Reviews for Let The Dead Lie
VeryPeeved chapter 2 . 3/25
i had hoped the false dichotomy was a one time thing, but now it's starting to seem like a theme. irritating, that and the lack of substance.
VeryPeeved chapter 1 . 3/25
need either perish? where is it written that a man can be only one person. all one needs is to control themselves, and their will shall be their only master.
Zeroan chapter 8 . 8/20/2020
What a good fucking fic. Many kudos to you for writing this, good sir/ma'am.
Guest chapter 8 . 8/19/2020
God this story all but broke me
BiiiiiiiiigBellyTheDragon chapter 8 . 6/29/2020
I loved this story! Such a brilliant and believable redemption arc, making Cinder Fall of all people sympathetic! Ngl tho, the part that gave me chills the most was how you described angry Pyrrha on the rooftops, and emphasized her warrior-...ness, I guess. That was the scariest Pyrrha I’ve ever encountered, period.

In any case, Let The Dead Lie has changed my perspective on Cinder, and I have a feeling she will be taking on a different path than originally intended in my own story. Excellent work!
TheSlySage chapter 8 . 1/30/2020
this story just about broke me
Dragon Blaze-X chapter 8 . 12/26/2019
fucking A where is the goddamn insulin this is so freaking sweet ;_; great work
Steelrain66 chapter 1 . 11/27/2019
Thanks for this heh, truly a interesting story
Demidragon chapter 8 . 11/27/2019
Ah my God! I love this story! Really satisfying end there, 10/10. Thank you so much for this tale.
SentinalSlice chapter 8 . 11/27/2019
I cried.
hirshja chapter 8 . 11/27/2019
That’s it? Damn it. You can’t end it here. I need more.
merendinoemiliano chapter 8 . 11/27/2019
Beatiful ending, i'm just a bit sad Mercury isn't around for an happy ending. Can't wait for next story if you'll do it.
speck of dust chapter 8 . 11/27/2019
Amazing
axel100 chapter 8 . 11/27/2019
A nice wholesome, feel good wrap up to Cin's story. Normally I might say something about Cinder being almost too warm and fuzzy but of course you did completely change her back story so her behavior does make sense. I'm surprised that by the end of the chapter Cinder has only being fighting Salem's lieutenants. Given her betrayal and new power level you'd think that Salem might have considered dealing with Cinder herself. And as strong as a maiden might be, she wouldn't stand a chance against Salem.

Finally, this has been a satisfying story to redeem and flesh out one of Rooster Teeth's most thinly characterized villains. Redemption arcs are fun but historically have become almost too common place. I've read them for Demona from Gargoyles, Azula from Avatar, GLADOS from Portal...While its fun to explore that aspect, sometimes its just fine to appreciate a character for what they are.

For me though, Cinder remains a simple malevolence. Ultimately, there may not even be any more layers to her personality than what we've seen. We shall have to see what Rooster Teeth serves up. Were I writing her, I wouldn't even have her be Cinderella at all but one of the ugly step sisters who was always jealous of her adoptive sister's happiness and assumed her identity as a way of giving the real Cinderella the middle finger. In the ugliness becomes a commentary on her lack of inner beauty which, as Cinder becomes more even more physically Grim-like, will soon be reflected in her ugly appearance.

Anyway, sorry this review turned into a thesis. Thanks again for this terrific story.
PasiveNox chapter 8 . 11/27/2019