Reviews for Academia
VickyVicarious chapter 5 . 7/19/2010
I LOVE this story, you know that? It is the best TP story out there, and everything about it is awesome. I keep coming back and reading it and absolutely loving it, and every single time, I think the following:

WHEN is it going to be updated already?

...I really like this fic a lot. So I'll do the shameless begging thing now. Please update soon - or ever.
TheWatcherandReader chapter 5 . 3/27/2010
I find it tremendously disappointing that you've seen fit to leave this in what seems to be permanent hiatus, along with goodness know how many other fics. It's your prerogative, obviously, but... it's saddening, especially seeing as you still seem to be active, albeit in a different account. And as to why you would deem this to be of "terrible quality" I have no clue.

I suppose that I should stop my complaining and get on with thing, though. I liked where you were pushing this, especially in regards to Doppler and Amelia. A wonderfully fascinating dynamic, the further development of which I shall never get to see... ahem.

Grammar is solid, or at least to the point where I don't care to nitpick unless something leaps out at me. You seem to have had a bit of confusion as to formatting; one chapter indented, another not. Consistency is nice for such things.

Honestly, there's not much more for me to say, as I prefer the linguistic side of things when I'm reviewing. However, as one last observation, I would love for you to continue this. Anywho, good show 'n' -this last part is more a signature than it is a strange form of coercion- keep on updating.
PsychoPencilOfDOOM chapter 5 . 3/12/2009
Meep! The AxD parts are by far my favorite parts Sure, I'm a fan of AxD mush, so that's not really surprising.

There's something with your writing style... it kind of has a sharp edge about it, keeping it interesting. Intoxicating, truly. The language is absolutely brilliant, not the typical plain and simple words but flawed out with profession.

Anyway, I hope you will update this! Oh, and more DxA mush! You write them very well! Truly, I'd like to see you handle them more, they are actually quite hard to write, done correctly. Sheers to you for succeeding, I enjoyed it very much!
Saturn's Hikari chapter 5 . 5/13/2006
JIM!

;. I just watched Treasure planet, and being the sad little reader I am went right online to find fanfiction.

And this Makes me SOO HAPPY!

*dances*

And I won't ask you to update, b/c I know that's really hard at times and RL is evil, but i'm just letting you know I really really like this.

And the little extracts are wonderful! Delberts was so cute and I sdore your Jim because he's IC and so very very Jim.

And there's alien background! I love background. I love this!

:D

Any love interest for jim? I think I might be either really happy or really sad. Sad b/c love always ruins the good charactsd but happy b/c I think, from what I've read so far, that you're a wonderful writer and that whatever you do with Jim will be great.

*love*
Lotte chapter 5 . 2/20/2006
I know you probably don't even check this anymore, but I just had to let you know how impressed and pleased I am at the quality of your writing, the amount of detail you put in it, and the overall sense of humor. It's just fantastic. And in case you care, I think you do a great job of capturing the characters. Captain Amelia is wonderful. What a pleasant experience!
Fleetfoot chapter 5 . 1/23/2006
Looking very good so far!

Can't wait to read more!
D'Vita chapter 1 . 11/14/2005
Haven't had time to read all of this, but I already stand in awe! I read this first chapter and realized my style is almost this extensive and detailed!

The only thing I might suggest is that, in places, the sheer wordiness is a tad overwhelming, and if you shortened some things up, restated them a little less eloqunently (it's a necessary sacrifice, sometimes) the whole thing would flow better. Just pluck out a few adjectives here and there, and we'll still be flabbergasted by your vocabulary.

-D'Vita
KillBunny chapter 5 . 4/12/2005
oh! very interesting! what's gonna happen next? i must know! keep up the good work!
Sugaricing chapter 5 . 7/31/2004
This is such a wonderful fic i'm going to curl up and shrivel pathetically. My writing is so trivial compared to yours..._

I am marrying this fic. *Nod*
SugarIcing chapter 5 . 2/6/2004
This is funny, amazingly well written, and all together a story I am adding to my favorites. This story kicks major butt, and I am waiting with baited breath for you to continue. Himu's not very nice. But Jim showed her.
Go Jim!
Please continue as quickly as humanely possible!
Icing :P
VikM chapter 1 . 9/4/2003
I finally got around to reading this story and I have to admit that I was VERY impressed with the quality of the writing. You have such a strong, descriptive writing style (it reminds me a bit of Team Bonet's fics). You've done an excellent job capturing Captain Amelia's quirky personality and I like how you've embellished Sarah Hawkins. It was amusing that Sarah ended up the galley (where else could she have gone on a ship?)

My only quibble is with the formatting as I find the long description/dialogue paragraphes rather difficult to digest. I'd like to see you format your writing more like Tmyres77's (with most of the dialogue broken up into separate lines - makes it much easier to read).

I see that you've not updated your story in a few months and I hope that you'll eventually come back and finish this story as it was very good! Great job!
Emery Saks chapter 5 . 8/27/2003
Academia! Woe is me! Where have you gone? You were such a good story and now you sit, untouched. The masses are saddened. :(

But good fic takes time. So with patience we wait. The horn of Academia will sound once again.

(Been watching "LOTR: The Towers at work!)

Looking forward to the new chapters!
Shadowed Outcast chapter 6 . 7/31/2003
very enjoyable fanfic but in some places is a bit hard to read because of paragraph length or how you have phrased certain sentences. otherwise is great, really liking it.X.
killslay chapter 6 . 7/26/2003
This story is just wonderful! The characters are actually kept in character, the spelling and grammer is readable and correct, the style is fresh and exciting, the humor actually made me roll off my chair several times, and there are no Mary Sues! I hope that Silver may make an appearance in the future, but I guess the whole story's up to you. You mentioned in the beginning that Jim got expelled several times; did Himu have something to do with it?
Freddy K chapter 2 . 7/1/2003
My my, each paragraph intigues me more and more. You are a born story teller and such a gifted writer. Have you ever thought of writing a book?

Constructive critism indeed! I cannot even began to critisize anything you've written. Why, taking a look at my own fanfictions, I realise that I am nothing compared to you. Your vocabulary is out of this world, and your writing style screams orginal. Never in my days of reading have I ever come across someone as remarkable as you.