Reviews for The Turnaround
Leila Winters chapter 22 . 6/2/2023
I know this is on hiatus, but I really enjoyed reading this! I like the alternate universe you built and the romance between our protagonists. The tension is great and pays off when things get steamier *wink*. Hope you find some inspiration to continue writing someday!
CrystalWatersXo chapter 22 . 5/11/2023
This has been en incredible read! I really hope you will upload the rest of this, I'd love to finish it!
Fancatdog chapter 22 . 4/28/2023
Love love love can’t wait to see what happen next. I hope you come back and continue the story. I want to see how it ends. It’s so good the way you, portray, Eugene, Rapunzel
Crazy Cheshire Cat Lady chapter 1 . 7/10/2021
I don't know if you've abandoned this story, you've decided to take a break from writing or your struggling with where you want to go with this but I really hope you come back to it. I really like how you've managed to keep almost every el of the movie, I don't think I've ever seen it done as well. If you are struggling with ideas, I can't say I have any great ones but I do have request; what if Eugene goes back to the shelter and adopts Pascal as a surprise for Rapunzel? I hope you are able to come to this story soon, I can't wait to see where you take it next.
Cupcake chapter 22 . 3/16/2021
Omg how have I not read this before is beyond me! This is such an amazing AU! You capture their emotions so well! It makes me feel what they feels! Kudos to you!

I do hope you’re feeling up to it to continue
TheJDSgames chapter 22 . 3/9/2021
This is very good so far. Very well written.
keeparecordofthewreckage chapter 22 . 1/25/2021
I'm not sure why, but modern New Dream AU's always bothered me. For years, they were a little nitpicky pet peeve of mine. I really have no idea why. UNTIL YESTERDAY when I decided to give this story a shot! My goodness, I love the storyline! Please, if you have time or inspiration, consider updating! Its a wonderful story and I really enjoyed reading it the last few days.
Waitinginthewing chapter 19 . 10/15/2020
Hi, I hope things are going well for you. :) I know its not the best time to ask for an update, but I really miss your story. I miss your beautiful writing that just transports this reader into a world of love and understanding. The way you portray Eugene and Rapunzel is so realistic and raw. I know its hard to find the inspiration now that TTS has ended, among other things. I hope this review finds you well and maybe an update will follow. If its not the best time, I completely understand and wish the best for you. Sorry if this is a little heavy. Thank you for all 22 chapters, take care! 3
Guest chapter 22 . 9/20/2020
Update any time soon? ):
In-Watermelon-Sugar chapter 22 . 9/13/2020
What a delightful escape this has been from the dreary real world! I hope Rapunzel can move to a place where she can adopt the rotund and lazy-eyed Pascal. I have no idea what to expect when she meets her parents, but I look forward to what you come up with. Thank you!
Lover chapter 1 . 9/3/2020
This is amazing! Cannot wait for the next chapter! Take care!
PurpleRock chapter 22 . 9/1/2020
Okay, I just finished re-reading this story for like... idk I lost track already lol It is one of my favorite newer New Dream fics.

Just reading the anxiety that Rapunzel is going through between meeting her real parents, work, and keeping Eugene away from Cass, causes me to feel her anxiety.

I love how these last few fics were more Rapunzel-centric. And I gotta ask, how do you do it?! I find writing in Rapunzel's pov is hard! Lol I just love exploring her trauma, yet its hard to write about her like that lol.

I have a lot of theories in how meeting her parents will play off, amongs other things.

Including; her and her parents having the typical emotional meeting and Eugene getting along with them. Maybe they do stay in her life, but sees them occasionally. Seeing as Eugene is her new home. Maybe they wanted to meet her, but then they notice Eugene is Flynn so they probably aren't as accepting to her. Or they don't care about Eugene's past, but they want her to live with them, so now Rapunzel has to choose between both.

There's some theories about how Cass would react when she finds out who Eugene really is too.

Anyways, I hope you're doing well! Can't wait for the next update, when its ready, of course!
Monica chapter 22 . 8/7/2020
I'm so glad you're writing this again. This has become one of my favorite New Dream fics. Can't wait for the next chapter!
guest chapter 22 . 8/5/2020
just binge read the whole thing tonight! i love modern aus of tangled bc i relate to her story so much! this one is great, so excited to see it continue!
Waitinginthewing chapter 22 . 7/22/2020
Thank you so much for updating so soon! I look forward to it, and check every day for updates :)

So sorry if life is hard for you right now. Please know you are not alone, it's hard for a lot of us out here. Hopefully things will get better soon.

Excellent chapter and thank you so much for the things I love about your story. Namely: Eugene, *sigh* he's perfect. So many great little details, like Eugene shirtless a lot of the time ;) And Rapunzel's state of mind, just fantastic! You have always written her with such realistic emotions.

You have consistently portrayed these two characters interactions and feelings so nuanced, deftly handling their individual experiences as if they were real people finding what they needed in each other.

Every chapter beautifully written, so much attention to detail. Gritty, raw, emotional, funny, quirky, sad, happy and so much love put into every word.

Thank you again for this wonderful story. And things will get better for you. Take care, stay safe and no rush to finish the next chapter; I'll be patiently waiting in the wings, sending positive thoughts your way.