Reviews for Let Winterlight Come
Sonzai Taz chapter 12 . 10/19/2007
Nice fic!
Dishonorable chapter 12 . 9/28/2007
You did a really good job, I enjoyed it immensely.
piwqefjk chapter 12 . 7/23/2007
This is a gorgeous story. I really like the way you've matched it with neutrals, and the way you don't detail the experiences covered in canon - it makes it a really good read.
Shulblaka Saphira chapter 12 . 5/22/2007
That was an awesome story. You kept true to neutral's way of writing, was awesome. Keep up the good work!
Marauder Madness chapter 12 . 1/23/2007
This was an EXCELENT continuation of neutral's Of Western Stars universe (which I love). I am very pleased someone continued the story. You write the chracters excelently (especialy Sirius, the overprotective mutt, heh) I particularly loved when Harry whistled Padfoot over on Platforn 9 and 3/4. Thanks also for all the great reconmentdations of stories.

I just checked your profile and found that there is a Sequel! *yay*, look forward to reading it.

Great work, please ocntinue writing.
Garnet Avi chapter 12 . 10/26/2006
I really enjoyed this story. Thank you for writing it.

I just recently came across this series, and I want to read it all. However, I think Clawtracks was taken down at some point, as your notes indicate more in the story than is posted. You don't happen to know where I might be able to find the rest, do you? Maybe someone with more direct communication with neutral could even get it reposted...

Again, thank you for the story, and the recs. Great work.
NocturnalFerri chapter 12 . 7/5/2006
I really enjoyed your story. i just found it today! You really held true to the Harry Potter and Neutral's work. :-) i loved how you combined the HPcanon 1st year and of western stars. It was especially interesting how you used harry's letters to link the two. Not that the sirius and remus interaction wasnt interesting enough...:-D You did a great job, and i...oh. LOL. i was about to say "i cant wait for the second year" then i checked your profile...HAHA. i guess i dont have to wait.
Disassembly of Reason chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
This story has been a great deal of fun. I enjoy watching Sirius and Remus interact with each other and with this AU's Harry.

(Mind you, Sirius' insistence on denying that Harry in no longer six years old is sometimes disturbing, but that goes with the AU.)

(Ritual disclaimer: In reviewing a story, I tend to concentrate on areas in a story that I think might benefit from further editing more than what I liked, so I will be talking about potential issues in the story more than the good stuff.)

The use of names used in referring to Sirius and Remus varies a lot in this first chapter, and it doesn't seem to be for effect. Remus is referred to as "Remus", as "Moony", as "the werewolf", and as "Lupin" without apparently indicating any change in the tone of the scene or the viewpoint being used to relate the story.

For instance, who in the scene would refer to Remus Lupin as "Lupin"? If Sirius' viewpoint were being used, I would expect "Remus" or "Moony" to be the term used to refer to him. Harry in canon uses that term, because he refers to all his professors by surname (or "Professor" and surname); that's a proper student/teacher form of address rather than a more personal relationship speaking.

It might be worthwhile to consider using the forms of address used to refer to a character to help clue the reader in to the state of mind of the viewpoint character and his/her relationship to the person being referred to. For instance, in Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry consistently referred to Sirius Black as "Black" until he learned that Sirius was innocent; only after that did Harry's viewpoint change over to using the more friendly "Sirius".

Good call that Sirius would normally be a late riser, and that the fanatically overprotective Sirius of this AU would be uptight about letting Harry out of his sight, especially after the experiences of Clawtracks.

The Omnioculars are an especially nice touch. I wouldn't care to be the owl delivering *that* letter.

"Remus shot him a death glare that would make evil wizards cringe and back off."

:) Very nice line.

Nice touch that Remus is in denial about attempting to spoil Harry.

"Gods, this was going to be one hell of a year."

Since Moony's direct thoughts are being transcribed here, they should be in the present tense to refer what he would actually be saying to himself.

Why "Icing Box" and not "icebox"? I did not notice a point in the story where "Icing Box" is defined as some magical device or some such thing.

- The following terms should be capitalized for consistency with canon: "Omnioculars", "Unplottable".

- "Potions", when referring to the name of the class, should be capitalized. The gentleman who currently (in this AU) teaches the subject should be referred to as the "Potions master" (note the 's' in the subject name, which has sometimes been dropped in the story).
vivelabookworm chapter 12 . 3/21/2006
Awesome fic!Truly awesome goodness here!
Sarah Jo chapter 12 . 3/19/2006
Wow. I love it _ You did a great job of keeping true to neutral's characterizations and relationships. Plus you have a different writing style. Very enjoyable to read.
LachwenII chapter 1 . 2/8/2006
LOVE the story!
PrettyArbitrary chapter 6 . 12/16/2005
I'm new to HP, and I think you and Neutral have spoiled me. You two are the first authors I've read, and I'm having a hard time imagining anyone can do it better.

Neutral's stories are terrific. The sensitivity she catches between the three is heartwarming, and the stories are very exciting. But you...there's a spark to the way you write Sirius and Remus that I don't think even she manages. Hers are more intense, but you capture the mischief of them.

The Howler made me laugh, but not as hard as their ongoing battles over who gets Harry's letters first. :D
Cao chapter 5 . 12/1/2005
hehe, I'm reading you're story right now and laughing my head off ... so, how am I going to read without my eyes? Please help!
W.1.n.g.G.o.d.d.e.s.s chapter 2 . 11/25/2005