Reviews for This Year's Boy
RudyHenkel chapter 12 . 6/21
Just binged this, excellent story! I'm so happy to see quality Buffy fics still being made, especially with some of my favorite characters featured!
Starway Man chapter 12 . 6/11
You started off fairly well, giving us insight into Faith's mind while she was stuck in Xander's body - it wasn't a pretty picture, of course, but then I never expected it to be; the girl was really messed up back then. In the next scene with Xander-in-Faith, you gave us some interesting hints and Willow/Tara, and then the Xander/Anya conversation - I found the ex-demon's line about monotheism being responsible for modern day beliefs regarding prudish people rather amusing, well done there.

And when you moved on to Cordelia and her inner thoughts? You definitely caught my eye about her father hiding in South America instead of being in a federal prison for tax fraud, it made me wonder if that was a significant plot point for later in the story! Not to mention her thoughts about how many manacles Angel had, and whether Soul Boy and Buffy used to play 'mistress of the dungeon', that was another great line. Cordelia's suspicious nature regarding what the wet works team was planning, and her insights regarding the evil lawyers and the prisoner exchange, were also written well. And nice cliffhanger ending, you just knew that the excrement is about to hit the rotating blades! Looking forward to more soon.
firemaster101 chapter 11 . 5/6
Yay the fic is alive. It's weird they barely mention xanders body. It feels like it would be a reoccurring thing you know.
Starway Man chapter 11 . 5/6
Fairly good chapter, I enjoyed reading Cordelia's POV of things - the fights against the demons, the incredulity and exasperation that the supernatural annoying echoed the normal world in such a way, and of course the conversation with the Xander-in-Faith and Anya...especially Anya's crack that Xander was very good in bed (in his male body, anyway) and Cordy's sceptism about that. Well, now that the three hostages are in play, I look forward to the attempted prisoner exchange (and how it'll doubtless go wrong, somehow!).
m149 chapter 10 . 1/6
Can't wait for the next chapter. Great work
Starway Man chapter 10 . 12/26/2020
It's good to see an update on this story, and there was some excellent action scenes in this chapter - the whole flying bullets and close quarters combat stuff was written fairly nicely, well done. I also liked the way you wrote everything from Xander's POV - how much he hated the Orpheus drug and its dealers, how disturbed he was over the way that Smith guy could easily kill people, and even the feelings of relief as he succeeded in his mission with that captive vampire. I look forward to more soon!
James Birdsong chapter 9 . 11/29/2020
Excellent
Bigou chapter 9 . 11/12/2020
Glad to see this story is still alive and kicking! Another good chapter, please keep up the good work.
firemaster101 chapter 9 . 11/11/2020
Yay its back
Starway Man chapter 9 . 11/11/2020
Great to see an update on this story! You started off okay with the big pow-wow between the Scoobies, the Fang Gang and the three (Council) stooges, and I definitely liked how Xander's bullshit detector went off right towards the end of that part. The second half with the plan to grab Wolfram & Hart to use as leverage wasn't too bad, either. The end with Xander asking what the Orpheus drug was...I'm not sure if that was foreshadowing on something bad happening later on, but I look forward to finding out!
Ninja Master chapter 2 . 10/20/2020
Another great chapter
Ninja Master chapter 1 . 10/2/2020
Great so far.
firemaster101 chapter 8 . 7/24/2020
Oooh untrsting that xanders back with anya
Starway Man chapter 8 . 7/24/2020
I liked the heart to heart conversation Cordelia and Xander-in-Faith had, before Lilah's phone call. And I also liked Cordy's reply about not accepting that particular lawyer as a client, no matter how hopeless she was! The blackmail over the phone went pretty much as expected, but you did well with the 'we start cutting off body parts' angle, and later, the discussion by the white hats...nice Batman reference, and I *was* kinda surprised over how calmly they considered killing Faith! And the teaser at the end regarding the wet works team...no, that doesn't have 'upcoming disaster' written all over it, at all! Anyway, good job overall, and looking forward to more!
m149 chapter 7 . 6/22/2020