Reviews for Eternal Darkness: Origins
Sugar Zombie chapter 10 . 6/16/2008
good work on this chapter. If you don't mind, could i use the runes you created for my own eternal darkness fic, ill thanks if you if you. i'v ehad troblue making my own runes so it would be a great help if i could use those runes, you dob't have to, bu tit would help.
Sugar Zombie chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Your a very talented writer and you could eaisly become a author, in my perspective anyways. You may want to write some original work, maybe on fictionpress? Maybe you already have an account. Anyways, congrats, you were able to keep my attention; i usally just skim a story, but I actually read the entire chapter, well good job, wirte more of these kinds of stories

masterpiece of death
Sean Renaud chapter 10 . 7/29/2005
Your a talented writer, I've very much enjoyed reading yoru story. I think you made Mantarok out to be way to much of a good guy in your fic but hey its a difficult property work with. I'm very impressed with how well you've worked in the liches and the viel. The scene where you describe the guardian and then say that somebody thought he was standing face to face with Death was stroke of genius. You might want to get a friend to start editing it though. I do notice enough typos to be kind of annoying.

The doppleganger is genius as is the incomplete parts of the book though you should have done a chapter for Minerva instead of her telling her story it should have been told through her eyes. Least that is my opinion. I've also really appreciated Pious's part in your story he is extremely well done.

Over all this is an incredible fan fic and I look forward to reading more of your works in the future so don't leave this one hanging!
Aoede chapter 10 . 7/17/2005
Great story! I love your Pious, and your original characters are very well written. Nice, I'll definitely read the next chapters.
GG Crono chapter 10 . 5/19/2005
This story is great! You really capture the feel of ED, and the story really begs for something to happen next. I really hope you finish it. :)
Lorilei Mackenzie chapter 10 . 5/2/2005
It had better be coming soon...*shakes fist* Good fic. Must...read...more...
dan heron chapter 10 . 3/28/2005
oh, yes, it was worth the wait X3

I loved how the Avatar mind works, it's just so innocent and pure.

Argh, can't wait to see what's gonna happen next! X)
Todd B. James chapter 10 . 3/12/2005
AUUGH! Chapter ten! And a shout-out to boot! Let's see, where to start, where to start.

Ah. The new runes. I already sort of knew what they were and what they were about, but the execution and usage of them was nothing short of masterful. The formation of the runes was, as well, quite ingenious and quite fitting with the rest of the ED universe.

The intensity of the enclosing conflict is still ringing in my ears; I've felt transported and enthralled by a story many times before, but never did I actually feel like I was one of the characters, working against time, working with instinct, and expending every last inch of effort to keep ultimate destruction at bay. Oh, it's such a rush to indulge in writing like this. Beginnings of stories are usually quite gripping and intense, for obvious reasons, but it's quite difficult to maintain, nay, increase that level of interest in a project the whole way through. Endings of stories, however, are a different monster. Sometimes they'll take a path that seems illogical to the rest of the tale, and other times, they'll end much too quickly. With this story, I can see that nothing of that sort is in store for us.

One little thing I have to say about improvement concerns the formatting, and the occasional abscence of punctuation, but I already know that that is an established part of the story. Formatting, however, is a bit different from the previous chapter, and it's slightly jarring, but there's no need to change it. We, the readers, already know that huge changes are in store for the characters, and what better way to drive that point home with differing formats? Well, there's probably better ways, but it's a small complaint and it doesn't matter as much as I have made it seem. -_-;

Anyway, this chapter has also given us a great deal to handle in terms of The Unexpected. So often, a writer will simply go with what's most logical, most likely, and most possible to happen in his/her established universe. Not so often will that writer go the extra mile and break that barrier of logic, making something occur that no one saw coming, yet still makes sense when juxtaposed with the rest of the story. Created Logic, I'd like to call it. That's what's going on here that's so intruguing. You think you know what's going to happen, but something totally different happens and you simply read on in awe.

Yes, this is indeed an EpFic, all the way to the bottom of the floor. Makes me want to get off my duff and get going with my own projects! Well, maybe after I read Chapter 11...

Keep on keeping on!

-T.J.
Stormsworder chapter 10 . 3/4/2005
YAYZ! I thought this was done for! I am glad you continued it. Now I just gotta do the same with mine.
Y do u mock me so chapter 7 . 2/13/2005
I like this story very much! Especially since Pious is in it! He's my fav character! Keep up the good work u little pleb! :-)latin!
CaraJade The Jaded Angel chapter 5 . 2/10/2005
Jez! This is getting damn creepy. Keep up the good work, now!
CaraJade The Jaded Angel chapter 1 . 2/10/2005
Wow, hey, this is really great - it's been a while since I played Eternal Darkness, but I am getting nostalgic! TThis reads like a film, it's beautifully rendered visually, and your dialogue etc is also very good. I'm also appreciating the confusion between illusion and reality, you do a very good job of forcing the reader to question what is real and what not, just like the game did with the whole sanity breakdown thing. I'm impressed! On to the next chapter...
Gareth Webb chapter 9 . 11/3/2004
This was a great story (chapters 1-9) please write the rest plese!
Stormsworder chapter 1 . 8/29/2004
SWEET! This is an awesome fic that tells of the Ancients' return. I have one planned that is somewhat like this, but not much. Good luck on the following chapters.
Aries LT chapter 9 . 8/3/2004
Very good. ANd very interesting.. I can hardly wait to see what happens..