Reviews for Fire Emblem Fates: Trainer's Revelation
pichufan101 chapter 2 . 10/30/2019
This was a good chapter! It was worth the wait, while Evan got taken prisoner by Nohr, I’m sure some of the other trainers and the professor (I forgot his name sadly) might end up in either Hoshido or some other parts of Nohr.
54godamora chapter 2 . 10/30/2019
poor evan, he can't catch a break! he only has a tiny turtle and a caterpillar and he was in the worst place in Fates: Nohr aka classic Medieval Europe, no sugarcoating at all.

one rule: no. killing. off. Azura.
Jalarious27 chapter 1 . 10/6/2019
I apologize for taking a while yet again. This time, I have just been lazy XD I read this chapter like a week ago, but I am just now getting around to reviewing. I've been slacking a bit when it comes to reviewing on time, but hopefully I'll get better with that in the future. Anyways, I really enjoyed this first chapter. There really wasn't any action, but that is understandable, considering that this is just the first chapter, and it is supposed to set things up. Still, just seeing the variety of different characters, I am already interested in how things are going to go with this story.

Things are already starting out interestingly. From what I can tell, Evan is going to be the main character, since it seems as though he had the most time spent on him out of the different OC's. Judging by his conversation with his friends, I can tell he is going to be an...interesting character. I am quite intrigued with these dreams of his...both the one he had at the beginning of the chapter, as well as the ones about latex. Considering how much you like a certain Fire Emblem character, and judging on Evan's dreams...I have a feeling that there are going to be some really good scenes that come out of it XD Anyways, I find it interesting how you did the whole trainer system thing for the Kanto Region. In the show, it seems as though anyone can become a trainer, after they turn 10 years old. But the idea that they have to complete a certain amount of schooling and graduate is definitely a neat idea. It makes sense, too. Since trainers travel all over, it is important that they have a proper education. Anyways, we also get a funny conversation about Poopenschmir...hehe. I can't help but laugh at the name. That scene was really funny, but considering what happens afterwards, it is also very important to the plot. Also, I like how he picked Squirtle. I feel like Squirtle is probably the least popular Kanto starter. Blastoise used to be my favorite Pokémon, but I feel like Bulbasaur and Charmander are the most popular in recent times, so it is nice for Squirtle to be getting some love.

Oh boy. You've actually done it. The Scottish trainer has become reality! I love those memes, but at the same time, I feel like it will make things even more interesting. Sword and Shield aren't even out yet, so I'm curious of how you are going to work with that. Although, I suppose there have been a decent amount of new Pokemon that have been announced so far, and it isn't like she has to have all Galar region Pokémon. Either way, Sobble is my favorite of the three starters, so I look forward to seeing how she will grow with her trainer. I also wonder if the fact she plays the bagpipes is going to come in handy later on. I know not a lot of people love the sound of bagpipes, so maybe it could be used in a fight at some point XD Who knows?

I feel for you, DK. Really, I do. I suck at cooking, too. Although, I have the feeling that he will either improve over the course of the story, will find someone who enjoys his cooking, or it will be used for comic relief somewhere down the line, or perhaps a little of all three. As for Farfetch'd, it is definitely an interesting choice in partner. I suppose it makes sense for a chef to have a Farfetch'd, because of the leek they always carry around. Although, now that Sir Fetch'd is a thing now, I am definitely interested in seeing how this partnership evolves over time. Hehe. I just made a pun without realizing it.

Hmm...I am definitely curious about this mysterious character who has not been named. They have a Bagon as well, which has the potential of becoming a very powerful partner in deed. I don't really have much to say about this character, since we don't really know a whole lot about them yet, but I am definitely interested in seeing who exactly they are, and why their identity would need to be hidden for the time being.

It seems as though we are also going to be having a former Team Skull grunt joining in the adventure. Like his room mate said, I feel pity for Damon. Then again, he isn't really trying to improve. He is just sitting there and playing games with his Scraggy Although, I have a feeling that things will change once the adventure starts.

And we have yet another trainer whose identity is yet to be revealed. Although, judging by his Samurott, he must be a veteran trainer. Although, I also get an odd feeling that this trainer will
end up being somewhat similar to Duncan. Probably not exactly like Duncan, but I have a feeling he's got a similar training method to Duncan.

Keith is definitely a better member of the International Police than Looker, at least in my opinion. I have never really been a big fan of Looker. Although, Keith, on the other hand, seems to be a somewhat experienced trainer, having a Zoroa and a Mightyenna. I'm not sure if the Pidgey is a part of his team as well, or if the Pidgey as just helping him out, kind of like how Pokémon Rangers have wild Pokémon help them out and then let them go back into the wild. I am also interested in seeing how his two Pokémon continue to act around each other. If they continue bickering like this, I can tell things are going to be really entertaining.

And then we get, whom I am assuming is Corrin's, point of view. Not much happens with him just yet, but I'm sure that will change soon enough.

Poopenschmir, you've done goofed. And this, kids, is why you should never mess with interdimensional travel. Although, this is definitely a good setup to the rest of the story. I'm not entirely sure if this dragon is a Pokémon, or if it is something from the Fire Emblem universe. Still, I am definitely looking forward to how this plays out.

Overall, I really enjoyed this chapter. I am looking forward to how you continue this new series!
William Sloan chapter 1 . 10/1/2019
Okay, so I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this story, mainly because I never played any of the Fates games, so I'm going in blind here.

I guess first things first, I'm getting a big Doof vibe from Poopenschmir, in terms of name and vague personality. My bigger question here is why didn't he just change his name back. I'm no lawyer or anything, but I'm pretty sure that you can't legally change someone else's name.

So like I said, I'm not entirely sure if I'll like this story, but I won't know till later.
Antex-The Legendary Zoroark chapter 1 . 9/29/2019
Whoohoo! Great start my friend! Loved the beginning of this. And that Poopenschmir guy is quite the character. Lol. But I digress. Looking forward to where this story shall go in the future! Keep the good work up!

Well done!
Kallerston chapter 1 . 9/29/2019
So here begins a brand-new crossover between Pokémon and Fire Emblem. Did this prologue set the ball rolling? Let’s dive in.

So, the very first scene of this is the finale, or more accurately a premonition of events to come. And in typical adventure fashion our protagonist starts his journey by waking up out of bed (see Legend of Zelda and Chrono Trigger).
This is the first of our eight main characters, our Kanto representative and the main protagonist Evan, a hard worker that manged to become a Pokémon Trainer at age sixteen. I suppose that is something that is never explored much, most naturally assume kids become trainers at age 10 or 11 because that’s what happens in the games and anime, but when you think about it those are special cases when the professor asks them too perform a task. Your response is definitely interesting but I digress. So, Evan meets up with his friends: Patrick, an aspiring pharmacist/medical scientist and Joseph an aspiring athlete. The three hand out, give gifts and say their farewells to their friend as they go their separate ways. The next day Evan goes to Professor Oak’s lab where he chooses his starter Pokémon… Squirtle. Not a bad choice and thematically appropriate since water is a big thing in FE: Fates at least to my knowledge. And so, after their fateful meeting Evan and Squirtle take their first step into Route 1 and are immediately sucked into a dark lifeless forest in another world. People always say watch out for the tall grass, but do the listen nooo~
But what is the cause of this sudden transportation? That we learn is the cause of someone we briefly meet earlier while Evan is hanging out, the Sinnoh rep; Doctor Peter Poopenschmir and his Pokémon Rotom. Try saying that five times fast. The mad Doctor (and by all accounts I have no doubts that he is in fact mad) reminds me a bit of Professor Pippy P Poopypants from the Captain Underpants books I read growing up (mostly the name) and that isn’t a bad thing. It is as a result of the discredited Hoot Hoot that these two worlds have been linked in the first place after one of his experiments links up with Fire Emblem Fates main antagonist… I’m sorry what was I talking about, probably not important. Either way I’m interested how a man of science will react to the primitive magic-based kingdoms of Hoshido and Nohr.
On the other side of the world we have the Galar region trainer Freya. Now this is ambitious, implementing a character from a region that hasn’t even come out yet is a bold choice. As for her Pokémon it’s Sobble another water type that is shy and only comes out when Freya plays the bagpipes because…Scotland, I guess.
Our Kalos trainer is no trainer at all and is in fact a disgraced chef; DK and his Farfetch’d. Believing BBQ sauce makes any dish taste good the chef is seen getting fired from his place of work and left to wander the streets. Poor guy, the way he intervened reminds me a bit of Linguini from Ratatouille. A shame his Farfetch’d can’t cook for him under his hat.
Hoenn brings us an unknown trainer with his Bagon that knows Hydro Pump of all moves. Again, water dragon, kind of important to Fates. He appears to be an athlete or performer of sorts based on his attire and how he and his Bagon are training to perform large tricks by utilising Hydro Pump to propel the two through the air. An interesting pair to be sure.
And from one tropical region to another we head to Alola to meet BlukJuice- I mean Damon and his partner ScragsMasta- I mean Scraggy. The way the two appear to be gaming experts staying in one room honing their craft reminds me of Sora and Shiro from No Game: No Life. However, their gaming habits are causing hassle for their roommate Tim who is stuck with the bill, not helped by Damon on probation after stealing from a cash register and unable to get a job. On one hand I feel for the guy, on the other he really should at least try to do SOMETHING to help his pal out.
Unova is probably the most mysterious of the bunch. No name. No appearance. Just a serious man training his Samurott. Samurai. Water. You get it at this point. Definitely the most serious and battle prepared of the lot.
Last but certainly not least comes Johto where we get probably my favourite trainer of the group; Keith Harris member of the Pokémon international police. His team is the most shown consisting of a Zorua, a Mightyena and despite being a Pidgey, based on its gloopy feathers I actually think it was a Ditto transformed into one of the wild Pidgey nearby. Keith is no nonsense and precise taking down a crook in no time flat, complete with a catchy line at the end. Nice.
We also have one more character. But this is no trainer, despite being given no name I have no doubt that this is Corrin the main character of Fire Emblem Fates. The male version as well, a bit surprised since the female one seems to be used much more (even in FE: Warriors) but I have no qualms with the male version. We see him sprinkled throughout the chapter and I have no doubt that he will be important to the fate of these trainers.

And that is the prologue, so far, I’m intrigued. With such a large diverse cast of trainers from all of the games main regions it’ll be interesting to see who sides with who. Will four fight for Hoshido and the other four for Nohr. Will they form their own independent group? And how far will they grow? Especially with Fates' story branching out into three different timelines. Only time will tell, and I look forward to waiting and finding out.
Kian Philippe Alag chapter 1 . 9/28/2019
ID you have my support :)

-sanantx
gundam 09 chapter 1 . 9/28/2019
Not a bad start, please make then next chapter soon.
Coral the Leviathan chapter 1 . 9/28/2019
Interesting enough of a start to me. We see a lot of characters who will be making their appearance in the world of Fates eventually. Of what I can see for Evan, he ended up in the last place anyone should, especially a stranger at this time; Nohr. Hopefully nothing goes wrong for him or his one and only Squirtle. And I do wonder how other Pokemon will start to appear here~ And how he will meet the royal family. Hopefully he meets them on a more friendly basis
54godamora chapter 1 . 9/28/2019
all eight? even though Galar isn't out yet?

props. let's hope the impact of the positive events outweigh the negative events.
BlueRaptor629 chapter 1 . 9/28/2019
Nice one. I like Poopenschmir because he awfully like Doofenshirmtz in a way.

Look forward for more!