Reviews for A Premonition of Drift-Design
Lasers In The Sky chapter 6 . 5/24
Bruce is so soft here…this is the man he would have needed to be to become anything other than Batman. This is SO beautiful.
ChishioShakun chapter 6 . 8/29/2021
Thank you for writing this.
Blaze Zion chapter 1 . 4/20/2021
These are the type of stories I love to read. I hope I can see your work in NovelStar. There are also a lot of talented writers in that platform. You may check their group on Facebook.
uberdriver101 chapter 6 . 2/11/2021
This just proves that all his sons are drawn to him even when they weren’t robin. I dunno probably just the family obsessed dork in me. I still like to think their souls are intertwined throughout the multiverse though
Hitokimi chapter 6 . 12/4/2019
It would be a bit interesting to see this Tim meet Dick.. and even Jason. Although since it’s a non-cape AU I’m not sure how it would happen.. Maybe Tim going to see Dana or such at a hospital or even Dana going to visit a ‘friend’ she made during her stay and Tim finding Jason there..
Rookblonkorules chapter 1 . 11/25/2019
*settles back in chair* Ah, so guess who actually has time now that Thanksgiving is here? Looks like this is going to be a good read!
Okay, so for starters- I love that you tell us that Tim had to crane his neck to actually look at Bruce. It’s sooo much better than just telling us that he was tall. And it really kind of gives us a glimpse of how nervous Tim must be- which is understandable. He’s in an entirely new environment and… as someone who’s had a few anxiety attacks when entering into new environments, I find this very relatable.
Also, Caroline Crown- nice work with the alliteration! A nice throwback to when comic characters’ names had to, well, alliterate- is that a word? It’s a word now. I mean… they still do alliterate, because their names didn’t change, but… *flaps hand in the wind* whatever.
“A hand extends, gold cufflinks sparkling.” Again, love this detail. I know Tim also comes from money so he’s probably used to people dressing like this, but it still kind of adds to the vibe that Tim is feeling a bit out of his league here.
And the handshake! Love how Bruce is just working to put Tim at ease here.
Also, Tim’s uncertainty when it comes to Bruce is just so… ouch. Like, honestly, why would he trust Bruce, all things considered right now? Bruce is the CEO of a massive company. He’s a powerful man. Why would he waste time on someone like Tim? (ASKFBGV, Timmy! You’re not a waste of time!) But I’m looking forward to seeing that trust build between the two of them.
And you included Dana! I don’t remember how I felt about her- I don’t think she made enough of an impression on me, but the fact that you included her is so interesting!
Oof, that ending though! That was… that was heavy. I wonder what the circumstances surrounding his father’s death in this will be… Poor Timmy!
feathered moon wings chapter 6 . 11/3/2019
Good 'ol contemplative silence by the sea while talking to you long dead father. And some good 'ok father figure sitting by your side while you wallow in a bit of sadness. We hit all the right points as we come around the title of the story. I give them all good cliches a big asss like and kudos.

I love a nice ending like this, it's like a written present (,:

On a last note, I really enjoy this strange thing Bruce and Tim had going, the inexplicable conetion (quite and kinda sudden) and the very poetic father missing son finds a son missing a father.

Anyway, I had quite the nice ride, thanks for the lovely trip :D
Loftcat27 chapter 6 . 11/1/2019
CrownedinJune chapter 6 . 11/1/2019
Another amazing fic! You have such lovely writing and it evokes the emotions of a place not just the image. I could see the apartment, the office, the restaurants and really feel the atmosphere of each. Also your closing line was poignant. I liked the incorporation of the poem into the title and into the story. Looking forward to what's next!
feathered moon wings chapter 5 . 10/31/2019
This was beautiful. Very, very.
I kind of read this in parts through the day so maybe the full weight of it didn't settle fully with me, which is such a shame because the ending really got me.
They are both just so gentle and insecure about their place in the others life. That was very nicely portrayed by the way.
Also, ugh, the sheer WEIGHT of having these things on your shoulders, again, I know I mentioned it last chapter but it's amazingly awful. The whole, my life is being uprooted and I'm going I to foster care thing.
Taaaaaammmm. I really like that girl.
I also think I felt a bit of desperation coming from Bruce this chapter, which, very nice. Connecting by sharing crippling emotional experiences. Nice.
Also, aslo. BREAKDOWN. Finally haha, is been waiting for it for some chapters now. And just, fun, not being alone ): the realisation is so melancholic but happy at the same time.
I hurt. But I hurt good. Good job :)
Loftcat27 chapter 5 . 10/31/2019
Awwww :)

Happy Halloween!
feathered moon wings chapter 4 . 10/30/2019
I always really liked Dana and wished to explore her character (just like I did Janet herself). This womanly figures in Tim's life that could have such depts to them. And the idea that Dana would stay and care for Tim despite only knowing him for relatively little time was always so appealing to me.

It's very sad ): so so very sad.

Ooooh real life hits the fan, damn it. I love the shear weight that social services presents to Tim. It literally looms over him and he's just a teen and his whole support system has just collapsed onto him. It's so heavy and I just love this kind of weight and the, naa, it's not worth it to bother Bruce with this.
God yes, give me more drama like this.

And damn, he's just going to be shipped off to foster care and probably not be bale to be in the same school he was and a load of other heavy stuff!
Loftcat27 chapter 4 . 10/30/2019
feathered moon wings chapter 3 . 10/29/2019
Slow healing come to me baby. I do hope there's a grief relapse somewhere in the next chapters. This seems too easy hehe.

Ooooh, so we got a connection hereee. I thought this was his usual parents dying stuff. But nop, Jason is here and he dead and wow, so this is much more painful than previously anticipated. So, just to be clear, Bruce's only son is/was Jason, right?

For a moment there I though this was going to go to the road of "You're only doing this with me because you se your son in me. I'm not your son." when Joe told him the story.

I really appreciate quiet idle moments like this in fiction. Just sort of being.
Loftcat27 chapter 2 . 10/28/2019