Reviews for Anathema
Mizamour chapter 1 . 3/29/2005
Great writing, once again!
HermitCrab chapter 1 . 3/16/2004
This was beautiful, the kind of story where reading through the lines en route to the finish is a pleasure and not just something you do in the hope that the end turns out to be worth it. Drew some great conclusions, especially considering how little material there actually is to work from.
Samara Morgan-ring chapter 1 . 3/8/2004
this is good. didnt u post this at ringworld? neways, its sorta sad wat aiden does, but its good
A Murder of Prose chapter 1 . 2/7/2004
If you don't see Aidan as stiff, wordy, and a little feminine (considering the only male figure in his life was that moron ex-pizza boy Noah), then what *do* you see him as, especially when he grows up? The boistrous and extroverted captain of a high school football team? Uhm, okay, to each his or her own. But I digress. You know how I feel about this one, Liane - bravo! :)
Nickolaus Pacione chapter 1 . 1/28/2004
This one is good. I have an original horror short story titled Anathema so you should also put a disclaimer there to not confuse the two titles. Here is the url to my story titled Anathema

Mine is an original psychological horror tale. So is there some way you can do something to tell the two titles apart. Not to sound like a dick or anything. But a litte about the Ring, I had been wanting to go see that movie in the theater. And my short story had the title it has since I wrote it in 20.
The Grynne chapter 1 . 1/12/2004
Too stiff, wordy and...well, feminine.
lady bundtcake chapter 1 . 12/27/2003
This is absolutely incredible and so, so haunting. I'm both shocked and impressed, and I seriously have chills all over. Incredible.
Crispy Crispa chapter 1 . 11/2/2003
Wow... I mean... Wow... That honestly brought chills to me once more. I don't think I can say anything but 'wow' at the moment. I really loved that though, it might lead me to think you are secretly Aiden himself *pokes*.
StalkyStar chapter 1 . 10/24/2003
I read this fic before on a Ring site, but I was at work and unable to email you to tell you how much I enjoyed it, I'm glad it's here on so I can do so now.

First of all, thank you for scaring me. I'm sitting here, alone in my apartment, in the dark, close to midnight, reading scary fics.

I have reached the point where I dread driving during the dark hours, I see her lurking under trees, in the dead spaces where my headlights aren't reflected, sometimes in my rearview mirror, she enjoys this stalking, it is a morbid game for her. She is always somewhere within my peripheral vision, I covered all the mirrors in my house since she was always in them

That is really a wonderful use of wording. I'm sitting here, feeling the same paranoia - and you're probably thinking I'm a wimpy nutcase, which is probably true, but irrelevant.

I really wanted to leave a good review and instead I've left bizarre ramblings and quoted your fic back to you. Maybe I should have just stuck with the standard of "omg!11! u liek so rawk". Then again, maybe not.

Nice work, lovely use of imagery in a very creepy fic that, to my mind, seemed a perfectly natural end to a very spooky film. Thank you.
Ari chapter 1 . 10/13/2003
Whoa...that is good *has the chills* is there any more?
blankityblankityblank chapter 1 . 10/12/2003
That was... *Pause* Odd...
The Great Kara chapter 1 . 5/31/2003
Absolutely fabulous.
J L Puckett chapter 1 . 5/24/2003
A haunting, well done story. A

You have done an excellent job of catching the tone of the movie and, frankly, explained some things that I felt the movie had left out.

An excellent job.

Jelpy
Sorna chapter 1 . 5/20/2003
Beautiful. Very poetic and poignant. This site needs more "Ring" fiction. I definitely think you should write more. Don't listen to anyone who tells you any differently.

Bloody Vixen chapter 1 . 5/15/2003
Please don't write again, I have only wtached the ring once and that was enough to make me repulse TV for a week. And I have a huge one in my room!