Reviews for Emerald Island (Indefinite Hiatus)
Markacin chapter 15 . 11/30/2019
I may be looking too much into things, but Tokage's mom wouldn't happen to be the same firefigther that saved Ember, right?
MosesArk Reborn2000 chapter 15 . 11/30/2019
Man oh man, Setsuna gonna have a blast teasing the poor boy, though it is concerning that he doesn't know how friends act around each other, maybe a self help book?
Also, why do I have a feeling that Iida ain't gonna be there...
Mess It Up chapter 15 . 11/30/2019
Really cool update! I’m preparing myself for bad news for 1A next chapter, but I think I can take it.. I honestly think you should go with option B, the black Jacket. I feel like it fits this fics Izuku better, and maybe he could change some of his under costume to green to balance it out? I think it would be neat. Anyway, great chapter! Hope to see an update soon
Vantablack chapter 15 . 11/29/2019
Black, as all good things shall be.
Jeff chapter 15 . 11/29/2019
I just finished reading the last chapter and then you bless us with another one. You’re great!

You did it... You motherfucker you actually fucking did it! You killed off Iida. I knew it was going to happen. But part of me hoped that it wouldn’t. At least Shinsou won’t have as much trouble getting into the hero course now...I guess. At least UA was smart enough to stop the internships and get everyone back. Next chapter is going to be a rough one.

I liked their “not date”. It’s nice to Izuku finally opening up a bit more and actually talking to Setsuna. Hopefully this will continue once they get back to school. You should have whole group chat join him on the roof for lunch.

This is the first fic I’ve seen that possibly has a quirkless terrorist group. I like the idea, but I feel like the OC you introduce last chapter might be a part of it. Which would make me sad because he seems like he has a bright future ahead of him. Hopefully he’s not involved. Izuku would be devastated.

Great chapter and great story!
R.I.P. Iida...

Sad that he had to go. But without “Moptop” there to save him it was bound to happen. I hope Uraraka will be okay.

If Midoriya gets a haircut, does that mean that Tokage will have to come up with a new nickname for him?
Tony Stank chapter 15 . 11/29/2019
It might just be because I’m an asshole but I don’t feel bad for Iida. He tried to go up against someone way out of his weight class and got what he was deserved. There’s an old quote that goes something like: “You know what happens to someone who goes looking for a fight? They find it.”

I vote option A.
Option B
Guest chapter 15 . 11/29/2019
I like the black with green accents because that reminds me of Luke Skywalkers outfit in the beginning of Episode VI. Plus the green accents help his figure stand out more instead of it being a solid green with green head.
Vision chapter 15 . 11/29/2019
I knew you were going to kill Iida but I had held on to a small bit of Hope that he would just be injured but this is the logical expected outcome if Izuku was not present in that area. Its sad that Iida is gone because he actually learned from this experience in canon that makes him a better person/hero. Poor 1-A will be devastated especially Uraraka because he was one of her first and best friends. Will this cause her to spend more time with Izuku and 1-B will welcome her with open arms?
I know that Bakugou will run his mouth and say something like Iida was "weak to be killed by Stain" or "stupid to think he could take on Stain by himself" or like how he does in canon and make it about himself and say that if it was him he would have beaten and captured Stain. I'm sure that once this happens 1-A will realize that Bakugou is not just "full of hot air" and actually means what he says. I also expect Monoma to stop harassing 1-A once he learns about Iida's fate. Sure in canon he acts like a jerk who talks mess but I doubt if one of the students were to be kill even he wouldn't dare rub it in their classes face. I'm really looking forward to how you expand on Monoma; he is a jerk due to circumstance unlike Bakugou where fans claim he is a victim of circumstance when really he isn't nor does he show any signs of it.
From this incident I'm sure both classes will unite and will be less competitive against each other but only for the sake of improving each other instead of trying to out do each other. An attack on one of them is a attack on all of them, they are all students of U.A. and this should have been addressed after the USJ both in this fic. and in canon.
I really enjoyed the flashback moments, especially Ozehana who I did not expect to have transferred from Endeavor's agency but it does make sense why he would want her. But it is good that she just did not want to be used as a means for him to go wild and got out when she did. With Blizzard's agency she is able to work how she wants and is able to be the hero she always dreamed of being. I always found it weird that people in the police or emergency service can't use their quirks; especially if said quirk would be beneficial towards that occupation. I would think their exist a license where one could obtain so that they could use their quirk for their job only.
I was actually expecting it to be a biker jacket but the one you have works great to and now I'm envisioning Izuku's costume with a mask and the hooded jacket over his head makes him look like a Grim reaper. If I had to choose between the two I would pick option A since his his helmet and most of his costume is already black, it would stand out.
Moving on, I really looking forward to what everyone else learned during their internship. So we learned more about Tokage's family and their quirks. Its interesting that her Father is an engineer in support items and looking forward to Izuku meeting with him. Sad about her Mother but this would be her inspiration to be a rescue hero and this disproves my divorce theory. I also liked how you included Izuku's father who isn't a deadbeat. Most people make him either a deadbeat, a hero or businessman but I like your take on him and how he has an honest work job but he works overseas. But Izuku would have a fire manipulation quirk like Ember but he would be able to make as well as control his own fire as well as outside sources of fire. Even if he could only control fire like Flame control he could wear gloves like Roy Mustang from FMA to snap his fingers to create sparks/fire (an idea for a possible future fic.). Will Izuku eventually learn to control fire or he could create force fields around a fire to cut off oxygen to put it out?
I really like Tokage and how forward she is, she knows what she wants but she knows when to not over step her boundaries. She is slowly getting him out of his shell by getting him to talk more and reveal more about himself as well as getting more physical with him. I really want to see what kind of hair style you will give Izuku and how everyone will react to it. I can imagine Izuku with an undercut and the top could be cut short with his natural curls that could be combed over or slicked back.
I really enjoyed the chapter and sad to see that Iida is gone but I'm looking forward to next chapter and keep up the great work.
option A
Redragon0911 chapter 15 . 11/29/2019
Black
Armadillo 300 chapter 15 . 11/29/2019
Shinso is now going to be in class A, and will feel guilty for taking the place of someone that died. Or maybe you will do something else, who knows. I pick the green jacket.
randomauthor99 chapter 15 . 11/29/2019