Reviews for Almost Home
Lord of Kavaka chapter 18 . 11/12/2019
Marvelous epilogue. I feels like a full circle. “Now we match” had me choking hope. I’m glad they survived that chaos and remained together through it all. Always.

Thanks for writing and sharing this story with us, Raina. Always and forever a fan of your Caskett stories!

- Travis
Lord of Kavaka chapter 17 . 11/12/2019
I got a kick out of Castle asking Kate out to the Hamptons, even using some of the same enticements as in canon, but this time there is no Demming in the way and Caskett are together. Understand Beckett’s reticence at having Castle return to following her. She loves him and would be devastated if something happened again, probably blame herself. Nice to see the precinct crew through him a “welcome back” party and how Kate wasn’t as shy as I expected about displaying some PDA in the bullpen. I liked the ending. Caskett in love and heading away for a three day getaway in the Hamptons.
Lord of Kavaka chapter 16 . 11/11/2019
Yay. That was a nice morning after for them. I liked the similarities to AFTER THE STORM, with Kate bringing him coffee dressed in nothing but his shirt.
Lord of Kavaka chapter 15 . 11/11/2019
I agree. Even though it was not what they’d planned the gala turned into their first date. I liked how Kate “handled” Gina. And really liked how she couldn’t keep her hands off him in the limo ride back to the lost. Also it was really nice of Alexis and Martha to vacate the premises so that Caskett could consummate their love in privacy.
Dominic Flandry chapter 18 . 11/11/2019
I love AU stories where a change in events brings them to their senses sooner. And this story is a great addition to that little sub-genre that I'm certain to re-read from my favorites list. It's well conceived and well written. Thanks for a wonderful story.
Lord of Kavaka chapter 14 . 11/10/2019
Oh I love it how Alexis is thoroughly pro-Caskett and goes all fairy godmother on Kate, taking her to get an appropriate gown and acquiring a ticket to the gala.
Lord of Kavaka chapter 13 . 11/9/2019
Yay for Alexis working to salvage her Dad’s and Kate’s evening so they can have their first date.
Lord of Kavaka chapter 12 . 11/8/2019
Castle meeting Demming. Awkward. He did have a right to be a little jealous as even in a previous chapter Kate admitted to herself that her heart skipped a bit when Demming looked at her, so she did feel a mild pull of attraction. And yes. Caskett really hadn’t discussed things openly so of course Castle didn’t know where they stood. Glad that’s cleared up now and they’re sharing their first kiss.
Lord of Kavaka chapter 11 . 11/8/2019
Oh how he drew a bath for her. So sweet. Also the intimacy of him then sitting along side as they talked about the case. They’re definitely on the precipice of diving into a relationship. And Kate’s talk with Maddie might just have been the nudge she needed. Glad you also got the “making little Castle babies” line into this chapter.
Lord of Kavaka chapter 10 . 11/7/2019
Yes. I’m so happy she came back and after speaking with Alexis went straight for Castle’s room and crawled into bed with him. Glad she’s finally embracing her feelings and even, at the end of the chapter, reciprocating the words Castle said not knowing she was still awake. Looking forward to seeing how this develops from here.
SeannysMom chapter 18 . 11/4/2019
Wonderful and beautiful story ! Thank you
CKL chapter 18 . 11/4/2019
So beautiful. TY
cecimartin chapter 18 . 10/31/2019
Another wonderful story, thank you!
Lord of Kavaka chapter 9 . 10/30/2019
Ooh, I liked the talk between Alexis and Kate. She knows there is more going on between Detective Beckett and her father, than even the pair have admitted. Castle being jealous of Demming without even being at the precinct during the case was great. Even Kate should know by now that it wasn’t about being replaced in the team. Kate shaving his face was highly intimate and because it’s Caskett it was probably also sensual and arousing. Glad Castle asserted his desire to be more than a partner and more than a friend. Kate’s reaction was typical. Hope she doesn’t take too long to realize her own feelings are a match with his.
ctf20 chapter 18 . 10/25/2019
I don’t review on here as often as I should, usually end up with a twitter review:) but I want to start putting them here.

I LOVED this fic. So well written and always felt in character (I mean you always nail that part).

Loved the gala idea and that next chapter. Takes me longer to read these sometimes cause once I hit the end of a chapter I’ll just go straight back and read it again.

Beautiful as always.
Thank you for still writing them. I’ll always be here for a good multi-chapter bravevulnerability fic!

CastleAddict