Reviews for Burdens
Thehazeofdusk chapter 1 . 10/28/2019
I think I remember reading this on tumblr a while back and I’m so glad to see it up on ffn. I love the additional insight we get into Remy’s head; as always, you did it beautifully. He’s such a complex and multi-layered character, especially within 52 pickup, that its hard to pin his thoughts and emotions down quite so easily, and you pulled it off incredibly. The chaos of his head and his heart, his whole being really, is a really interesting dynamic to read, and it shows just how guarded and restrained he really is, something which you don’t necessarily outwardly see (at least not at first).

The confessions to Anna were really nice. You tangibly felt the pain of his admission and the aching need for consolation and comfort, something he hasn’t had for years and still wouldn’t receive at that moment in time. Yet he also does in a way, because even if Anna can’t hear, it still takes the weight off, and somehow that seems to make this little insight into this scene that much more melancholy. And within also comforting Anna, he’s also comforting himself, which is a really beautiful way to show the ebbing tendrils of his emotions and feelings towards her.

And fUCK DAMN was that good way to end it. I had to sit back for a minute and contemplate the whole fucking thing because sHit it was just that amazing (as it always is).

Thanks for writing this.
slightlyxjaded chapter 1 . 10/13/2019
Awwww I loved it! Remy went through so much and I’m glad he was able to find someone to be hurt and lonely with. Those feelings and memories won’t ever leave, but at least he has someone to share his new life with. I know he said he’d say those things to her if she was awake—I really hope he does. Beautifully perfect as always!
bustedflipflop chapter 1 . 10/12/2019
I put my own self in a neural stutter so that I could read this fresh like it's the first time!