Reviews for Fading Away
What a dreadful teacher and what a dreadful school. He leaves an obviously injured pupil to his own devices in the corridor. APPALLING.
Stephanie O chapter 9 . 4/16
I can only imagine the words Snape will have for Harry for missing his detention! I do hope Harry finds out soon that Sirius wasn't at fault for his parents' deaths. Looks like he's been watching Harry, so I hope he'll make his appearance
a pair of ragged claws chapter 9 . 4/14
Thanks for the awesome update! I am a huge fan of all your main characters so far. I especially love how in-character Snape is! I am a sucker for Snape-mentor and Snape-discovers-abuse stories, but I can’t stand stories with Snapes who immediately turn cuddly and caring (and Harrys who cuddle up and share all their darkest secrets). I’m glad you are recognizing what kind of person Snape is and that you are treating both of their histories of abuse seriously and realistically. I can totally imagine Snape worrying about how he will handle things if he can’t even handle his own emotional Slytherins and turning his anxiety into investigative energy to do something that feels productive but also to “arm himself” with the truth for the upcoming confrontation. I can also totally see him recognizing that he should have probably been nicer about the examination with Poppy but being unable to break his deeply ingrained behavior. I can’t wait to find out what memories he gets from Poppy and how he will react. I hope you will keep up the struggle between Harry and Snape, because their dynamic and difficult histories to overcome (both their history together and their individual histories of abuse) is what I find so fascinating about fanfic that involves the two of them, and I love what you’ve done so far.

I am excited that Harry is planning to learn to fight so he can confront Sirius. I love an anger-driven, motivated Harry, and your depiction of his discovery of Sirius’s supposed betrayal is amazing. Plus, I’m intrigued by what’s going on with Neville and I’m looking forward to seeing their friendship develop further as they both try to stand up for themselves.

I also have to say that in general I appreciate the lack of character bashing. I hope this review finds you well and that it cheers up your lockdown a bit. No pressure, but I’m really looking forward to the next update!
Sunset74 chapter 9 . 4/9
I really like the way you write Snape and enjoy knowing his inner dialogue! Love the interactions between Snape and Harry! Really enjoying the story!
stargazer chapter 9 . 4/6
great to see you update :)
notwritten chapter 9 . 4/5
Very good story. Keep smiling.:-)
SamiSosa chapter 1 . 4/5
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
HermioneIncarnate chapter 9 . 4/5
Love this update! Thanks for continuing to write this story!
Afiana Arch chapter 9 . 4/5
Thanks for the update! I am looking forward for where this is story will progress :D
up until now everything has been quite neat!
Tania Game chapter 9 . 4/5
Thank you for updating, really enjoying this story. Great chapter.
musicgal100189 chapter 9 . 4/5
Thank you for continuing this story. It is well written and even though I hadn't read it in a while the story plot came right back to mind.

It's amazing how fear can turn into anger. I've done that plenty of times so I can see Harry switching gears. The problem with this that blinders being put up to different things that will cause more problems quickly.

You'll still be angry when confronted with your fear which will hit people who care wrongly but quickly will gear to shame on top of fear(wondering if this makes you a bad person).

I don't envy when Harry's caught. Severus is being conciliatory right now but faced with anger will make an explosive show.
GlaszHeart chapter 9 . 4/4
I'm so glad you are still posting! I'm enjoying this story very much and am keen to see how it ends! I'm intrigued by the situation that Snape has been thrust into. It's a real opportunity to atone for his mistakes and relieve himself of some of his guilt about Lily. Will this have a profound impact on him? What about the impact on Harry? Can't wait to read more! Thanks so much! And I hope your situation improves as we slowly emerge from a year of confinement and worry. I share your feelings!
Anonymous chapter 9 . 4/4
This is pure awesomeness
geekymom chapter 9 . 4/4
Fabulous chapter!
Serpent91 chapter 9 . 4/4
Well written indeed! Thank you.