Reviews for Emerald Island (Indefinite Hiatus)
Wolfbane chapter 21 . 12/27/2019
Great story so far.
TheGreatBubbaJ chapter 21 . 12/22/2019
For some reason I have trouble imagining Izuku in festival garb.
Vision chapter 21 . 12/21/2019
I really enjoyed this chapter as it is nice to see them being just students once in a while. I was not expecting Tokage to be fine with Nemu being interested in her Father. However, I don't think he is being dense I think he may have feelings for her but does not want to act on them as he feels like he would be betraying his late wife and his daughters would not agree with it. I think they just need to be honest with him and let him know it is okay for him to move on and that she would not want him to be alone for the rest of his life. I hope to see a marriage later on in this story. I expect it wont be a big wedding but a small one with only a selected few who would be invited. Poor Izuku is going to keep dodging the questions but eventually he will have to answer them. I did like that X-men tie in. I did enjoy Tokage's Father and hope to see more of him soon and Izuku wont survive if they both start teasing him.
My favorite part was where Yanagi used her quirk to not only hold up her books but also to write with. Her quirk is looking better and better. Despite not be able to fly with it she makes up for it with her hover disk. Also I can see her mastering the technique Izuku learned with manipulating an object as well as developing her own version of the hellstorm but with little objects called "Witching Whirlwind" (named after the Witching Hour which a time of night that's associated with supernatural events). Will she also develop sphere weapons like Zenyatta from Overwatch. I like her ability to manipulate clothing which will help with taking down villains once she disarms them with her Heist technique. I can see her learning from Best Jeanist on perfecting her clothing manipulation technique. She could have interned with him I did not think of this idea before. Yangai's quirk so far is becoming my favorite based off of her control alone and how Yanagi has learned to work around her weight limit. She is becoming my favorite and hope the next story would be focused on her. Looking forward to how you expand on her more.
I could image Izuku having this quirk if he inherited a quirk from his parents as it is a a minor upgrade to his Mother's own quirk and he would have the addition of manipulating fire instead of just objects. I know that this story is already based off of a Izuku with Telekinesis but I would like to see one with a Izuku with a quirk like this. A weak quirk where he has to be creative with it as well as learn to work around its weaknesses and may have to use support gear or a weapon in order to use it or to bring out its full potential. An example would be Snipe with his quirk, Homing. He can control the trajectory of his projectiles but he needs a weapon to fire these projectiles and he does not create his own. I am looking forward to the finals. Tokage and Kaibara will have to learn to work around their weaknesses to beat Ectoplasm. Tokage will have to find an exit for them while also guarding Kaibara's blind spots while he will have to use his head as I'm sure he can take down the clones but they can just regenerate. Izuku and Yanagi will have to really think out side of the box in order to beat Fubuki, They rely to much on their quirks and they will have to work around this. Keep up the great work and looking forward to the next update. Take all the time you need, quality over quantity.
Sam chapter 21 . 12/21/2019
Absolutely loved this chapter! So many good moments.

Izuku and Setsuna getting closer and closer with each chapter. Izuku has fallen hard for her and hasn’t even realized it yet. It’s funny how Setsuna’s dad says that she might be a bad influence on him and then we see him checking her out. Also is Setsuna’s dad supposed to be Buggy the Clown? That would be a nice little Easter-Egg.

So Pony goes to the Xavier Academy huh? I wonder if the principal there is a bald man in a wheelchair. I also appreciate how “Florida Man” is still very much alive in BNHA future. I can image what kind of nonsense comes out of there now that most of everyone has quirks.

I kinda feel bad for Izuku and Reiko. They pretty much have to go up against someone who’s a combination of both of them but better. We haven’t seen the upper limits of Fubuki’s powers yet and I feel like she’s on a whole different compared to those two. Can’t wait to see how they make it out of this one.

Great chapter!
Guest chapter 21 . 12/21/2019
Yeah...they’re fucked.
Char chapter 21 . 12/21/2019
This actually is a pretty smart move by UA when you think about it. Because both Midoriya and Yanagi now have the ability to fly the can easily pass the exam if it’s still the same rules. Bringing Fubuki in is smart because she’s literally a stronger version of Midoriya who directly takes their main advantages away. I’m sure that the two of them will win. But it definitely won’t be an easy fight. And to make this even funnier Yanagi is actually using a move that she invented.

Glad to finally see Tokage’s dad. He seems like a really good guy. And apparently he’s the one person alive who can resist the charms of the R-Rated heroine. Poor Midnight.
Creature of Grimm chapter 21 . 12/21/2019
wololo1 chapter 21 . 12/21/2019
hey after the exam why introduce inko to fubuki? i wanna see their reaction and can inko adopt fubuki maybe? cuz why not? make the green family even bigger
flyd chapter 21 . 12/21/2019
Wait... because Yanagi's quirk is entirely weight based wouldn't that mean that her and midoriya would synergies incredibly well due to Midoriya being able to do all the heavy lifting and effectively letting Yanagi do all of the actual direction of the objects. Assuming Yanagi can still influence objects under midoriya's control their combined potential would be so powerful. (and imagine if they got uraraka in on this shit like hang on a second but that would make yanagi broken as hell. Also while im on this train of thought setsuna would be able to fly around giant boulders with parts of her body if uraraka removed their weight, or she could easily pick up vehicles and move them to safe locations in rescue situations. I think Midoriya, Yanagi, Tokage and Uraraka would be an op combination, especially for large scale rescue operations in urban settings)
Gale chapter 20 . 12/20/2019
Lovely interaction between Izuku and Setsuna. It’s nice time see that Izuku is starting to fall for her despite her antics. And that she’s upfront about her feelings. It’s not something that you see in a lot of fics. But Tokage is very straightforward person.

I have a feeling that Nezu’s already figured some things out but isn’t saying anything because he doesn’t want to jump to conclusions. That or he wants Nighteye to keep his distance.

I always love a good come from behind win. Jiro is a Tyrone if the few students that Midoriya needs to actively avoid in situations like this. He’s almost unbeatable in a 1-on-1 fight. But with some good planning you can take him out just as easily as everyone else. And I’m glad that he was able to make a fool out of Bakugou.

Looking forward to more of this story.
Gale chapter 19 . 12/20/2019
Glad to see that 1-B isn’t phased by Bakugou and his antics. He seems way more unhinged than in the manga.

I also love how everyone knows that something is going on between Izuku and Setsuna except for the 1-A guys. I just think it’s funny.

Well, now Izuku is going to have a major target on his back just in case something crazy happens. I’m fine with Mirio receiving OfA. He’s the one person in ten show that I think deserves it the most based on what we’ve seen from the characters. I can already see this entire situation going to shit.
Gale chapter 18 . 12/20/2019
I like the orphanage scenes. I’m glad that all those kids have somewhere nice to live. I’m willing to be that their lives aren’t the greatest.

Major red flag for Unohana though. If he’s looking to study chemical engineering. That makes it very likely that he’s cooking up the formula for the bombers. You did mention that he was a genius a few times. It’d actually be really sad if it were true because he seems like a good who has a lot going for him and a good head on his shoulders. But hatred makes people do stupid things. I’ll be looking out for an update from I-Island just in case.
Gale chapter 17 . 12/20/2019
Sad to see that 1-A ain’t doing too hot. But it makes sense considering Izuku isn’t in their class and they just lost a classmate. I also love how Bakugou isn’t really a threat to Izuku in this fic.
Gale chapter 16 . 12/20/2019
Well it’s pretty clear that Izuku got his quirk from AfO. And I’m betting that it’s actually Tatsumaki’s quirk. It makes too much sense.

Tatsumaki goes missing two years ago under mysterious circumstances. And then Midoriya goes missing about a year ago and then winds up with a powerful telekinesis quirk that is very similar to Fubuki’s.

I like the new haircut. And apparently so does Setsuna. Nice to see her get a bit hot under the collar every now and then.

Sad about Iida. But when you play stupid games to you win stupid prizes.

I’m liking these Nejire interactions. Hopefully we can get a bit more of them.
Gale chapter 15 . 12/20/2019
Nice to know that Tatsumaki’s personality is the same as it is in the OPM series. I feel bad for Fubuki though. Having your sister just flat out disappear one day without a word is rough on anyone.

I highly doubt that Inko is Tatsumaki though. Like a few people in the comments have guess. If you’re sticking with their characters from OPM then that would mean that Fubuki is only 23 while Tatsumaki is 28. And Inko is well into her forties. Plus, it’d be hard for a top hero to lay low like that since everyone knows her face.
1,039 | « Prev Page 1 .. 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 56 .. Last Next »