Reviews for The Wrackspurt Infestation
evan17w chapter 12 . 8/9/2020
Wonderful fic! Loved both Ginny's and Luna's chacterizations.
dreamflower02 chapter 12 . 1/24/2020
I am so impressed by this lovely story exploring Ginny after the CoS, and her burgeoning friendship with Luna. It's pretty close to perfect.
Guest chapter 6 . 10/18/2019
Really good so far. Nice to read Ginny's viewpoint and see her and Luna's fledgling friendship
DRWPJT chapter 12 . 10/19/2019
Really loved this story from start to finish. Beautiful and uplifting ending with the dialogue about wrackspurts. Great job all round.
KelseyGallant chapter 12 . 10/18/2019
I’m sad that it’s over but I think you ended it very well. I like that it ends with Ginny and Luna talking together and how Luna comments that Ginny’s Wrackspurts are looking better. And how she’s able to use the strategies that Healer Eze taught her to get through her worst panic attack yet, and that experience helps her start feeling more confident about the whole thing. The story is just so beautiful and the ending ties everything together really well.

You did a great job in this chapter merging your own writing with exactly how everything happens in the book, from the dialogue in the train compartment, to the way everything happens with the Dementor, to the part where Ginny and her mom and Hermione are giggling about a love potion Mrs. Weasley made when she was younger. You paid attention to every little detail and I really appreciate that!

Everything about this story was perfect. I’m so happy hear that you plan on writing more and I look forward to reading them!
KelseyGallant chapter 11 . 10/12/2019
I like the backstory of how Healer Eze ended up bringing therapy to St. Mungo’s. And I love the conversation between Ginny and Hermione. In the books, we get the idea that they’re friends with each other, but we never get to see their interactions outside of what Harry sees, so I enjoyed getting to see some of that here. And the lines “I accidentally turned myself into half a cat” and “It sounded like something Luna would do, but on purpose” made me laugh.

Ah, and a nice, normal diary for her to write her thoughts and feelings in! That’s a good idea.
KelseyGallant chapter 10 . 10/6/2019
I like the conversation between Ginny and her parents, and her thought process as she’s considering the idea of therapy. The part about the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office being literally a repurposed broom cupboard made me laugh, as did the part where Mr. Weasley started asking Healer Eze about what it was like working in the Muggle world. I loved the anecdote about Ginny breaking her arm, and how Healer Eze used that to explain that “therapy isn’t for fixing people. I like to think of it as giving people different tools to deal with different things that may have happened or may be happening in their lives.” That is the perfect way to explain it and it sounds like Healer Eze is going to be a very good therapist.
Stoty lover94 chapter 10 . 10/5/2019
It's nice.. it would be good if magical world has therapy.. may be Harry should try it by advice of Ginny ... Afterall he has so many dreadful issues, especially after 4th year.. it's a great story.. don't stop.. keep coming
BizarreBookworm chapter 1 . 10/4/2019
Everything about this story is beautiful! Looking at this time from Ginny’s perspective is brilliant, and I love Ginny and Luna’s interactions️
KelseyGallant chapter 9 . 9/29/2019
I’m really enjoying watching Ginny and Luna’s friendship develop more and more as the story continues. Luna is right there when Ginny needs her. I especially liked the conversation about Luna’s mom and the Chamber of Secrets. Luna’s unique reaction (or non-reaction, considering what Ginny was expecting) and her subsequent questions and story are exactly what Ginny needed.
KelseyGallant chapter 8 . 9/28/2019
Oh yeah, the Weasleys’ trip to Egypt at the beginning of the 3rd book! I had forgotten about that!

This story just keeps getting better and better. The family dynamics and character interactions are great, as always. I really like the details you added about some of the things they did on their trip and what Bill’s job actually entails. Ginny’s worries and anxiety about being in the tombs are very realistic, and her parents are great at reassuring her and helping her through her struggles. And I love how you incorporated some of what Ron wrote to Harry in his letter, such as Fred and George trying to shut Percy in a secret passage, and how “Mum didn’t let Ginny go in the last tomb.” I was smiling as I read the part about how Ginny and her parents had actually planned that together; that’s brilliant. And I like how she chooses a cobra as her souvenir, and how the end of the chapter links back to her conversation with Luna.
hanna92ddahl chapter 8 . 9/27/2019
grete chapter
KelseyGallant chapter 7 . 9/22/2019
Ugh, what an awful feeling, that feeling of not wanting to do anything but lay in bed, and then wanting to get up and do something but not knowing what, and getting caught in that cycle… uggggh, I’m glad Ginny’s mom, the cheering concoction, and going to Luna’s were able to help with that!

I liked Ron’s attempt to give her tea; his mannerisms and way of speaking were very in-character.

I love the descriptions of Luna’s house, and I’m excited to see how their bowtruckle and nargle hunting goes!
Soulsilver chapter 6 . 9/13/2019
I really liked it.
Ginny needs that time to recover and come to terms with what happened and the books didn't go into that.
I'm looking forward to what happens next!
KelseyGallant chapter 6 . 9/13/2019
Ahh, so much to love about this chapter! I like the mention of Demelza Robbins at the beginning, and Ginny’s somewhat conflicted feelings about going home.

“Once back at home, once Dad had deposited her trunk into her bedroom, ruffled her hair, and run back down the stairs to help Ron with his; once she could hear her mother chopping vegetables and moving pots and pans around with a flick of her wand; once the old ghoul in the attic gave a loud clang against the pipes; once she could hear the familiar cracks of noise coming from the twins’ room; once she looked out her bedroom window across the apple orchards turning golden in the setting sunlight—she turned around, closed her bedroom door, fell face-first onto her bed, and sobbed.” This is so perfectly written; I can clearly envision it all and imagine how she’s feeling. Everything is the same. But everything is different. It’s so hard to go back to normal after living through trauma.

I found the line about “Fred’s—no, George’s—broom” amusing.

“Her own mother, on the other hand, was likely to be up any minute now, what with the first clear rays of sunshine that were starting to spill over the horizon.” Yes, that sounds like Mrs. Weasley! Up with the sun and immediately getting busy.

Melopmene MacFayden, Muggle Investigator—that’s great! Definitely sounds like something kids from wizarding families would read.

I love the dynamics among all the members of the Weasley family, and the noisy dinner with everyone talking at once. It’s very authentic. And Fred and George’s horrible jokes made me crack up!

The scene at the end with Ginny and her mom is so touching and sweet. I like how her mom comforts her and shares her own story of a really tough time she went through.