into his body. He said it made it so he was no longer afraid of dying.
He passed at the end of last October and I know I'll see him again when I get there.
Fascinating chapter!
Thanks!
Detsella Morningdew chapter 1 . 5/28/2021
I don't drink, but I can tell even visually that American beer is terrible compared to European versions.

And if it's anything like American vs. European cheeses... yeah. "American food" is something I consider an insult, not a legitimate flavor.

America only has the advantage of being an amalgamation of a lot of different things, so you can often get a lot of variety. But there's a big problem with cheap things and monopolies.
1,551 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »