Reviews for The Propriety Failure
izzyandrews123 chapter 32 . 3/14/2021
I really enjoyed this story. I like your writing style a lot. you put a lot of depth and background into the characters. I like that you developed miss bingley to be more than just an entitled brat we usually see her portrayed as. I also enjoyed seeing Mary and Elizabeth forming a closer bond, Mary often gets put aside as a filler character in fanfictions. thank you for sharing! I will definitely be checking into other stories you've written!
GlassMazeGazer chapter 32 . 2/25/2021
A miraculous transformation of Caroline Bingley into a sympathetic & likable character. A Mr. & Mrs. Bennet who do more good than harm. A Darcy & an Elizabeth with more than typical common sense. All sandwiched into bookends. Tidily done. I enjoyed the story very much even if I, usual with most FFs, feel cheated of sufficient D&E time.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 28 . 2/25/2021
I’m wondering when the Captain/Colonel had much time to do any fighting if I’m understanding destinations correctly. The passage to North America & back again would have been several months in travel time, I believe. He then traveled to France to fight where he was injured & met Elizabeth again. With the traveling & times for preparing & going into battles, it seems like a lot of non-fighting time would have been required of the 2 1/2 years. Although, it did sound like he wasn’t in the fight in France that long.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 25 . 2/25/2021
So everyone in the room but the Colonel has just, surprisingly, put together that his nurse is their Lizzy, but it appears Georgiana just realized that the nurse & their Lizzy was also her Ramsgate savior. Nicely circled & woven, despite my distaste for long D&E separations & angst. I can forgive this instance more easily since the story text skipped over most of the gap time.

Surely though, Elizabeth would have heard the Colonel talk about his family & friends over those months & she must have found him as her initial contact via his being a relative of Darcy. Maybe that was an opportunity for her to at least hear how he & Georgiana were doing. Will she take Darcy to task for not getting on with getting married, at least until he convinces her to marry him?
GlassMazeGazer chapter 20 . 2/25/2021
I’m really hoping the variation of Elizabeth disappearing instead of Darcy isn’t where this story is headed. I’m too eager to see Georgiana’s first sight of Elizabeth after her rescue. And what Darcy makes of it. Georgiana might be able to cover her reaction, but it seems more likely that there would be some awkward reaction from the youngest at the two women’s first time see each other again. If/?when? Darcy finds-out Elizabeth saved Georgiana from Wickham, she’ll have to kill him too if she expects to avoid marrying him.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 18 . 2/25/2021
Sweet chapter.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 17 . 2/25/2021
Willoughby for Wickham. Excellent choice to insert a version of Sense and Sensibility’s villain as a stand-in for the dead Wickham.

Elizabeth mentioning anything about the attack in Ramsgate was a surprise here. I’m not sure about a person in Elizabeth’s position as the rescuer who unintentionally killed the attacker, but the targeted victim would seem less likely to have willingly mentioned it or unwillingly blirted it out, even in a situation like that. Rape & assault victims, generally, are apt to freeze & say nothing rather than reveal anything of the events. Shame, embarrassment, & fear somehow manage to override anger & acting to prevent future attacks by identifying predators. The reveal works well here though.

Darcy’s correspondence — I’m thinking that’s probably the trigger for him to ride-off out of Elizabeth’s life for a few months — until Rosings. This story has been doing some nice sidestepping in its parallels with canon so I have some small hope this will be another sidestep, but I’m not holding my breath...
GlassMazeGazer chapter 12 . 2/25/2021
Great chapter. Darcy is still in pursuit of the elusive fox, but while he’s becoming more determined and applying more effort, Elizabeth is gradually being worn down & not as able to energetically apply all evasive measures she used initially. I expect getting a nasty nip (confirmation of Darcy being Georgiana’s brother) might trigger a boost in her efforts, for a bit but that’s not sustainable over a long chase.

I like that Elizabeth’s anger at better seeing the conspiratorial nature of the attack she interrupted is starting to balance out more righteous feelings against her guilt over the end result to the attacker. It feels natural & is one real way to address recovering from an ordeal that _she_ couldn’t have avoided even if she’d known how it would end beforehand.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 8 . 2/25/2021
My brain is trying to calculate the odds that Darcy will somehow hear that Elizabeth’s summer trip had been to Ramsgate, put together the relative timing of her trip to Georgiana’s stay, and that she was said to come back changed as had his sister, then begin to wonder if there might be a connection. It seems like too much of a stretch. Clearly the location of her prior summer’s trip would not likely be shared by Elizabeth. Someone else mentioning it casually also seems fairly unlikely, but I can see it bubbling-up as side information in conversations between Mr. Bennet & Mr. Darcy as each tries to understand & break through Elizabeth’s hyper-cautious behavior. Bennet seems to be encouraging Darcy who doesn’t seem to need encouragement so much as clues for interpreting her responses.
MelodieMLB chapter 32 . 2/25/2021
Superb fast paced story with wonderful characters and plot twists. Thank you so much. Please keep writing!
GlassMazeGazer chapter 5 . 2/25/2021
Yikes! It sounds like this Darcy is going to have a much, much harder time gaining this Elizabeth once he decides he wants her! General dislikes for real & foolish things coupled with youthful foolishness is hard enough to get through. Add PTSD & strategizing like a they’re pieces on a chess board — his chances don’t look good...
GlassMazeGazer chapter 3 . 2/25/2021
Elizabeth as the “fox in a hunt” is great imagery & mood indication.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 2 . 2/25/2021
Ooooohh. Didn’t realize in the prior chapter that he was dead.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 1 . 2/25/2021
Naaaaah! Naaah! Naaaaaaah! She should swing one last HARD blow of the cane on the asshole’s kneecap that would keep him from pursuing either of them when/if he comes to & maybe make it much less unlikely he would go back to Georgiana’s house to attack her again with Mrs. Younge assistance or at least acquiescence. Plus back then, that kind of injury would likely cause some permanent crippling. A small amount of payback plus scuffing his appearance to at least have the potential to make it slightly less easy to slickly scam other vulnerable young women in the future.

Hmmm. I’m thinking the rescuing young woman is probably going to turn out to be Elizabeth Bennet although how she might be at Ramsgate with a companion escapes me. If it is, I have to wonder if (presumably) Wickham got a good enough look at her face to remember her when he later arrives in Meryton...
Intelligensia chapter 32 . 2/12/2021
This has been one of the best stories I have read in a long time, and takes a high place among my favourites! It is truly exquisite. I adore it, everything about. Your characterization is done perfectly, the plot is novel and fascinating, the relationships are heartwarming. I picked it up, and quite dropped everything else from my life until I was finished. Lizzie killing Wickham was completely unexpected but just so amazingly executed, especially the way it influenced her ever since. I have been drawn utterly into the story, so terribly believable despite all the exceptional twists and turns. I loved the chapters of her nursing career. Your Elizabeth is someone I so fully respect, and one of the best characters I have seen in a long while. It can be difficult to make such a strong, capable character three dimensional, and equally difficult to show character flaws in a compassionate yet realistic way, and you have managed both. Elizabeth is here a woman of such strength and kindness, but you also showed how her scars and trauma made her irrational and scared. I don't remember the last time I adored a character half as much. And not just her - you bring out the best in so many of the characters! I admit to some curiousity about where Charlotte ended up, and I'm going to spend awhile giggling about General Wellington's reaction the first time he sees her in Town after her marriage :D

This has been wonderful. Thank you so much for your writing!
1,071 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »