Reviews for Striking Sparks
Nienor Niniel chapter 16 . 9/28/2006
Ha, and this one is complete, here, too!

Good to see things from Reginard's view.

I liked the Pippin and Diamond closing scene!

Take care, Nienor
Xena chapter 16 . 5/31/2003
Oh my goodness, you're going to think me so stupid, but I never noticed this chapter was posted, and I've been waiting for the next chapter of it! Oh well, I'm reviewing it now. I loved the wedding, and especially how Pip began to mouth the vows to Diamond. I wasn't too surprised to hear Merry had not been told of Pippin's close call, due to the problems caused the last time Merry was alerted... I love Diamond so much, her and Pippin "make beautiful music" together. Also, what a thoughtful gift from Tolly. It was great to see Pippin and Diamond acting like tweens, first they conspire to go for a walk, but when that doesn't work out, they do have the Smials to themselves.. Good ol' Sandy, he'll make sure the Thain and Diamond aren't disturbed... Well, I certainly loved this story, showed a great deal more insight into Regi, while also showing the problems with the fire. Again, I just loved this story, I hate to see that it's ended, but I'm looking forward to more from "Flames" and more Pippin stories... :P
Dana4 chapter 16 . 5/26/2003
Such an absolutely LOVELY ending. Instead of being incoherent about it (endings make me act that way), I'll just wuote the bits I loved the most.

(Well, the vows, for one, but I'd hardly want paste that all, but it was beautiful, and lovely, and Pippin and Diamond's love for one another, as well, was just so beautiful... e, I loved it.)

And this:

'Tooks and guests! We must observe proper etiquette, in respect for the newly married couples. Therefore, there will be no dancing atop tables...' there was a chorus of groans throughout, but Pippin waved his arms and continued, '...until Ferdibrand, here...' he gestured to Ferdi, standing by Everard and his new bride, '...demonstrates the proper technique.' There was a general cheer, and the musicians struck up the first tune.

And Tolibold's gift to Pippin, loved that, too.

And this:

Pimpernel was dancing with Ferdibrand, laughing up into his face, the two perfectly matched in the dance.

'They make a nice couple,' Diamond murmured.

Pippin gave her a sharp look. 'She's older than he is,' he said.

'She'll steady him nicely, then,' Diamond said. 'She could be the making of him.'

'Ferdi? ...and my sister?' Pippin said.

'Why not?' Diamond answered, laying her head against his arm. 'Stranger things have happened. Look at how the son of the Thain married the daughter of a north-Took farmer, for instance.'

And of course, Diamond and Pippin trying to sneak away...

This has been such a lovely story, and a fitting ending. You did a good job. (And I'm looking forward to more, which is a bonus, since I've still got so much left to read tonight. *grin*)
Dana4 chapter 15 . 5/26/2003
A really wonderful chapter, and I really like this:

'I wash my hands of you, Thain Peregrin,' she said in disgust, 'and don't you come whining to me when you fall and flatten that fine nose of yours.' He wouldn't, of course; he might do anything, but he wouldn't whine.

Because she's right, of course, Pippin wouldn't whine.

And the ending is very well done, and I just know that I'll love the final chapter. It's hard to believe this one is over... (Of course, that's a harder truth to swallow about Rope, when it comes to the end.)
FantasyFan chapter 15 . 5/26/2003
I've just come back from vacation to read all your updates of the last week in all your stories. From earlier chapter: I really love the way you have written Faramir Took to be so much like his father. Worrying about his Da dying young will grow him up early, I think. Your Pippin has more sheer headstrong guts than is good for him. He must be heading for another fall, if he can't give his pony an apple. But his friends know to look out for him as he will never admit to trouble, so Pippin ends up being better taken care of than he would be if he were expected to take care of himself. It's acually a good system!
Xena chapter 15 . 5/24/2003
What can I say, I still love how you give the minor characters depth and feeling. I just loved the whole conversation between Ferdibrand/Everard/Reginard. It's just amazing to me how you do it, and so well too! Hmm... Pippin disobeying the healers again, why doesn't that surprise me... I do hope he'll be okay, and won't have to be in the grave at the wedding.
Pansy Chubb chapter 15 . 5/24/2003
The night before the wedding! And of course the grooms are already celebrating and having a good time. Pippin seemed to bounce back from the fire, but not completely?
Pansy Chubb chapter 14 . 5/24/2003
Funny how Socks has definite ideas in who he likes and doesn't. Glad to see Pippin waking, but with trouble breathing, it is probably easier to sleep through it.
Pansy Chubb chapter 13 . 5/24/2003
Interesting, Ferdi running must have been on Pippin's mind before he was overcome by smoke since he keeps speaking of it.
Xena chapter 14 . 5/24/2003
*cheers* Yay, it's raining AND Pippin's awake! I loved Socks's attitude towards Regi, that was so funny! Socks is quite an intelligent horse... It was so good to see Pippin awake, if only for a little while, I'm sure it did everyone some good. Write more soon! :P
Dana4 chapter 14 . 5/23/2003
And I just love it when this gets said:

Reginard spoke again. 'You had us a bit worried.'

(Because, you know, understatement.)

But Pippin's back and I love the chapter. And see, I try to give indepth review but it just doesn't work tonight. Hope you enjoyed them, still.
Dana4 chapter 13 . 5/23/2003
Like this the best:

Reginard was sitting with Ferdibrand when Mardi came in search. 'The Thain's asking for you,' he said to Ferdi.

'For me?' Ferdi said stupidly.

'Aye, lad,' Mardi answered.

'Is he awake, then?' Regi asked, rising abruptly.

'No, not awake, not really, but he wants Ferdi and he'll tire himself if he doesn't get him, is my way of thinking,' Mardi said.

And Pippin talking in his sleep, of course. And I just like Ferdi a lot, thought you should know.
Dana4 chapter 12 . 5/23/2003
Ack, I cannot find a favourite part in the chapter - just like so much. I mean, Farry, and the talk that explains how Ferdi's always been so wary of fire, and Diamond, too. It's just a wonderful chapter, but I cann't pick a fave, I fear.
Dana4 chapter 11 . 5/23/2003
What I like the most in this chapter would have to be Farry and Regi's talk - oh, poor poor Farry. And I like Ev'ard and Regi's talk, too:

'No, for me,' Everard said. 'The Tooks might get the idea I could step up as Thain, and then where would I be?' He glared at his brother. 'Have you seen Rosa this day?'

'No,' Regi admitted.

'Go find her, then. Don't you know what time it is?' At the shake of his brother's head, he said impatiently, 'It's teatime, you fool of a Took. You know the Thain's rule. Take yourself off, now, or I'll tell Pippin on you.'

'That would be nice,' Regi said soberly. 'I hope you get the chance.'
Xena chapter 13 . 5/23/2003
The more chapters of this story, the more I love Ferdibrand. The whole thing was so sad, Pip muttering for Ferdi and everything. It was somewhat haunting when he kept telling Ferdi to "hold fast." And then Ferdibrand sat with him all day... I loved the whole chapter, can't wait for more! :P