Reviews for Dive
SunnySides chapter 4 . 8/31
I need more like this fic. Megamind is human only in four limbs and one head. Please have fun with his biology. Do more AUs! Maybe he wasn’t the only one to survive the black hole? Please, you’re an awesome writer and I need more!
Ja ne Kat chapter 4 . 8/29
God I love your Megamind stories. Always done off the best. And this is darling. I also kinda love that in this Wayne knows them well enough to know when they are actually distressed. Which would be a kinda cool follow up. It feels more like rivals that way. Something that could be friendship. Pfft now I'm picturing Wayne as Roxanne's man of honour working with minion since he's clearly best man/ fish.
joanhello chapter 4 . 8/27
Me too to everything other reviewers have said about this chapter. Also I like the use of “Diamonds and Rust” and their different familiarity with different versions. More good hurt/comfort here, and I like the bit with the slippers. “Always useful to keep an old pair on-hand in case of acid spills.” Like, clearly, he gets up in the middle of the night and does chemistry in his nightclothes. And him using the saltwater pool to calm down; too many SF writers treat nonhuman biological needs as merely physical, with no emotional functions. Nice touch having Roxanne actually need to persuade Megamind that she loves him just because his low self-esteem is such a huge barrier to his understanding.
Thank you for writing this.
OceansGratitude chapter 4 . 8/26
Fantastic job with this! You completed a story in just 4 chapters! And I’m so happy to see you writing again, because you’re really one of the best.
All the details with the biology and swimming are engaging and consistent. One thing I wonder... if Megamind is propelling himself by intaking and shooting out water... where is it shooting out? And how does Roxanne not feel it? XD I’m glad you didn’t go into too much detail there, but my immature brain is having a field day.
Metroman’s casual cameo was fun, and the ending was very romantic and charming. Thanks for writing!
joanhello chapter 3 . 8/26
The conversation with Metro Man really captured his frivolous side. Roxanne doing a therapeutic handicraft while she waits is an appropriate extension of her character. And of course Minion's suits all have an eject button, just like the one in Megamind's giant battle suit in the movie. And Roxanne wanting to know all about how he escaped, and to reconstruct the situation in her mind so that she understood what was really going on is just her being a nosy reporter.

But her taking his hand in the water like that, that is fresh and sweet. The whole thing with the necklaces, the delicate and tentative beginnings of a connection, is just perfect. And I love the way you've constructed Megamind's respiratory biology. The jargon reinforces both his aliennness and his intelligence. I like the way he focuses on practical matters to avoid dealing with emotional ones.

Once they get to the lair, you get a nice mutual hurt/comfort thing going on with each of them minimizing their own hurt and trying to take care of the other. I keep wanting to tell them to get some calories first, restore their depleted blood sugar.

I can't help but be curious what a bed for Minion would look like. Does he lie down and pretend to be human? Wouldn't that interfere with the machinery on the back of his suit? Or does he just want to have a bed because it makes him feel like a person even though he doesn't use it?

Of course Megamind has a moray eel. They look so menacing.
AlejandrLelian chapter 1 . 8/24
Thann you veeeeryy much for this wonderful fic! i didn't expect people to still write in this fandom so that was a great surprise! you deal very well with all the character's emotions, very pleasant to read!
Falling-Pixie chapter 4 . 8/23
I'm honestly so glad there are people still writing Fanfiction about Megamind! This was amazingly written as well. I know you said it was a quick write but it's wonderful! Their characterization and thought process is perfect. I am a little partial to Megamind having an aquatic side, and you really went all out with it. I love it.
I was DYING when you had Megamind drown like that. I knew he was going to live, just from your AN and him being able to breathe underwater was my guess, but I was still beside myself. It was torture! I even fist pumped when he started explaining the plan haha
artistgirl12 chapter 4 . 8/21
Lmao minion playing matchmaker.

Ah what a satisfying fic. Hell yes.
freegirl333 chapter 4 . 8/21
Hshddhd I hope you make more
Elf Kid2.0 chapter 4 . 8/21
This is lovely and wonderful and beautiful and an absolute delight! Thank You so much for writing this!

I love the feelings. I love the respect of boundaries, and the hugs, and Minion keeping a discreet distance (but also spying via security cameras; why am I not surprised...). The hugs and the kisses and the confessions of love were an absolute joy to read! It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

This is excellent. Truly, truly excellent and sweet and good and wonderful and comforting and excellent, and I have enjoyed it very much. Thank You so much for writing this!
Ardina Falconhurst chapter 4 . 8/21
The best I can say is squeeing in happiness...loud happy sounds. This was a great chapter and I'm so glad they were able to get here without any big misunderstandings or taking forever. That works in some stories but I was so glad they were a bit faster with it, tho almost dying tends to make situations like this come about sooner I suppose? Anyhow I loved this chapter, Minion was great too, and I can't wait to read more. Keep up the great work!
KBJones chapter 4 . 8/21
Ah, what a nice ending.
ArthurIsAwesome chapter 3 . 8/20
This fic is absolutely destroying my soul and then simultaneously filling it with joy. If that makes sense. The new chapter was soooo good. Cant wait for the next! Thank you!
Space Dimentio chapter 3 . 8/20
Man I can't wait to read more of this! I'm a sucker for this movie and pairing; I just recently reread all your fics and I'm dying squirtle
Vorsith chapter 3 . 8/20
They are safe! She told Metro Man to take a hike!
But ...PRICE IS STILL ALIVE! UNNNAAACCCEEEPPTTAAABBLEE!
Lol.
Great story, I'm enjoying this!