Reviews for Fire Emblem Fates: Trainer's Revelation
Antex-The Legendary Zoroark chapter 12 . 10/14
Niiice! Awesome work yet again, Mr Dominator! I can’t wait for what’s next! And omg! I had nearly forgotten about our dear mad (not as in insane, somewhat) scientist! I wonder how things will go with him now in tow? And when everyone begins to figure out that he’s partially responsible for “viewing” the other world with his device that also likely had a part in bringing in everyone…
Antex-The Legendary Zoroark chapter 11 . 9/11
Whoo yeah! Loved this and I’m already itching for more! It’s kinda funny in my opinion as well; Azura’s Popplio has a naive nature and we all know both Corrin’s can be so similar. Lol! A perfect pairing in a way!

But I digress. Ya did good with the two (Azura/Popplio and Corrin/Riolu) and their first Trainer Battles! Keep this up!
Geneevee chapter 8 . 8/23
Me: I knew I had a bad feeling about this.
Antex-The Legendary Zoroark chapter 10 . 8/20
AW YEAH! Missed this! Glad you updated! Looking forward to more!
Kallerston chapter 9 . 6/29
So after a rather lengthy wait, this crossover has released another chapter concluding the events of FE Fates Chapter 5.

But before that we have a brief couple of scenes involving the rescue of Nathan, Bagon and Wimpod after the latter’s recently learned Screech alerts Keith to his presence. He convinces Nathan to come back with him to the snowy village from Chapter 4. He explains the situation to Nathan and per his request, gives him a Pokéball to officially capture Wimpod. However, the two are interrupted by a village elder grimly informing Keith of the sudden attack in Hoshido.

The attack in question being the main focus of this chapter. Continuing from the previous chapter the mysterious shadowy invaders have begun their attack on the city, in conjunction with Corrin losing control of himself and going on a draconic rampage. From here the chapter is pretty standard where in typical FE fashion each character goes around the battlefield taking down the enemy forces one by one.

The standout moment of this chapter though has to be the arrival of Damon…and his newly assembled gun.
Though I am slightly sceptical of Damon being able to create a firearm just as good as one assembled by a manufacturer from nothing but Hoshidan scraps. Along with the gunpowder and bullet casings needed to use it, and also be able to fire it off with perfect accuracy. Maybe he has a history with assembling and using guns but considering how the Pokémon world hasn’t really shown them (barring a banned episode of the anime), it seems unlikely.
Either way despite his gripes with being told what to do, and the grudge he still bears on Growlithe for stealing his food, Evan manages to reason with the wannabe gangster and joins the party. He quickly proves his worth, with his expert marksmanship skills being nothing to sneeze at as he’s able to kill any enemies in his sights with a single shot, and even manages to deal a serious injury to the leader of the shades, allowing Ryoma to get vengeance for his mother.

However despite the Pokémon trainer’s and Hoshidan Royal family taking down every last enemy, Corrin is still a mindless rampaging beast. Steel swords, bullets and Pokémon moves can only aggravate the dragon-blooded prince but Azura’s song manages to calm Corrin down…for a moment. Until Corrin swats her aside and pins Evan down, Evan pleads with what’s left of Corrin’s rational human side and asks for him to trust him giving Azura enough time to finish her song and restore Corrin to his human form.

Corrin’s transformation revealed a hidden truth though, a memory as an infant of Garon killing his birth father and stealing baby Corrin from his crib. He doesn’t have much time take it in though as Takumi finally decides to show up and immediately exclaim how all this death and destruction is all Corrin and the trainer’s fault. Granted while his suspicions are not entirely unfounded given Corrin grew up in Nohr, and it was his sword that blew up starting this whole mess. It’s very clear that Takumi isn’t in a rational mindset and is jumping the gun on this whole situation without considering all of the facts and possibilities.

Corrin starts believing that it would be best for everyone if he left Hoshido when Yukimara arrives and informs everyone that this isn’t what the Queen would have wanted, explaining that Mikoto knew in advance of her impending death and how a darker force is behind all that has occurred. Finally she directs everyone’s attention to a destroyed statue, that now reveals a hidden sword known as the Yato. A legendary weapon that can only be wielded by a chosen warrior to bring peace to the world, with that warrior in question being Corrin himself.

But the shocking news doesn’t stop there as scouts suddenly report in to disclose Nohr’s approaching army with the shocking inclusion of Pokémon in their ranks. Ryoma deciding enough is enough rallies his forces and orders them to bring any available Pokémon with them into battle, against the nearby trainer’s protests. Corrin believes that the answer to everything going on will be at the source of the upcoming battle and earns Azura and the trainer’s trust in him, and that no matter what happens they will follow him.

The scene in Hoshido ends with DK’s Farfetch’d freeing him from the wreckage of a torn-up stand. He comes to, to see the entire city in ruins and struggling to realise how something like this could have happened. He then notices Ryomo preparing to storm into battle with the other trainer’s, and noticing other people from his world he decides to follow them in hopes of finding some sort of explanation to what’s going on.

So all in all a pretty good return. You finished up what was set up and set the stakes accordingly for the upcoming conflict and the all-important decision of fate on the horizon.
Antex-The Legendary Zoroark chapter 9 . 6/28
HOORAY YOU’RE BACK! Missed this! Loved how it all went down and can’t wait for more! Also, is Nate your character? I find it funny in a way seeing as he’s traveling with my OC. Kinda makes it as if us two are the ones traveling together.
joeyginise chapter 1 . 7/11/2020
I can tell that this was written during the peak of the Scottish Pokémon trainer meme.
pichufan101 chapter 8 . 6/7/2020
Good chapter! I like dynamic between the chef and Farfetched, hope someone tells him what his Pokémon is really saying ; besides that, poor Corrin..

Also, I think I have a good trainer if you allow that.
Kallerston chapter 8 . 5/18/2020
It’s been a while but now this story has been updated and there is a lot that happens this time. This chapter focuses on two sides. The end of Chapter 4 and the beginning of Chapter 5 of Fates, and an original story that continues from a couple of chapters ago that focuses on Nathan and Camilla. Let’s start of with Nathan’s story first.

We start off with Nathan, Bagon and a wild Wimpod in the middle of being chased by Camilla after her refusal to follow her to Nohr. While Nathan and Bagon aren’t strong enough to defeat Camilla, they instead use their acrobatic training from the first chapter to outmanoeuvre her. Unfortunately, Nathan didn’t take into account that her dragon can fly while his cannot. Nathan struggles in its claws and Bagon manages to knock it out of the sky, only to not prepare accordingly for a landing, leading to Nathan, Bagon, Camilla and her Wyvern to fall deep into a gorge. Wimpod panickily watches them fall but reluctantly joins them when the Fearow that has been stalking the Nohr wastelands for quite some time tries to eat the Bug type for lunch.
Nathan wakes up after the drop to discover he is alive thanks to landing in a rather compromising position on top of Camilla. I suppose that chest of hers is good for more than just attracting the eyes. Unfortunately, Camilla was injured by the fall, leaving her at Nathan’s mercy which thankfully he’s in abundance of. Nathan uses the opportunity to ask Camilla why she’s coming after him and she explains the situation with the ongoing war and wishing to use Pokémon trainers to make wild Pokémon obey the kingdom. Nathan explains his stance on the matter that, the kingdom really shouldn’t involve outside help when it doesn’t concern them and demonstrates what a real trainer-Pokémon bond is with Bagon.
The sweet moment is interrupted though by Wimpod running for his life as Fearow descends from the sky, angry and itching for a fight. The fight is mainly Bagon vs Fearow with Camilla stuck on in the background unable to assist. Bagon struggles to land ranged attacks until Wimpod bucks up the courage to use itself as a distraction for Bagon land Dragon Breath and knock it out.
Camilla then gets aboard her Wyvern and takes the defeated Fearow with her to compensate for her failure in bringing in a trainer. She decides not to tell Garon about Nathan and lets him know that this makes them even, so the next time they meet on the battlefield they’re back to being enemies…albeit in a playful way.
She flies up leaving Nathan alone and trapped in the gorge with seemingly no way out, until he discovers the Galar TM for Screech hatching an idea to teach it to Wimpod. It takes a day of screaming but it appears he’ll be getting recused soon thanks to Keith’s patrol and his Mightyena hearing.
So this section had some good character insight into Nathan and character growth Camilla. Given how FE Fates features relationship mechanics and even children units via some weird timey wimey pocket dimension nonsense I don’t understand, I think it’s fair to say that this may be a future couple attaining C-Rank or something…look my FE lingo is a little shallow. We also have a chance to finally see Bagon do some work and are given some new info on Wimpod. Overall, pretty good.

Evan and Freya’s section primarily focuses on the cannon with not too much deviation, primarily with them just commenting their two cents on what’s happening. They eavesdrop on Corrin’s conversation with Azura where she reveals that her situation is an inverse of Corrin’s; a princess from Nohr that was kidnapped and raised in Hoshido. She gives Corrin some perspective on how she has been warmly accepted by Queen Mikoto and the people of Hoshido and expresses that given the option, she would much rather stay in Hoshido then return to Nohr. Corrin thanks her but is still feeling overwhelmed given how his world has been rocked more times than a cavern of Graveller’s using Magnitude all at once.
The next morning Mikoto invites Corrin and the trainer’s to the throne room to let them know that she is holding a festival to announce Corrin’s return to help ease rumours of Nohrian spies and instil hope and security amongst the people. In the capital, preparations are being made and some time is spent showing just how well Hoshidan’s and Pokémon are co-existing. To be honest given how its only been a couple of days since they’ve arrived it is a little weird seeing just how well both sides are accustoming, although it is suggested multiple times in the games that Pokémon are naturally drawn to humans for companionship and since most of the Pokémon are rather docile such as Wooloo and Starly, instead of aggressive types like Mankey or Sneasel I can get behind it. However, one person who can’t get behind it is Takumi, an archer that is another member of the royal family who is highly suspicious of both Corrin and the Pokémon influences believing them to be ill signs.
However it appears there are more Pokémon sources than he realises since not only has Damon finished building his own personal firearm, another trainer’s location has been revealed; DK the Kalos chef. Somehow finding the resources to manage his own stall the cook tries his best to create a good chicken tomato soup, only to literally butcher the ingredients and add more spice than a traditional hot sauce, all to his Farfetch’d’s chagrin.
Eventually the announcement does arrive and all seems to be going well. Evan and Freya are praised for helping show off Pokémon relations with Growlithe and Sobble and Mikoto announces her son’s return. However, Growlithe’s nose twitches sin response to a strange cloaked individual. Before Evan can act on it, the figure stretches out their hand and causes Corrin’s sword to suddenly explode like a bomb, sending shrapnel flying everywhere. A piece heads straight for him when his mother uses her body as a shield, being thankful that Corrin is unharmed before succumbing to the wound and passing away in front of him. The tragedy of losing his mother just after meeting her pushes Corrin’s mental health past the breaking point, making him undergo a transformation into a white dragon hell-bent on destroying everything in sight in a blind rampage with Evan struggling to take everything in as the section comes to a dramatic end.
Similar to other sections in this story, here you let the plot of the games take up the driving force with not a lot of added content. However, given the dramatic weight and the significance of the story the scene’s here are I think in this chapter its excusable. There is also a nice friendly interaction between Evan and Freya after Azura’s chat with Corrin that I also enjoyed, the two playoff themselves well together.

So this chapter delivered a satisfying conclusion to Nathan’s own little story, re-introduced another OC trainer, and continued the plot of Fates to one of its most shocking events before the branch of fate. There’s a lot coming up and I’m looking forward to it.
Coral the Leviathan chapter 8 . 5/17/2020
Finally it is up! Nice going!

So, to start with, we got Nathan somewhat getting along with Camilla and somewhat getting through to her a thing or two about Pokemon. A bit cold, though, how the woman went and left the guy behind in that cavern with seemingly no way out. But, he'll think of something.

Meanwhile on the Hoshdan's side, we see Corrin, Evan, and Freya getting another tour around the plaza. This time, we see the people getting along very well with the Pokemon. The children's interactions with them were especially adorable~ Not only that, but we also see the return of a certain chef, whose skills are not just questionable in terms of that barbecue moment. Seriously... does he not have a cookbook? Does he not know the terror of a Tamato Berry when eaten in a big bite? His Farfetch'd especially was trying to tell the guy that the stew looks too much, but he didn't listen at all and thought it was all okay, so long as things went his way. Well, bozo. Look where that got that sad customer.

Audino is truly getting along with Sakura, considering how the thing went and kept her in a hug earlier. Truly is a hugging type, isn't it? And of course... there's Takumi... He who has a strong distrust for non-Hoshidans, especially, clearly, Pokemon. I can't wait to see one save his life and make him realize that he was wrong about Pokemon.

So now! We made it to the point where Corrin turns for the first time, and we see the soon-to-be return of a blind officer. Looking forward to the next chapter
Antex-The Legendary Zoroark chapter 8 . 5/16/2020
Excellent work! Ooh boy! You have me pumped up for the next chapter! Keep this up and see ya next update!
54godamora chapter 8 . 5/16/2020
Oh no. So it begins: Corrin's true nature. Let's hope Azura can calm his heart. . . and hopefully win it over.

Seriously. Do. Not. Kill. Azura. Off! Azurrin must live!
Jalarious27 chapter 7 . 4/12/2020
It’s been a while, but I’m finally getting around to reading this chapter. With it, hopefully some things will be resolved, and we also got some good battles and a new team member for Evan.

Things start off with Daman and Scraggy looking for food, which is when he noticed Ryoma and the others return to the city. Of course, he notices the similarities between him, Evan, and Freya, which piques his curiosity. Although, before he can think about it anymore, a Growlithe comes and takes the food. Considering that he has seen Evan and the others, I doubt it will be too long before he joins them or runs into them formally.

Next, we get the audience with Queen Mikoto. She is reunited with her daughters, as well as the precious Audino that accompanies them. She is then told about Pokemon and how Evan and Freya ended up in this world. Thankfully, her reaction wasn’t a negative one, though I don’t believe Mikoto would’ve had a very negative reaction, given her personality. I feel bad for Evan and Freya for having to make such a tough choice, when all they really want to do is go home, but Mikoto has a point. They aren’t the only ones that were brought there, and they aren’t the only ones that have been burdened by this. Her people need help to get used to this situation, as well, and with their knowledge, they can do that. It is a tough decision, but I believe that it was the right one to make.

Before it becomes time for the announcement, the guys and gals split up and do their separate things. Evan has a heart to heart moment with Corrin, which I thought was nice. The two definitely seem to have a close connection, despite hardly knowing each other for a few days. I’m not surprised that he is having a hard time processing everything. He has gained a lot of new information within the last few days, and a lot of important information, at that. Though, Evan is able to show a bit of wisdom, which helps settle the mood a bit. I also enjoyed the conversation with him and Kaze about Evan’s world. There are certainly a lot of differences, especially in the technological sense, but they’ve still got a lot of things going for them, as well.

Soon after, they run into the very same Growlith that had stolen the stolen food form Daman. Using his observational skills, Evan noticed that the pup was hungry, thus leading to a new friend and part member. From what I can tell, Growlithe definitely acts like a puppy would, but I get the feeling that he will make an excellent addition to the team.

Says they would go to a sweet shop, and then cuts to them eating potatoes…Nice XD It is probably a sweet I’ve never heard of, unless it is, like, a sweet potato, since there was sugar on it…Anyways, enough with my rambling about food lol. The girls talk a bit about Evan, and then the conversation moves to Corrin. I honestly really like Hinoka. She cares so much about her siblings, especially Corrin, and she is just so happy to know that he was able to make a friend, despite being taken from home by King Garron. She is a strong warrior, but she still shows that she cares, and I feel like this scene did a good job of showing that.

Once the announcement starts, it is revealed that Evan and Freya will have a battle to show how people are capable of working together with Pokemon. It also serves as a way to show the people of Hoshido that Pokemon are intelligent creatures and that they choose to fight alongside their trainers. Despite still lacking bountiful experience, the battles were pretty good. I like how crafty you seem to be making Evan out to be. It makes sense, since he did go to school and learn about Pokemon for years before becoming a trainer. It makes sense for him to be able to come up with some tricks, but Freya has picked up some tricks of her own after watching Evan battle a few times. She even took a page from his book and taught Whirlpool to Sobble, which helped immensely, especially with the newly learned Water Pulse. Despite Evan’s Metapod evolving into a Butterfree, the battle was still a pretty close one, taking the newly befriended Growlithe to turn the tides and make things an even match. It is a bit unfortunate that the battle was cut off short by Ryoma, but I’m sure the match will be settled at some other time, given by how the two responded to the tied battle. Thankfully, the citizens of Hoshido seem to be a bit more willing to try and accept Pokemon and treat them with respect. I’m sure some things will happen that might challenge that, but they will ultimately get through it together.

After a nice dinner, the mood is a bit down with Evan and Freya. Although, you can’t really blame them. They’ve been through a lot in such a short period of time. Evan even had to stab a Faceless. That definitely isn’t something easy to take in, especially when you know that the craziness isn’t over yet. Though, Growlithe tries to cheer his new trainer up by showing his affection, which is really adorable. I can see things between Evan and Freya getting a bit more romantic over time, especially with the joke about a date earlier. They just seem to get along and joke well with each other. It also definitely helps boosts their spirits up.

Overall, this was another really good chapter. I am looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Kallerston chapter 7 . 3/16/2020
The newest chapter so far focuses on almost completely new scenes focusing on our Hoshidan Pokémon trainers.

The first of these is our Alolan troublemaker Damon, who is busy trying to cook a meal for himself and Scraggy. We learn that Damon’s criminal rep wasn’t just stealing from cash registers but that he was once a member of Team Skull. This indirectly points out that he probably doesn’t have a Z-Ring, so we won’t be getting Z-Moves this story. In fact, with Power Spots exclusive to Galar, and our Kalos and Hoenn trainers unlikely to possess Keystones, its unlikely Dynamaxing and Mega Evolution will feature here either essentially giving this story just the basic Pokémon battle system. Not that, that’s a bad thing it did work for 14 years. Back on topic, Damon is interrupted from his cooking by a commotion coming from the streets. This turns out to be the return of Ryoma along with his family, the two trainers, and the wild hugging Audino. Damon is rather ignorant of the whole situation but seems to notice something different about Evan and Freya. However, before he can continue his thought, Scraggy alerts him to a wild Growlithe stealing the food he worked so hard to steal. No honour among thieves it seems. Scraggy goes to stop him only for Growlithe to escape and leaving Scraggy to burn himself against the cooking fire, clearly this Pokémon doesn’t have a lot of battling experience. So with his food stolen Damon begrudgingly goes back to a personal project of his to make a weapon…featuring ammunition and chambers…oh dear.

The next setting is the throne room where Mikoto happily greets her children and comes face to face with Audino. The queen is then informed by Evan and Freya of the true nature of themselves and the sudden Pokémon outbreak. After this information is revealed Mikoto decides the best course of action is to gather the kingdom together to publicly address and reveal the situation with Evan and Freya having a public Pokémon battle to help demonstrate the peace and co-operation Pokémon can provide. After the meeting is adjourned Freya suggests some guy/girl time with Corrin and Evan spending time with Kaze, and Freya spending time with the Hoshidan sisters and Rinkah.

Evan’s group talks about the similarities and differences between both worlds such as city size, technology, magic and ninjas. Corrin however has been spaced out this whole time as he’s still coming to grips with basically all the earth-shattering revelations that have happened to him in the last couple of days. He asks Evan what it is like to be so far away from home, and Evan compares it to Corrin wanting to leave the fortress, and how everything else since then has been a twisted nightmare. But on a more uplifting note Evan considers it part of life, he wanted an adventure and he got one. Just not one he expected.
Suddenly a commotion occurs in front of fried meat counter where the Growlithe from before is yipping for a chunk. Evan decides to deal with the situation and does so in a non-violent manner. Deciding to buy one of the meat sticks himself to feed the Growlithe and immediately leaving a positive impression as he starts affectionately following him wherever he goes.

Freya’s group is much more casual with the conversation being primarily about friendship. Specifically, Evan being friends with Freya and Corrin. The conversation gets Freya thinking about how Evan has basically been getting her through this and begins thinking about her future battle, bringing out the TM and Pokémon she got last chapter to think up a strategy.

In the afternoon Mikoto and Ryoma begin the announcement in the city plaza. They say that they’re from another land but they are not linked to Nohr and they won’t attack without reason, with Audino being a prime example. Ryoma asks the people to be open to the possibility of Pokémon and to prove his point he asks Evan and Freya to step up.
This leads to the two engaging in their second Pokémon battle starting off with Squirtle vs Sobble. This battle showcased Freya and Sobble’s growth in just a couple of days, with Freya showcasing an impressive display of strategy by using the newly acquired Whirlpool in conjunction with Sobble’s ability to camouflage itself in water (which was really clever) and how Sobble didn’t start crying and become too timid to fight back. However, it still isn’t enough to beat Evan’s studies and Squirtle’s newly learnt Bite which plays Freya’s strategy into his own to beat the rival water starter.
Freya brings out Snom next who easily dispatches the exhausted Squirtle thanks to a lucky freeze with Powder Snow. Evan brings out his own bug type via Metapod and the battle continues. With neither Pokémon exceptionally strong this fight becomes one of stamina, with Snom’s range helping her push the tide of battle in Freya’s favour. However, Metapod’s determination pushes it to evolve into Butterfree, with its increased stats and learning the super-effective move Gust it easily takes down Snom in one fowl swoop.
Finally Freya sends out her last Pokémon; Rolycoly to do battle with Evan who is able to use Rapid Spin to counteract the speed decreases of Butterfree’s Electroweb before learning the 4x super-effective Smack Down to knock Butterfree out. It seems like Evan’s lost the battle with his two Pokémon unable to continue when Growlithe steps forward to fight alongside him. With Intimidate, Leer and Howl, Growlithe focuses on increasing its own stats and decreasing Rolycoly’s to get the advantage while Rolycoly tries to take it down before it gets too many hits in. This leads to a final encounter between Bite and Smack Down with Growlithe winning the clash and ready to end the battle when Ryoma abruptly cuts him off, saying that the people of Hoshido have seen enough.

The battle seems to have gone well with the people and Evan decides to call the battle a draw (but let’s be honest Evan defiantly would have won). The royal family thank the trainers and share their opinions on the battle and Evan decides to catch Growlithe earning him his third party member.

At the end of the day Mikoto guides Evan, Freya and Corrin to their sleeping arrangements with Mikoto especially showing Corrin around his old childhood bedroom. However, despite the sight Corrin is still unable to remember anything, with Mikoto deciding to give Corrin his own space and reassuring him that no matter what she considers him her child, hoping one day they can be a family again.

Freya and Evan on the other hand are out in the palace gardens with all six of their Pokémon out, enjoying the fresh air. Evan and Freya have a friendly chat with each other talking about their eventful day with some friendly banter from both sides. It’s quite nice to see the two just hang out, FE does have a support conversation mechanic so I can only imagine these interactions will end up being more important over time.
The chapter ends on the start of the final scene of Chapter 4 of Fates. With Corrin staring out into the sunset unsure of himself and more conflicted then ever before. When a mysterious singer catches his attention and the two lock eyes.

So, this was a pretty important chapter that kept the plot going. Freya got to show off her new Pokémon and TM from the previous chapter, Evan caught a new Pokémon, Damon and Scraggy got more time to show themselves and the stage is set to continue the Fates storyline.
Antex-The Legendary Zoroark chapter 7 . 3/5/2020
Good chapter! I loved it. You ended it at a good time as well! I wonder what Corrin will do while he talks with Azura? Their first meeting was kinda short and vague, so I’m hoping you might be able to expand on it a fair bit.

I also enjoyed the style both Evan and Freya had as well! Along with a new addition in the form of the Puppy Pokémon: Growlithe. Nice.

I had also wondered where Damon was, seeing as last time, he was around where everyone had their encounter with the Faceless. Now we know he’s currently in Hoshido. And if I’m not mistaken, is what he’s building perhaps a gun? Hmm... I wonder what’ll happen if that is indeed the case! I also hope all the Trainers will meet up soon as a full unit like you said. Also, would that unit also consist of that "mad doctor"? Lol. It’d be interesting.

On a final note, I also hope to see more of Corrin and Mikoto interactions as well, seeing as like with Azura, their relation wasn’t expanded on as much as it should’ve. Not to mention her "fate" later on. Ideas? I also realized that Takumi hasn’t been seen yet either I believe. What’ll happen when they encounter him? And what’s currently going on back in Nohr?

Update again when ya can! I hope to see more excellent work soon!

Also, could you perhaps PM me your schedule for writing if you have one? Thanks.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »