Reviews for Making Verses
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
A great story. Very well written.
shine lots chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
I really like it. I find it . I've just finished reading that part of the book, and appreciate your take on Lindir all the more. Which Saelbeth?
dreamflower02 chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
Here from Shirebound's rec! This was quite funny!

And flammifer is indeed a word. It's a type of banner.
RavenLady chapter 1 . 3/15/2005
Very amusing. I always wondered why the Elves were so polite about Bilbo's poetry, and what they really thought. :-)
Acharnae chapter 1 . 10/27/2004
You have such a way to write Elves - they're very much like I imagine them to be, not unkind, but prone to being a bit arrogant. Understandable, given their immortality and age and superior facilities. And this is pretty much how I imagened the elves in that scene, especially Linidir, from the book.

Incidently, you do a great job at piecing book dialogue into your own writing without the effect being clumsy, not an easy feat.

Love Glorfindel's line about going straight back to the Halls of Mandos.
Macilwen chapter 1 . 12/1/2003
Hey, no fair! Well, yours isn't precisely like mine, but still . . .
's good.
Soledad chapter 1 . 10/23/2003
That was very funny. I see you like Lindir, too. Small wonder; he is eminently loveable.
Tinni chapter 1 . 10/6/2003
You know I spent the whole morning looking for this and than just when I stopped looking there is was. Very good story. I like a lot.
Cotume of Doriath chapter 1 . 10/2/2003
Loved that line about Glorfy threatening to go back to the Halls of Mandos and the part about the Elfstone bit being "as obvious as a Yrch's stench".
Elf of Sirannon chapter 1 . 5/8/2003
Brilliant! Filling in the gaps, saying what Tolkien was too polite to reveal. I always got the feeling Lindir was a bit of a cranky old Elf. :-)
Daisy Brambleburr chapter 1 . 5/8/2003
Lol, the elves are very sarcastic! I always wondered what they would truly make of Bilbo's poetry.

Good work,

Love Daisy
Gingerbeer chapter 1 . 5/8/2003
Heh, nice bit of humour about the lay of EƤrendil, which I always quite liked. Rather out of character for Elves, of course, but then, this is a parody.

I like the bit about Glorfindel and the Balrog as well. He might well be sick of that story by now.

(Oh, and I'm pretty sure "flammifer" is a word. A very pretty one at that.)
Hellga chapter 1 . 5/8/2003
Oh, that gave me bad mental images "Lindir as an ambassador to Tom Bombadil" Ek!

Love you characters!
Tindomiel chapter 1 . 5/8/2003
great! humor and wit all rolled into one
ellbee chapter 1 . 5/8/2003
That sheep line of Lindir's has always made me cringe, it's so much like "Them n* all look alike," as to make my teeth hurt. And I can definitely see them thinking these things, but I am sorry to see them indulging themselves at poor Bilbo's expense. And he thought they LIKED it. -Ell