Reviews for The Wind and the Flame
Scholarly-Cimmerian chapter 13 . 10/4
This was a solid conclusion. The scenes from the mover were very effective - I was particularly moved by the ending of the one with Akoko and her baby. Ouch... But the closing lines of this were also very well done too.

On a more lighthearted note, I also enjoyed the scenes with Bolin and Opal. You had humor (Opal noting that Varrick forgot about Zombie Amon was a good zinger XD), and heart too - they both felt very in-character, Bolin worrying that Opal crying at the movie, and Opal assuring him that she really did appreciate the film.

Glad to have seen this story through to its finish. _
Scholarly-Cimmerian chapter 12 . 9/25
Damn. Solid work as always with this chapter. I was particularly impressed by the conclusion here. (Though, on a lighter note, Bolin's tiredness at the premiere, plus him telling Opal "wake me up before I get killed" had me chuckle. XD)
Scholarly-Cimmerian chapter 11 . 6/21/2020
Damn. The opening scene with Bolin and Opal was funny, especially for Opal's comment at the end... and then the rest of the chapter slams hard into serious drama territory. Wow... Very good job all around, in particular with that very last sentence. Good minimalism there.
Scholarly-Cimmerian chapter 10 . 5/10/2020
Excellent work with this chapter as always! I chuckled to see Shiro Shinobi's part in the opening of this installment, and I really cracked up at Varrick being "economic" and getting Bolin and Rie tickets on the *really* early boat. Because that is so what he'd do. XD

Also, I really enjoyed the scene in the movie. That was really well-done, both faithful to the original movie you're drawing from here and also appropriate on its own as well. Superb. _
Scholarly-Cimmerian chapter 9 . 4/16/2020
I really got a laugh out of the Varrick portion of this chapter. That was so much fun, I had a laugh out of so much of the dialogue and exchanges there. XD
Scholarly-Cimmerian chapter 8 . 4/13/2020
Nice work as always with this chapter! I really enjoyed reading the scene with Bolin and Mako, as I really get a kick out of stuff with the two of them being brothers and all. (Still fun to see Bolin worrying over his hair. XD)

The movie scene was well-done too. The conclusion was really nicely done.
Scholarly-Cimmerian chapter 7 . 4/5/2020
This was good reading. I particularly enjoyed the scenes from the movie in the chapter, especially with the Earth King and the head of the Dai-Li. Very well done!

It was also fun to see Bolin and Korra talk too. I chuckled at Bolin's reaction to the idea of Korra having met with Zuko, he is *such* a fanboy. XD
Scholarly-Cimmerian chapter 6 . 3/18/2020
This was fun to read. Especially seeing Zuko again. He's great. XD
Scholarly-Cimmerian chapter 5 . 3/14/2020
Solid work as always! I really enjoyed the in-movie scene, that made for some good drama to watch unfold.

And then there was the ending of this chapter, which was just hilarious as a cliffhanger. Oh boy, Bolin, please don't try to geek out or freak out too badly! XD
Scholarly-Cimmerian chapter 4 . 1/12/2020
As always, the scenes from the story of the mover are quite well-done and fascinating to read. I particularly enjoyed the concluding one in this chapter!

And in regard to the scenes with Bolin and the others making the mover, I really got a kick out of Varrick's arrival and his freakout over this hurdle in production. XD "They've Zhu-lied us," oh my God...
Scholarly-Cimmerian chapter 3 . 12/15/2019
I laughed at the opening scene and seeing Bolin's reaction to his newly-shaved head. That was hilarious, I could so hear that. XD

Also, Tenzin and Pema's scene was good too. Funny (Tenzin recalling Uncle Zuko was a nice touch) and still sweet at the end.

The scenes from the mover's story itself continue to be interesting as well. I especially enjoyed the final one in the chapter, that was quite well done. Good word choice at the very end...
Scholarly-Cimmerian chapter 2 . 10/23/2019
This was a fun chapter. I laughed at Varrick handing the directing over to Zhu-Li because he knows he can't direct deeper, dramatic pictures. Good on him for knowing his limitations!

And the phone call between Opal and Bolin had some nice moments too. The ending line from Bo in particular was funny. XD
Scholarly-Cimmerian chapter 1 . 10/19/2019
This looks like a great start to a story. I've always been interested by what could have been done with Bolin's acting career, and for that matter, movies and such in the Avatar/Korra world. Definitely looking forward to seeing where this will go in the future!