Reviews for The Best Revenge
LazyNezumi chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
Awwww gave me a chuckle ;D
Alexa1993 chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
very sweet
The Creatress chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
AW! great story! and i luved that SOMEBODY finally made him DADA professor while giving mione snape's old job! THANK U! i thought i would be the only one to ever do that! also, i luved that snippet at the ending - "professor meets student..." hehehe...
Rickmanlover24601 chapter 1 . 7/10/2005
My fav. bit: A "imple" story of boy meets girl. Absolutely adore that paragraph. Superb writing as usual.
BabyRuth chapter 1 . 3/18/2005
this part is funny,“Ah, my dear,” he smiled as he grabbed her hand and kissed it, “it is the simple story of boy meets girl. Well, perhaps it would be more accurate to say professor meets student…student is an insufferable know-it-all…professor gets many headaches…student hates professor…professor despises student’s friends…student discovers professor is really a former Death Eater and current spy…student becomes co-worker…meddlesome Headmaster takes it upon himself to make professor’s life a living hell…”

Please update soon
LSMunch chapter 1 . 1/18/2005
Funny last couple paragraphs. Love it, as usual.
Parody-of-an-Angel chapter 1 . 6/11/2004
Brilliant! STUPID CRITICS!
droxy chapter 1 . 1/19/2004
very cute
ScriptorBemi chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
And the two words to describe it are: Unbearably Cute! And I hate the "C" word!
aurora borealis1 chapter 1 . 10/23/2003
Aw, how sweet. Very cute little scene. Bad reviews *do* tend to get you down... :-/
KittyCatBlack chapter 1 . 10/17/2003
Perfecto! I loved this. Utterly graceful!

I love your writing. keep up the fantastic writing!

*Cat*
smoke chapter 1 . 8/4/2003
Ok, I didn't want to put my comments about this fic: it is the one I like the least.

Because I am a reviewer? hm I don't think so. It is just a little ficlet, born from a moment of yours, how to answer to a flame without starting a row I suppose.

It is rather personal, and probably you like it but for a casual reader it is not very interesting.

Ok I said it, and now? will you kill me? I hope not (remember I LOVE the price of redemption, I LOVE a lot of your fics based on the GrangerSnape pairing, and I adore Tonks and Snape together, could you forgive me if I don't love this single fic?).

"... proceeded to sit down on his lap"

I like and dislike this thing.

I like it because it gives an idea of intimacy and lets you think that this marriage is working very very well, despite all the things people might ever say about the age difference and the student/teacher relationship.

I dislike it because she is not a baby, and the honeymoon was ended about two years ago.

Would she really sit in his lap like she was a baby? Strange.

It gives an idea it is a not a "peer relationship", too; but I am not judgin this book on my personal moral premises.

All the acts between this couple are nice, but weird: she is acting like a kid playing with her grandfather who spoiled her terribly. Has it sense for you?

Or as she has a nice new dog (not a lapdog but a powerful fierce grumpy big very big dog) and she is making him jump, lay down and do all the usual tricks lapdogs are used to doing.

A tad too playful and beaming.

"...critics are like eunuchs, they know how to but they can’t."

The sentence is nice and probably true.

A critic could answer you that you don't need to be a cook to understand there's too much salt in your soup, but this coul lead ony to a meaningless brawl.

Anyway I understand the feeling. In my country there's another saying "chi non fa non sbaglia" who doesn't do anything, can't make mistakes" (more or less).

The parallelism eunuch-critics is interesting however. Love and sex are powerful things, not sharing too much with rationaliy and rules, or technical knowledge.

"Well, that was rather harsh and anything but constructive"

I understand very well Hermione. Me too I wanted constructive remarks about my only chaptered fic, I pleaded for them, I drooled for them, I really wanted someone reliable to explain me why and where the fic didn't work.

What people were understanding from what I was writing? The writer has everything very clear in his/her mind, but the reader doesn't... so where are the most blatant breaches in mutual understanding?

Anyway, this is a pityful wish, the "constructive criticism": you should be critised only by competent readers and reviewers and it is not possible.

It is a student syndrome somehow: your teacher, unless he is a cad, tries to explain you what you did in the wrong way, which was the correct answer and so on. He or she, they are paid for this. Like a bus conductor must do all he stops, ride carefully and explain you how to reach a certain place, an average teacher knows that giving tactful advice, halting at every weak point and giving the right directions is his/her work.

But when you publish a story the reader is not your teacher: you told him (metaphorically speaking of course) "read me! This stuff is good! You will enjoy this fic a lot" like the pictures of interesting dishes of a McDonald.

The reader trusted you, but found the food stale, what should he do? Politely explain you what he didn't actually like? And if he is not able to point the fake points? If he only has a general feeling of disgoust? We must force him to become a competent critic, a text analyser, and a tactful writer? All in the five minutes a review takes usually?

A pityful dream, not reality.

And the reader could retort: "Were you the author tactful with me? did you give me the pleasure you promised me? Were you accurate in your descriptions? Did you do YOUR job well?"

An endless quarell.

Now I think that constructive criticism is a gift, not something to take for granted.

I thank those who help me and I accept the general dislike of other people: no one can be liked by all the world.

Ok, my personal ideas.

" ...pompous buffoon, who obviously demonstrates having serious issues with the universe in general..."

In my country, my grandmother would have said "e la peppa!", I can't translate, sorry.

Ok, the critic didn't like her book, so what? If you dislike Hermione's writings you MUST have serious issues with the universe in general?

A tad farfetched...

I am surprised by Severus, however... this the answer a grandmother would give to her favourite kid when she meets her first injustice in life. But the kid should be 6 or 7 years old.

"The important thing…the only thing that truly matters is that you are happy with the book"

Ok, better!

She sold a lot, by the way, so why should she care of a single critic?

"but she turned back to the newspaper, blushing"

After two years of marriage she should have lost the habit of blushing for suggested sex imageries, I suppose. Will this Hermione be a tad childish forever?

The end is good.

The positive things:

- your ability to tell an everyday scene making it "not boring" for your reader

- your talent with details, you take your time to describe a move, a gesture, the little details that give you hints of a personality (Hermione, so eager of a good review about her work; I am sure a lot of your readers coul recognise themselves in this detail... who, the day after having uploaded on an archive , doesn't check the mail, eager to read the reviews?) or of the kind of relationship between two people (regardless the fat I would act the same way or not: you are writing a story, not a moral code for young people)

The negative things I tought were clear.

Did I like it? Frankly not too much.

If Severus offers to send me Howler, tell me to come personally: I' be glad to meet him :)
Fishsticks chapter 1 . 7/28/2003
yay! lol!
white raven chapter 1 . 6/9/2003
My face hurts from grinning so much. Bravo to you for incorporating a response to a flame into a story. Creative, original and quite classy. Your flamer could learn alot from your approach.

Well written, as are your other works that I have read. I apologize for not reviewing before, as you are exceptionally talented and certainly deserve to know how much enjoyment your readers derive from your work.