Reviews for Albus and Harry's World Trip
TheButterflyComposer chapter 23 . 6/22
this is fantastic. excellent threading of Canon and your own story. wonderful characters. excellent writing.

Well done.
oniforever chapter 23 . 6/14
Well this has been an absolute trip of a story in the best way possible. I have to say, I absolutely love the way you explained some of the nuances of the books in a way that still made sense (like the spell for gilderoy backfiring and the way the wolvesbane potion works). And the way Harry still gets pulled into certain parts of the canon story is just hilarious and I greatly enjoy all the running gags you pulled off! Wonderful story! I hope you are doing well and I eagerly await whenever the next installment comes in!
For some reason a 100 years old wizard and former headmaster of hogwarts become a best mate and room mate with harry
Teufel1987 chapter 6 . 6/11
The story is interesting

The premise is very unique, and I like this version of Dumbledore

Harry, though, seems to talk and behave more like a 21 year old man and less like a 12 year old boy, which is a bit jarring. For example, how would he know what a hangover is when he wouldn’t be exposed to one? I’d say that a 12 year old would have very vague ideas about what drinking is, vaguer ideas about being drunk and the vaguest of ideas about the aftermath

Am I to guess that the story is set in 2012? Because Harry’s badge in this chapter mentions that year. That would make the vcr quite outdated! I’d be surprised that Harry would be able to identify such an instrument correctly if he is a child of the 00’s. Also, Dumbledore would have come across the prequel Star Wars movies too… I’d have loved to hear his take on Jar-Jar Binks!

It’s also sad how no one mentions the many Star Wars novels published between the original trilogy and the prequel movies. Some really nice world building there

I like the international train idea, as well as the explanation for talking about magic around Muggles not breaking the Statute of Secrecy.
Although the train’s route is a bit … haywire
FreyMarders chapter 23 . 6/10
Why would people think he put his name in when he's not there? Like almost all of this story, nothing makes sense. Also, you still, desperately, need a beta or an adult to reread your writing.
lesbonmots chapter 1 . 6/10
ooh, I love this already.
Western Witch chapter 23 . 6/8
Love it! Absolutely brilliant!

While I'm all for a good Dumbledore bashing (providing it's not completely irrational in nature) I love what you've done here and turned everything that he normally gets bashed for into a reasonable explanation as to why he did or did not do those things. Keep up the good work cause it's brilliant.

Oh and did I mention that this is a brilliant story? lol
ja3419 chapter 23 . 5/28
So just Nagini and the locket remain. Well the locket is pretty much in the category of destroyed/delayed destroyed. They got the diary, harry, cup, diadem, ring, locket (delayed).
ja3419 chapter 18 . 5/28
Simply brilliant! I love the relationship between Harry and Albus. Mentor-student, grandfather and grandson reconnecting. Its simply brilliant.
ja3419 chapter 11 . 5/28
Finally a rendition of a modern day Gandalf in Albus. Phoenix suits harry cause he has truly been reborn both physically and mentally.
ja3419 chapter 8 . 5/28
Well albus always loved a good prank. I mean he oversaw the Marauders, then the Weasley twins. Its just sad how Rowling did not do justice to Albus in her books. She said he was good but went to portray him in such a away that it did not come out so.
ja3419 chapter 6 . 5/28
I love how Albus is de programming Harry of his previous life and long held notions. He is clearing away the mental cobwebs so to speak. Its brilliant.
annasfanfic chapter 23 . 5/27
That was fantastic! From start to finish I loved this chapter!
saulmendez7 chapter 23 . 5/27
Finally caught up, great story so far just wished for more Fleur
ja3419 chapter 3 . 5/27
FINALLY A good Albus fic, I think JK Rowling forgot that she modelled Albus after Gandalf cause if just looking at the books as is Albus does not come out looking good.
1,338 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »