Reviews for The Potions Master
Randomly Talented chapter 2 . 11/1/2019
Yes more limerick! And I love that Harry is just "NOPE!" Shush Snape, this conversation isn't happening. Lol. Have fun at the amusement park :3
Blue Luver5000 chapter 1 . 10/31/2019
Great chapter!
Buchling chapter 1 . 10/31/2019
HaHaHa - Trying to make a coming of age party end at midnight and to impose sex segregated sleeping rooms is hilarious. It's never going to happen, at least where I am from and I can't imagine Britain to be very different in that regard. Nice try though. Lol - I'm still laughing. I do wonder though how your Snape would react if (or when) they get their hands on some serious booze. Maybe that could happen sometime in this story?

Please do not make Draco bounce back to quickly. He did literally help to kill his own father. That is not something one overcomes easily.
JenMur chapter 1 . 10/31/2019
Oh boy! This could be an interesting ride! :)
Faerlina chapter 1 . 10/31/2019
*squeals* I loved it!
Abbyleo chapter 1 . 10/31/2019
I know we already talk about this but will you have the snape and Harry fighting a lot for like a big conflict I know I mean I bet there will be a bigger conflict but like I said last time are u going to put in like Harry is not like unwanted but feelings unwanted from snape and Draco. Having Draco and snape doing more things like a father and son does and Harry is off in the sidelines?
Guest chapter 1 . 10/31/2019
I like to see how this goes.
KVEDW9647 chapter 1 . 10/31/2019
nice beginning
AimeretVivre chapter 1 . 10/31/2019
Recently found your stories and have enjoyed them thus far! You have a great writing pace and interesting ideas, and although there are some phrases that are a bit awkward at times (I thought perhaps Americanisms, but I see from your profile page you are not a native English speaker), overall the language is very good. Congratulations on two well done fics and the promising start to a third.

Having said all that - and truly I am enjoying the story - you have hinted at something in this new sequel which makes me cringe just a bit, because it is a particular pet-hate of mine. There is no such thing as a 'Potions Master' in the sense I fear you are headed.

This a common misconception/trope in HP Fanfiction - usually promulgated by non-UK writers - but it is NOT compliant with the HP characters or world, or with British culture. Snape is called the 'Potions Master' because he is a teacher of potions - and that's it. It is a job title, not a certificate or achievement through apprenticeship or scholarship or anything of the like. It isn't the wizarding world's equivalent of a university degree (or higher university degree). It's what we would, in Britain, call the male teacher for that particular subject (example, Flitwick is the Charms Master). It occurs in the 'Muggle' school world as well, and most especially in older, more traditional or posh boarding schools. The word takes its roots from the Latin 'magister' (which means teacher). The term 'master' is, incidentally, usually used whether the teacher is male or female. Similarly, the head teacher may be called the 'headmaster', and the teacher or supervisor in charge of overseeing students in their particularly houses or dormitories may be called the 'house master' or 'dorm master' (like Hogwarts Head of House). (And yes, 'houses' and 'prefects' are also actual, Muggle boarding school terms that are common throughout the UK.)

Too often in fanfics authors who are not British and not familiar with this tradition do not understand that the term 'master' is used to mean 'teacher'. They then typically go down a long, contrived road involving apprenticeships and exams and gruelling training and publishing... all to attain a 'mastery' in Potions (or Defence, or whatever the subject may be). It's simply not how it works, in HP or otherwise.

I do apologise for the bit of a rant, but I really do enjoy your writing style and your pacing of this story - which is different and unique in many ways. And because of that, I should hate to see the sequel veer off into overdone and factual incorrect territory, when it has so much potential.

Wishing you the best and looking forward to a continuation, whatever you decide.
FED-NS chapter 1 . 10/31/2019
Finally an interesting birthday party)) I'm starting to think that Luna and Draco would be an awesome couple)))

Harry's a potions master, hurray! I never really liked his wish to become an auror. Potions are much more interesting.
Especially with Snape)

Good work! Thanks for the chapter!
Sevanadium chapter 1 . 10/31/2019
Yee! I'm so stoked that there's more to read after my binge yesterday haha. The 'never have I been in Gryffindor' line made it in and I may or may not have snorted. I'm really looking forward to reading more and honestly can't wait :D
(I don't often see just plain old Harry pursuing a career in potions and it's always been something I've loved)
Randomly Talented chapter 1 . 10/31/2019
It's unbelievably hilarious that Snape just assumed that they would have an orgy. Lmao. He clearly doesn't know Harry at all. Or Draco for that matter. (Luna tho...) I see exactly the person your pairing and I am okay with it. I trust your character development skills so I shall not complain. And Snape is a genius, a limerick potion? Yes please. I was dying. I am so ready for this story. SO EXCITED! :D
Anne Alice Louise chapter 1 . 10/31/2019
can't wait to read more, your stories are as always a joy to read
Guest chapter 1 . 10/31/2019
Complimenti, spero che non accada qualcosa di brutto piĆ¹ avanti.
Slightlyoddkat chapter 1 . 10/31/2019
I've loved your previous two stories. Can't wait to read.
945 | « Prev Page 1 .. 53 60 61 62 63